Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
1 hour ago, Sharpedge said:

Yeah, getting difficult to decide who knows what they’re talking about.  Need quite a few cans of “bullsh*t” repellant.  It’s a pity really, as someone who hasn’t a clue how the models work but is keen on snow, it would be nice to read genuine comments.  If I was to put all the dodgy ones on my ignore list there would be hardly anything to read.

Most are pretty much straw clutching and making it up as they go along to be perfectly honest. It's a shame because some real experts and people who are doing good model reading get covered up by the nonsense.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme
1 hour ago, bluearmy said:

Too much impatience over there .... don’t think many have noticed that the month thus far is chilly (days moreso than nights )

Sure is a lot of impatience and tossing toys about when a set of simulation results don't show what some people want the weather to be.  A lack of emotional maturity on several levels, compounded by a lack of fluid dynamics understanding- not great for interpretation of simulations. I had better spend my time doing something useful !

Posted
47 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

Doesn’t leave many options !

its going to get much colder post 20th

snow? Frost? No one knows 

but for the first time this winter we actually have a raffle ticket and it’s a proper prize - the two week holiday in the Caribbean rather than the spa day

Absolutely correct mate.

Been here for a while, and always look for yourself, Stevie M, Blasty, Roger J etc.

just recently unfortunately, been an influx of posters who just want to derail any serious discussions for us less knowledgeable people.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
15 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

More likely to get snow in feb-April time these days anyway ... to me anything before hand is a plus ... 

Afternoon snow

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Essex Easterly. said:

I had some nice icy drizzle last night  for all of 5 minutes

afternoon essex lol

Posted
1 hour ago, Lauren said:

Most are pretty much straw clutching and making it up as they go along to be perfectly honest. It's a shame because some real experts and people who are doing good model reading get covered up by the nonsense.

I think james madden posts in there in disguise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

afternoon essex lol

Afternoon  Any cold drizzle there today? It's overcast, cold and damp here, with continuous drizzle, no ice in it this time! 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Essex Easterly. said:

Afternoon  Any cold drizzle there today? It's overcast, cold and damp here, with continuous drizzle, no ice in it this time! 

I have literally had no weather here for two weeks , gloom gloom gloooooooooooom, could this be the most tedious winter ever

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Oh a look a rain drop, said no one ever. But I'm not worried it was dark and grey at least the sky looks like winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Fabulous sky tonight, the picture doesn’t do it justice 

AE8B38EF-1BE6-45AB-B689-CAFB51B28F8D.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
17 minutes ago, bluebell said:

Fabulous sky tonight, the picture doesn’t do it justice 

AE8B38EF-1BE6-45AB-B689-CAFB51B28F8D.jpeg

Do we live in the same country lol? This is the sky here right now 

IMG_2170.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
1 minute ago, Essex Easterly. said:

Do we live in the same country lol? This is the sky here right now 

IMG_2170.JPG

I ‘what’s-upped’ the pic to my sister who lives around Bedford, she said pretty much the same thing slate grey skies! Mind you to be fair it’s been mainly grey here, just happened to be blessed with a break in the cloud at just the right moment!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Another (one of many!) vile day: cloudy, damp and only 2.9C!

Posted
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

I have literally had no weather here for two weeks , gloom gloom gloooooooooooom, could this be the most tedious winter ever

Most tedious ever? By a long way.... and no end in sight. 

It's amazing that the much vaunted displaced azores high( never our friend in my opinion) is robbing is of any proper winter weather, snow or otherwise. 

Even people that have no interest in weather whatsoever are commenting on how boring and tedious it's been. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Evening all, 

Sorry another post about Darren Mild Bett..

The Mild lover greets our screens on a another national BBC evening news forecast just now. 

“Temperatures up 12c, that’s pretty mild for this time of year and unlike other parts of Europe - No snow” 

Let’s hope we get a freezing cold second half of winter to swipe that smug mild loving grin off his face. 

As @stainesbloke said, where’s Rob McEllwee when you need him. 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Agree with the tedious winter comments!!!! Whilst I'm grateful it's not been a constant barrage of wet and windy, it's been very benign and I think that has felt worse because we've all been hoping and waiting since quite early in November when a lot of "background signals" were looking really good for this winter!!!

Well this is now the best position we've been in so let's hope all our waiting pays off!!! I want so much snow that I forget there even was a first half of winter 2018/19!!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
1 hour ago, weathergeek said:

Agree with the tedious winter comments!!!! Whilst I'm grateful it's not been a constant barrage of wet and windy, it's been very benign and I think that has felt worse because we've all been hoping and waiting since quite early in November when a lot of "background signals" were looking really good for this winter!!!

Well this is now the best position we've been in so let's hope all our waiting pays off!!! I want so much snow that I forget there even was a first half of winter 2018/19!!!

I would rather benign weather if it isn’t going to be cold and snowy. 

An Atlantic train of mild, wind and rain with folks getting flooded out would be a kick in the teeth whilst the rest of Northern Europe enjoy proper winter. 

The fact it’s been dry has eased the pain of a so far snowless winter. Would’ve been made worse by a bore fest onslaught of Atlantic crap. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

I found this in my parents' things, a snow fight I had with my sister and neighbour. We did not have the wrong kind of snow for me in February 1991 in South Woodham.
I'm the green one. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Great video, lovely memory to havd.

it always seemed to snow white in Feb and from memory snowballs, snowmen and sledging galore 

Now to contemplate whether  or not to venture into the Mad thread and read back a couple of pages to see wgst the output gave us this evening!

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

After a quick browse of the charts I'd say don't focus on snow at this stage, let's get some proper cold in and the rest may follow, still plenty of winter left.....plus early Spring 

• Like 1