Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

stunning sunny day here today. Stayed lighter for longer as well. 

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

@Steve Murr I wish I had room for a footy goal in my garden...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

Hi 

I was thinking about this potential up coming cold spell, my sons birthday is on the 20th Jan. when he was one  it was 2013 we had a party for him in Bromley but half the family couldn’t come because it had been snowing all day.  @TomSE12 not sure if you can remember this.I was wondering if anyone could find any charts for that time not because it’s my sons birthday but so we might be able to compare then to the weather potential in the next few weeks ☺️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
8 hours ago, DonnaThw said:

Hi 

I was thinking about this potential up coming cold spell, my sons birthday is on the 20th Jan. when he was one  it was 2013 we had a party for him in Bromley but half the family couldn’t come because it had been snowing all day.  @TomSE12 not sure if you can remember this.I was wondering if anyone could find any charts for that time not because it’s my sons birthday but so we might be able to compare then to the weather potential in the next few weeks ☺️

Hi Donna,

Didn't realise you were a fellow Bromleyite like myself and my Wife, Colette. I've sent you a detailed PM with a link to archive charts, from that day. I hope you find them useful.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Cold, bright and breezy with a few sleet showers...2.6C.

Posted
14 hours ago, yamkin said:

For anyone on here this doesn't really tell us anymore than we already know... the 'SSW' event has so far lead to everyone (including top forecasters) scratching their heads as the UK basks in relentless 'mostly mild' gloom and the charts show no prospect (yet) of this pattern changing too much all the way to the end of January. Is what it is - but you can sugar coat it all you like, hasn't changed things :wallbash: Looking more and more likely we'll have to wait until February now for any pattern change... or could the SSW actually work against us for the rest of winter? All to play for IMO

Posted

Not looking so great now for our region after that meto update, they are expecting the North to have the greater chance of snow and frost with further South milder and wetter  interludes expected,not sounding like a freeze up isit   ,roll on March then,the new winter month

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

feels cold out just 5c in a moderate breeze -neighbours are having their front lawn mowed though and the early blossom is out !

JPEG image-D4315CBF1759-1.jpeg

Edited by Badgers01
typo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
10 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

Not looking so great now for our region after that meto update, they are expecting the North to have the greater chance of snow and frost with further South milder and wetter  interludes expected,not sounding like a freeze up isit   ,roll on March then,the new winter month

Why people pay so much attention to Exeter updates is beyond me...they've been relatively poor since late October. Anyway aren't you ignoring all the positive signals?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
10 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

feels cold out just 5c in a moderate breeze -neighbours are having their front lawn mowed though and the early blossom is out !

JPEG image-D4315CBF1759-1.jpeg

Complete lack of any hard frosts (or air frosts) is the main reason for growing lawns, buds coming out etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
Just now, Froze were the Days said:

Complete lack of any hard frosts (or air frosts) is the main reason for growing lawns, buds coming out etc.

quite ! the daffodils on the Esher bypass started blooming Boxing Day 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
40 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Why people pay so much attention to Exeter updates is beyond me...they've been relatively poor since late October. Anyway aren't you ignoring all the positive signals?

yes and fergie weather tweets were mostly vague gobbledegook

Posted
3 hours ago, Matty88 said:

For anyone on here this doesn't really tell us anymore than we already know... the 'SSW' event has so far lead to everyone (including top forecasters) scratching their heads as the UK basks in relentless 'mostly mild' gloom and the charts show no prospect (yet) of this pattern changing too much all the way to the end of January. Is what it is - but you can sugar coat it all you like, hasn't changed things :wallbash: Looking more and more likely we'll have to wait until February now for any pattern change... or could the SSW actually work against us for the rest of winter? All to play for IMO

I think the SSW will lead to nothing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Partly cloudy with occasional sunshine.  It was sunnier earlier on in the day.  The temperature is 6°C but it feels more like 2°C. The dew point is at 1°C.  The wind speed is 12 miles per hour with gusts of 21 miles per hour.

Posted
1 hour ago, Froze were the Days said:

Hope we get an easterly in the end,northerlies aren’t that great for our region.You would get buried with snow in easterlies where you live I would imagine,if the upper air temps are lower enough.

Edited by SLEETY
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

I see a few people have seen some snizzle and the odd flake today. There's a band of more beefy showers now around Ipswich moving SE, also in east Kent, might be a flake or two in there although temps are a bit higher than forecast.

Edited by snowray

Posted

Patience grasshoppers. If we go by the SSW from last Feb, it took approx two weeks for the colder weather to arrive after the winds reversed in the strat.

So by that loose logic, I suspect the touted dates of W/C 21st Jan onwards we could start to see some colder conditions set in. Eye candy charts will hopefully be the norm from around this time next week into next weekend...

Give it another week or so and I bet things will be looking up 

Edited by Southender
  • Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, snowray said:

I see a few people have seen some snizzle and the odd flake today. There's a band of more beefy showers now around Ipswich moving SE, also in east Kent, might be a flake or two in there although temps are a bit higher than forecast.

i have my magnifying glass stuck to my eye waiting for a flake

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
48 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i have my magnifying glass stuck to my eye waiting for a flake

Oh good, just as well its just your eye lass.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Darren Bett on BBC News evening forecast 

“it’s going to be a mild weekend Rita” 

Cue... his gleaming smile and over excited voice!! 

Well at least someone’s happy to be living in the mildest/ snowless country in Northern Europe 

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 2

Posted

Snowflakes reported in central London earlier reported by a mate of mine.:oldsmile: