Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Here in the Twilight Zone of Essex, the sky is still mostly cloudy apart from a few breaks in the cloud.  It will be completely overcast in an hours time.  The temperature at 9:14pm is 3°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

-3 on the commute , that's more like it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
13 hours ago, Snipper said:

Sorry only recently been looking at this thread. Have you been deported?

Nope, made the move entirely by choice. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Another overcast morning and the temperature in South Ockendon is 1°C but I think it is much higher, which is not surprising due to the amount overnight cloud cover.  Cloud cover is to stay the same in Thurrock until Wednesday.  The Met Office has forecasted clear skies and lots of sunshine which will be difficult to achieve when there is so much cloud cover and very light winds.

Posted

Second 'light' frost of the season here in Ely - tells you how mild its been so far! 

Not looking particularly good for our region for the next 7 odd days either for any wintry stuff.... the wait continues! Time for the charts to spring a surprise yet...I'm sure we'll get a bit of snow eventually this season - probably not much as usual

Posted

There has only been one light frost and heavy frost in South Ockendon and both were last year.

A strange light has appeared in the sky, oh I think I can see the sun which has been absent for several days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

-4.1c in the garden, up to -2. I know this because it was freaking cold when hubs opened the door when him and bubs went out to get us some breakfast. Although it didn't look like an heavy frost. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

gone cloudy again. The cat approves. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Yet another day of consummate vileness: grey, cold and almost windless, 2.1C...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Afternoon all,

I have some very worrying news, to report from Sweden!! Whilst making their way from their Ice Palace Hotel to the airport, to board their flight back to the U.K, after their enforced holiday within the Arctic Circle, safe in the knowledge of a few frosty nights to come and with Freddie Freezer on hand, should the weather turn dangerously mild.

image.png.90f131c45b5faeec8cb7ff2f67d24a1c.png

Sammy and his family decided to make a run for it but encountered warm updraughts from the S.S.W, occurring within the Arctic Circle at the moment!! Poor Sammy was wafted high into the air!!

image.png.7f69d8b74494d3ce7e622097c8f76c95.png Ultima Thule?? No it's Sammy Snowman, encased in ice of course.

image.thumb.png.94cd2008b279d20ace744c210a6b730c.png

Sammy experienced his own Sudden Sammy Warming!! But never fear, International Rescue (Thunderbirds),have been contacted and as I type are on their way to rescue Sammy from high above the Arctic Circle.

Obviously a job for Thunderbird 3:

image.thumb.png.e9cc29c83a65e0116d554796d9e88d3f.png

Hopefully I'll have some positive news soon and will repost back, when I do.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

@Steve Murr surely even next week with charts like this we could be looking at some potent wintry showers well inland..

850temp_20190104_06_114.thumb.jpg.66d57636325557cf8bbe5f51a66e1005.jpg

850temp_20190104_06_120.thumb.jpg.4622de48dfaeb2f4c77401e2b919939e.jpg

Not to mention that windchill will be bitter!! 

sleety showers at best uppers look underwhelming and a long maritime fetch won't help... but it would be a start I guess !!

Edited by Badgers01

Posted

So far I've still only had 1 ground frost of the year, and that was on Christmas Day. Not a bad day to have it all white but I'm ready for the snow now....only a few more weeks to wait. What's that? The 10 day charts look promising? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Had a wonderful afternoon with my Wife, Sister and Brother-In-Law, over in Grove Park yesterday, honouring what would have been my Mother's 95th birthday.. My niece's daughter (Sister's Granddaughter) was there too. Managed to find a worthy recipient of Reggie Reindeer, after my own daughter had refused the attempted Christmas present due to an ongoing, "spat". It's crazy, life's way too short!!

image.thumb.png.50491692ac80298cfe8092e7ff388931.png

Reggie (another one of my Wife's alliteration specials), was an instant hit with Maddalena, the little girl concerned. She soon had him covered in a blanket fearing he was still frostbitten, after working all through Christmas Eve night.

Reggie even was set a place at the dining table and enjoyed a lovely meal, laid on by my sister but would obviously have been happy just having a mince pie and a saucer of milk. Reggie even joined in with a game of Cat Bingo (which Yours Truly, unbelievably won). I never realised there were so many breeds of cat!!

image.png.7dc2226d35b8109ed3219c8666431476.png

Of course, Reggie was able to identify with ease a Norwegian Forest Cat.

image.thumb.png.25486c54074dcd37a36cd3d970cd3525.png

I'm pleased to report Reggie had a very comfortable first night, at his new home in Orpington. Evidently Reggie has accompanied the family to Tesco's this afternoon perhaps to pull the shopping back to the family home!!

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

2 hours ago, Surrey said:

@Steve Murr surely even next week with charts like this we could be looking at some potent wintry showers well inland..

850temp_20190104_06_114.thumb.jpg.66d57636325557cf8bbe5f51a66e1005.jpg

850temp_20190104_06_120.thumb.jpg.4622de48dfaeb2f4c77401e2b919939e.jpg

Not to mention that windchill will be bitter!! 

Yes mate especially out towards Suffolk / Norfolk & kent

Maybe a trough coming through!