Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Happy New Year Tom and best of health and everybody else on NW and let's hope Sammy snowman has lots to look forward to!

cheers FWTD (Tim) :drunk-emoji:

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

As we close the year, I'd like to reproduce this terrific summary of the East's weather highlights during 2018.

Jan - Gales 617562387_DanHolley2018Jan.thumb.jpg.6262234b56f95745e6435c7664f8b97a.jpg Feb - Cold and Snow  1631663842_DanHolley2018Feb.thumb.jpg.9959da2ae0007d373bfe6340bace1837.jpg

April - Heat 2006954760_DanHolley2018April.thumb.jpg.fa3e0862b5a4be162411a5043293c056.jpg July - Thunderstorms  21055258_DanHolley2018July.thumb.jpg.f903b15e9ba0abf0a27f6a3afae2584d.jpg

Sep - Frosts 1013143914_DanHolley2018Sept.thumb.jpg.4c1c6ce6f96e8c7245b2ee565f3ebb29.jpg Oct - Late Warmth  813085045_DanHolley2018Oct.thumb.jpg.002c0fdcdf3690785ae896da61e384c9.jpg

With thanks to Dan Holley of Weatherquest. You can follow him on Twitter: @danholley_

May I wish everyone on our Regional thread a very Healthy and Happy New Year.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

I wish everyone on the forum a happy, safe new year! I sincerely hope the coming 2 months left of winter will be bitterly cold exceptionally cold and snowy.

let 2019 be filled with Memorable weather events!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Happy new year to everyone, hopefully the weather might get more interesting.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Happy New Year to all members!!

Very interesting 00z ECM run this morning and comes up with a Steve Murr, Scandinavian sausage at t216:

image.thumb.png.cef85a28cc7758b92cea24722cfd2688.png             image.thumb.png.00885a6f2c4f85dbcbb96626cbb4e1fa.png

Let's hope that it's the start of a trend to a "smorgasbord" of High Pressure, in that area!!

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Happy New Year, fellow SE’ners! Wishing you all good health and happiness for the year ahead and loads of exciting and enjoyable weather to talk about

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

So, after yesterday's mild and dull weather, we move onto today's colder and even duller weather - with added drizzle!

Happy New Year!:drunk-emoji:

• Like 4

Posted

Happy New Year all!

Right to the here and now and yet another mildish end to the old year and start of the new one!! - seems to be annually mild at this time.

Here are the maxes and mins from where I live for New Years Eve and New Years Day of recent years:

2009/10: 31st 4.2, -1.2 1st 3.1, -1.8 2010/11: 31st 6.0, 4.9 1st 6.8, 3.3 2011/12: 31st 12.4, 8.7 1st 12.3, 8.5 2012/13: 31st 11.4, 8.9 1st 8.9, 8.9 2013/14: 31st 9.6, 5.5 1st 10.5, 6.1 2014/15: 31st 6.2, -0.7 1st 11.3, 4.5 2015/16: 31st 10.5, 6.5 1st: 8.2, 1.9 2016/17: 31st 8.0, 4.8 1st 9.0, 4.5 2017/18: 31st 12.9, 7.9 1st 7.0, 5.2 2018/19: 31st 10.0, 8.5

Very few frosts here in my local and no doubt others across the area - sorry for all the stats with the banging heads at the moment! :drunk-emoji:

• Like 4

Posted

Here we go something to get the juices flowing from Jan 1987 from one of the lanes near Burnham

DSCF3415.JPG

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

11c again today but the air is feeling cooler in the breeze, looking forward to a frost the next few nights.

Happy New Year again to everyone, charts are improving, looking forward to the big freeezzzzeeeee of Winter 2019!!!:drunk::cold:

Edited by snowray
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

has anyone wished anyone a happy new year yet, if not happy new year hope you all goat what you wanted for goatsmass

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

Packing all the Christmas lights outside away today, and I noticed daffodils have pushed through the soil already, no flowers yet but won't be long if this mild weather was to continue. 

But it's 1st January, so I expect we will get some cold spells soon, even more likely now there has been a SSW event...

• Like 4

Posted

Happy New Year everyone!

Just been looking at photos and articles of the January 1987 snow storm which hit Kent pretty badly. I was only 9 at the time but I remember having a few days off school due to lack of heating and a brilliant afternoon in a local country park playing in the snow.

I know the chance of seeing something like that again is slim but as I got a shiny new weather station for Christmas it’d be nice if the charts starting to appear came to fruition!

• Like 4

Posted
25 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Happy New Year everyone!

Just been looking at photos and articles of the January 1987 snow storm which hit Kent pretty badly. I was only 9 at the time but I remember having a few days off school due to lack of heating and a brilliant afternoon in a local country park playing in the snow.

I know the chance of seeing something like that again is slim but as I got a shiny new weather station for Christmas it’d be nice if the charts starting to appear came to fruition!

What weather station did you get?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Looks like it's about to chuck it down but nothing on the forecast.

• Like 1

Posted

Happy New Year to all. In about a week or so, I can see winter stepping up a gear ❄️❄️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Happy new year everyone, let the new year be good for all ❄️

Treated the frogs & newts to a total pond refurb the last couple of days in time for when the cold weather arrives. I was amazed by how many frogs were still active when I was clearing the old pond, they may need to find a hibernation spot in the not too distant future ❄️?

9F49A49A-9B0E-4A86-B7EF-DFF696230EA6.jpeg

823FF299-8A23-4130-BD67-2C11EC464E23.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, shotski said:

Happy new year everyone, let the new year be good for all ❄️

Treated the frogs & newts to a total pond refurb the last couple of days in time for when the cold weather arrives. I was amazed by how many frogs were still active when I was clearing the old pond, they may need to find a hibernation spot in the not too distant future ❄️?

9F49A49A-9B0E-4A86-B7EF-DFF696230EA6.jpeg

823FF299-8A23-4130-BD67-2C11EC464E23.jpeg

they probably think it's spring

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
9 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

they probably think it's spring

Don’t you normally have a winter in between

Posted
7 minutes ago, shotski said:

Don’t you normally have a winter in between

it's coming, maybe for sure hopefully

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Happy New Year folks 

Back from Montreal today, where temps were -8c by day and -15c by night with lots of snow

Feels tropical here. 

I see the ‘hunt for cold’ thread is rinse & repeat from when I left in December.

‘Boom’ posts over day 10 charts 

Makes you realise how day 10 charts and Lala land model FI watching, is absolutely pointless otherwise we’d be in snow & cold nirvana by now. 

• Like 1

Posted
54 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Happy New Year folks 

Back from Montreal today, where temps were -8c by day and -15c by night with lots of snow

Feels tropical here. 

I see the ‘hunt for cold’ thread is rinse & repeat from when I left in December.

‘Boom’ posts over day 10 charts 

Makes you realise how day 10 charts and Lala land model FI watching, is absolutely pointless otherwise we’d be in snow & cold nirvana by now. 

You try telling then that in there...shot to pieces or even make something humorous out of the term 'Hunt for cold'.

• Like 1