Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

I think we all could do with some decent cold and a prolonged snowy outlook,seems to be getting increasingly difficult 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
1 hour ago, snowrye said:

I think we all could do with some decent cold and a prolonged snowy outlook,seems to be getting increasingly difficult 

We can’t have the best of both worlds. 

Posted

Left a cold snowy Kiev yesterday evening, now back to the grey London. It appears like the weather has been boringly quiet here. That's high pressure in winter for you. We'll it's what alot of folk on Netweather want.  

DSC_0128.JPG

DSC_0124.JPG

DSC_0123.JPG

• Like 3

Posted

I look forward to socks,and shower gel,deodorant lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

the coffee has been smelt in the mod thread and the potential is screaming, so prepare for sleet showers everyone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Left a cold snowy Kiev yesterday evening, now back to the grey London. It appears like the weather has been boringly quiet here. That's high pressure in winter for you. We'll it's what alot of folk on Netweather want.  

DSC_0128.JPG

DSC_0124.JPG

DSC_0123.JPG

Looks like you got your snow fix for the winter, from your pics, lucky you ?? Hope you had a great time in Kiev. Definitely has been boring weather here for about 6 weeks now, if it’s not been raining it’s been cloudy. And mild. High pressure can be nice in winter, if it’s a cold high with sunshine by day and fog/frost by night. Sadly, this time it’s just typical UK gloom. At least the rain has stopped for a few days, though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms
On 28/12/2018 at 09:44, shotski said:

Hi Essex weather

any updates on what the latest Glosea is showing for mid January ? Thanks  

Everything has been pushed back a week but the signals are still there, albeit weaker than before. Once the bank holiday is out the way, I'm sure the Met Office will start to emphasise (via their press office) that the SSW is no guarantee of severe cold and a multitude of outcomes remain on the table.

There is now very high confidence that apart from a brief colder snap this coming week, nothing wintry for the large majority of UK is expected out to the 15th January. This is clear from tonights EC ensembles, a staggering 90% keep 2m temperatures at or above average (7-9C) during days 10-14.

The last 15 days of January and the whole of February could still deliver the goods.

Edited by essexweather
  • Thanks 1

Posted

BBC going for a bitterly cold week ahead with temperatures of plus 6c I'm sure that's average for January. They did add that there is a chance of it turning much colder in the middle of January

• Like 1

Posted

How bad our winters have become,6c is bitterly cold,lol,a nice raw easterly will sort it out

• Like 1

Posted

Well Xmas is definitely over! Creme eggs on sale in my local COOP yesterday 

Morning all. A chilly start to the day and noisy one too... someone decided that letting fireworks off at 04:45 was a good idea this morning 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Hope you all had an enjoyable Christmas.

Just watched a recording of MeteoGroup's, (W.F.T.W.A.), with Mel Coles (can't remember seeing her before).

Without going into great detail, the weather should start to feel more Seasonal, as we head into the New Year. Turning colder but with some sunny spells and dry. A return of some nighttime frosts and daytime temps, about average. So , it will start to feel much colder, than of late.

I think the most pertinent thing about the forecast, was that MeteoGroup suggesting, "there are indications it could be turning much colder, as we head further into January".

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

When I was growing up, ‘bitterly cold’ meant daytime temperatures around freezing (or lower). 6C isn’t cold in January, it’s average

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

When I was growing up, ‘bitterly cold’ meant daytime temperatures around freezing (or lower). 6C isn’t cold in January, it’s average

Good to see The Grin is back, SB...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Oh my goodness!

The sun is out :blink2:  Glorious technicolour has resumed. How lovely with a current temp of 10C and a walk with my dog - or is that heresy to say lovely when so may are desperately seeking snow? *steps quietly out of the room*

Happy 2019 everyone - may the snow Gods smile upon this little island of ours.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

It’s another grey dark day here. It’s mild though. I’ve just had a post pop up on my phone from a newspaper (not express) forecasting massive temperature drops from Wednesday and a potential for three months of cold. I know that is the usual extreme paper crap but I was wondering in the short term? I’ve been keeping an eye the mod thread and things have improved. There was also a beautiful chart from the met office in regards to the cold front moving in from Russia. As usual I will not get excited till I see some very hard evidence but curious to know what people think.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Well would you believe it, they are actually having a new years eve BBQ a couple of doors down with fireworks, 11c around here!

Happy New years everyone, lets hope we get to see a flake before the Spring, days getting longer now, time ticking for winter...:drunk:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
1 minute ago, snowray said:

Well would you believe it, they are actually having a new years eve BBQ a couple of doors down with fireworks, 11c around here!

Happy New years everyone, lets hope we get to see a flake before the Spring, days getting longer now, time ticking for winter...:drunk:

You don't live down the road from @lassie23 do you?  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
6 minutes ago, Essex Easterly. said:

No. I think Lassie is goating to do roast goat for New Years with a bounty side dish, although I could be wrong, might be BBQ goat with a bounty on top...No flakes though this year:blink2:

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Essex Easterly. said:

lol i'm bbq my crown. Seen a lot of great tits whilst out, obviously enjoying the mild weather

Posted

Just a quick update on Sammy Snowman. Sammy and his family spent a lovely wintry week in Lapland. They saw plenty of the white stuff and Sammy, remained frozen solid !! 

image.png.1563b8ead10d52ebca5f6bf571438a90.png 

With the talk of some slightly colder weather, at the end of the week with some night frosts, the family have provisionally booked flights back to the U.K. But mum Sharon, wants to reassure everyone in that she'll have Freddie Freezer on hand, should the weather become dangerously mild!!

image.png.5dfa57c296e4e77cd7bc233fc319ff66.png

Would like to take the opportunity,  to wish all members an early Happy New Year! !:drunk:  

But take it easy please, evidently there are going to be plenty of Tarquin Tanks, on our streets tonight, to deal with the drunk and disorderly!!

image.png.a791bd88e7d231e090303ef3fa0bf17e.png Bit drastic, isn't it??

Very best wishes, to all members.

Tom (SE12).  :hi:

image.png

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1

Posted
56 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Just a quick update on Sammy Snowman. Sammy and his family spent a lovely wintry week in Lapland. They saw plenty of the white stuff and Sammy, remained frozen solid !! 

image.png.1563b8ead10d52ebca5f6bf571438a90.png 

With the talk of some slightly colder weather, at the end of the week with some night frosts, the family have provisionally booked flights back to the U.K. But mum Sharon, wants to reassure everyone in that she'll have Freddie Freezer on hand, should the weather become dangerously mild!!

image.png.5dfa57c296e4e77cd7bc233fc319ff66.png

Would like to take the opportunity,  to wish all members an early Happy New Year! !:drunk:  

But take it easy please, evidently there are going to be plenty of Tarquin Tanks, on our streets tonight, to deal with the drunk and disorderly!!

image.png.a791bd88e7d231e090303ef3fa0bf17e.png Bit drastic, isn't it??

Very best wishes, to all members.

Tom (SE12).  :hi:

image.png

Great stuff from you there as usual Tom....Happy New Year to you.:snowman-emoji:

• Like 3

Posted

Thanks for those kind words above, snowray.

Nice to see, like myself, you're from Kent/London borderland. Sounds like my neighbours next door are gearing up for one of their infamous, New Year's Eve party's. Used to give me a lot of problem's when I used to work, pre-stroke. I can vividly remember, one New Year's Eve not getting a minute's sleep, due to a thumping base coming through the walls, until 6 AM in the morning!! Went to work with my eyes on stalks!! Had words with her after that and thankfully she did tone down her "get togethers", a great deal. If it gets too noisy tonight, might have to call in Tarquin Tank, to calm things down!!

image.png.6048711af169299b916cf7c76209ddc8.png

Havn't felt particularly well over Xmas week. I seem to be suffering from something called, Trigeminal Neuralgia, which is pretty common after a Stroke. It causes a burning, soreness on top of the brain and occurs after nerve damage and invasive surgery, which leaves scar tissue. Paracetamol doesn't seem to work and just takes the edge off the pain. Have been prescribed an anti-epileptic drug called Gabapentin but Colette has advised me against taking it. A lot of residents where Colette works are taking it and my Wife tells me, it's made "Zombies", out of them!! I found the symptoms to be worse, when my left ear is exposed to a draught. Noticed this, last Summer when I had a fan "playing" on the left hand side, of my body. During this Summer's heatwave managed to avoid exposing my left hand side, to a fan. The only medication I've found helpful is a cream called, Capsaicin. It's an active component of Chilli Peppers and when I applied it to the area of my scalp, above the soreness, it helped numb the pain. Problem is, it's on Prescription only!! Fortunately, my Wife has managed to get me an appointment with my GP, early on Wednesday morning. Can't wait to get that cream, on my scalp again. 

On the weather front, I see the 12z GFS finished on a very Dec. 1981-ish, note!!

image.thumb.png.4c1478d726f8aca9d7c306a8c29268da.png( JAN.2019)       image.thumb.png.ec78a211cd536944ce4f0149c0bb5330.png(DEC.1981)

Nothing remotely wintry showed on the 12z ECM but that only goes out to 10th January. It may well be that we have to show a lot more patience now, with nothing wintry showing up , perhaps until mid-month. Who knows!! :unknw:

I agree with the comments above, in no way is 6c cold, at this time of year. It may feel much colder than of late, due to the wind and the mild temperatures, we've experienced of late. It's very worrying to be getting excited by average temperatures and a touch of frost, an indictment of the Winter so far!! But all is not lost, just yet!! :nonono:

I'd like to wish all S.E.Regional members, a Very Happy New Year and for myself a less neuralgic one, please!!

Well the party is starting to get into full-swing next door and the loud music has started!! :oldangry: Don't think I'll be getting much sleep tonight, whether it's down to pain or party??

Very best wishes,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 6