Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

After a brief 15 - 20 minute spell of snow and graupel around 11.30am here in St Leonards-on-Sea the weather has since taken a vile turn for the worst.

Winds gusting to 30mph, rain coming in sideways under my garden canopy, currently 3.3c and light levels so low it was practically night time by 3.30pm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
1 hour ago, Steve Murr said:

Temp peaked @2c

now down to 1.1c !

I thought the Temperature was supposedly meant to climb today?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
5 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

I thought the Temperature was supposedly meant to climb today?

They have not climbed much, pity its all rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
1 minute ago, snowray said:

They have not climbed much, pity its all rain.

It’s still 3 degrees here in Rye and like everywhere else it’s bitter. I don’t think that even the northern parts of the country are fairing much better than us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
32 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

It’s still 3 degrees here in Rye and like everywhere else it’s bitter. I don’t think that even the northern parts of the country are fairing much better than us.

I think it might be pretty bad though in places like Leeds, freezing rain earlier now turned to heavy snow, still -1c up there, also at Leek, currently at 0c.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Paul1968 said:

Quick look round the regionals nothing too noteworthy of reporting .

10 minutes ago, snowray said:

I think it might be pretty bad though in places like Leeds, freezing rain earlier now turned to heavy snow, still -1c up there, also at Leek, currently at 0c.

this is very confusing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Utterly vile here. Can’t believe the dog wanted to go out a short time ago. 

Temp: 1C - feels like -6

Heavy (in your face sideways) rain

Wind: SE 25 gusting 39, expected to increase during evening for goodness sake..

Greater love hath no Mummy than she will lay down her seat by the fire for her pooch and all that.....

• Like 1

Hi peeps

Very heavy rain at the moment in Walthamstow still bitter wind. Steve you did mention that 6pm-8pm we get an overcut. Is there still a chance for this to turn back to sleet or snow or have we now passed that point of no return with the slight rise in temperatures. 

Kind regards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Got to drive in a bit. Hate driving in weather like this,  you always get idiots not driving to the conditions. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
11 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

this is very confusing

Lol, the great biggest con from the Met Office, the guys up north not happy! Just very cold rain not the snow they was hoping. 

The hunt for cold thread has also gone absolutely quite. I know model watching is their hobby but we can’t even get this forecast right 24hrs before the event let alone posters putting up charts 2 weeks away and peeing themselves with excitement and then chunking all their dolls out the pram couple days later because the cold has gone. Always worth a chuckle 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, slater said:

Lol, the great biggest con from the Met Office, the guys up north not happy! Just very cold rain not the snow they was hoping. 

The hunt for cold thread has also gone absolutely quite. I know model watching is their hobby but we can’t even get this forecast right 24hrs before the event let alone posters putting up charts 2 weeks away and peeing themselves with excitement and then chunking all their dolls out the pram couple days later because the cold has gone. Always worth a chuckle 

there were warnings out for severe travel disruption , they were even talking about it this morning on breakfast tv. no wonder "oop north" are upset

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Well I cannot lie, I`m gutted. What a freezing mess out there right now. Temp -0.8 Dew P -1.8 but obviously something wrong somewhere, oh well on to the next chase.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Muddy old dog walk beckons tomorrow. Hammering down here since 2pm. 

Gutter overflowing out back. 

The dry seasonal cold weather this week, was a welcome relief from the previous weeks of mild deluge at least.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Met Office

·
4h

WOW! The latest observation from Cairngorm (1,245 metres above sea level) shows a temperature of -6.4 ºC, with a gust of 119 mph! This makes it feel like -23 ºC, brrr, not a day for mountaineering!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

1c and heavy rain. Utterly horrible.

You only need to look at the 850s, they rise above 0c before the rain arrived, it falls from the sky as rain and cannot cool before it reaches the surface. 

Oh well......

Posted

I’m fairly surprised to see in the ‘far north of & North East of England’ forum, some only reporting freezing rain/sleet at best with no snow.

Was expecting to see at least pictures of a 1 to 2 inch covering of snow given the info from Meto/BBC past couple of days. 

No wonder the Dunstable Downs didn’t even see sleet fall today. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Last one from me as Christmas drinks 
beckons
weathertrending

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN WITH SAMMY SNOWMAN. 

Here is the first report on the likely conditions at Noon, on Christmas Day (t240), seen through the eyes of the ECMWF 12z run.See z500 chart below:

ECM1-240.GIF

See 850 hPa chart below:

ECM0-240.GIF

Here is the first report for Christmas Day, from today's 12z ECMWF run (t240). High Pressure over the Azores with ridge N.E, over most of the U.K. Light N. to N.E. drift over our region. It will feel rather cold with just a chance of a wintry shower, perhaps more especially in the first half of the day before the ridge builds in.

CONTENT - (20% - 34% PROBABILITY) - ODDS - 4/1 to 2/1.

th?id=OIP.lFYOwibu796db5HxU811jQHaKW&pid

Next updateGFS 12Z. SUN.16th DEC. (t216).

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

PS - Here is a link to Bookmaker's Odds Comparison site (Oddschecker). London (Heathrow Airport), is quoted at between 4/1 and 5/1. IMO, woefully short Odds!!

https://www.oddschecker.com/novelty/christmas/white-christmas/to-snow-on-christmas-day

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1

Posted

Even reading the Scotland regional it’s 1cm of snow at best at low levels 

‘groundbreaking’

Unless northern England gets 5cm at height and low levels in Scotland get up to 10cm (very unlikely) the met office/ BBC well over egged this spell with their warnings & media hype. 

Maybe they got carried away with the first potential snow of the season. Who knows. 

Edited by Ben Lewis

Posted
18 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Even reading the Scotland regional it’s 1cm of snow at best at low levels 

‘groundbreaking’

Unless northern England gets 5cm at height and low levels in Scotland get up to 10cm (very unlikely) the met office/ BBC well over egged this spell with their warnings & media hype. 

Maybe they got carried away with the first potential snow of the season. Who knows. 

I think most people seemed to have over egged this event. Especially in here. There were a few who said a week in advance don’t expect more than a few cms in Scotland and rain elsewhere and everyone was slating them in the model thread. As per usual 

Edited by c00ps
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, c00ps said:

I think most people seemed to have over egged this event. Especially in here. There were a few who said a week in advance don’t expect more than a few cms in Scotland and rain elsewhere and everyone was slating them in the mode thread. As per usual 

sometimes that thread can be as silly as say the Express or the Sun etc

• Like 1