Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
11 minutes ago, shotski said:

Totally agree with this, there’s some fantastic posters on there but you need to be careful not to get sucked into the hype. 

BBC have been good recently and go for the lock to be pushed away, so I'll go with that rather than  posters in the MOD thread who cherry-pick  charts that will never happen lol

• Like 2

Posted

I wouldn’t be stunned if a fair few of us see some leading edge snowfall on Saturday transition to rain quicker more south and west you go but seems to be direction things are going. 

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

BBC have been good recently and go for the lock to be pushed away, so I'll go with that rather than  posters in the MOD thread who cherry-pick  charts that will never happen lol

I've been doing a 'totally unscientific' study recently of the Met v BBC/Meto group and the latter have been consistently more accurate. Will be Interesting how they fare over the next 3 months of winter. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
7 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Up early and having looked at 00z runs, pretty depressing reading so far. SAMMY SNOWMAN, is looking very worried. Have caught the "Alliteration Bug" from my wife. I think Colette wiles away her quiet spells at work, giving names to inanimate objects. Well, she calls me TOM!! :oldgrin:

In our bedroom we have the non alliterated Dreams bed, LUCIA. Who is a bit of a fetish fiend, adorned as she is in "faux" chocolate brown leather. Evidently, she spends all day flirting with CHARLIE CHEST OF DRAWERS, our resident Italian, FABRIZIO FAN (who did sterling work trying to keep yours truly cool, during this Summer's heatwave.) and the very staid, WALTER WARDROBE. Sitting astride CHARLIE, is TERESA TELEVISION. Her brother TERRY TV, lives downstairs in the Dining Room with FABRIZIO's sister FRANCESCA FAN, btw they have both gone back to Italy to hibernate for the Winter months. Also in the Dining Room you'll find the very posh, RUFUS RUG and TABITHA TABLE, also SOPHIE SOFA and CONNIE COFFEE TABLE.

Whilst we're in between CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN reports, I'd like to introduce you to SAMMY's family. Firstly, Mother and Father, SHARON and SOLOMON -

d2cba56fae06179e86bc54a1289c2621.jpg

Sister SALLY -

th?id=OIP.z9PR_7zslNHaPciCnMAMmAHaLH&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Cut out the "wolf whistles" boys!! SALLY and SAMMY's Father was in the Army (COLDstream  Guards, of course.) and is very protective, of his family.  

Hope member's don't find my posting, too frivolous or offensive. Have been a member since Jan 2005 and can find some of these Weather Threads, way too precious and serious.

Must go, there's a knock at the DORIS DOOR, from two men in white coats (thick and Winter type, of course.) They're coming to take me away, ha ha, hee hee!!

Hope you all have an enjoyable day, manic or otherwise.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Morning Tom....not really sure what to say.....love this post, certainly made me smile! I think this could be the best non weather related post I've read on NW! Saying that, there are snowmen so it could be classed as weather related I suppose? Keep them coming buddy! Have a good day!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Referencing my post above, think alliteration could be a useful tool in introducing the wonderful world of Meteorology, to children.

E.G clouds, ALISON ALTOCUMULUS, CUTHBERT CUMULUS (usually, quite inoffensive) but when he gets together with his brother, NIGEL NIMBUS, can be a bit of a 'mare or heaven, depending on your persuasion!!

Then of course we have, SYBIL SYNOPTICS, E.G, GRETA GREENLAND HIGH and STEVEN's or STEPHEN's(not sure which), SCANDINAVIAN SAUSAGE (but perhaps not appropriate for a children's book!!) Sorry Steve.  ALISTAIR ALEUTIAN LOW, DENNIS the DEPRESSION, COLIN COLD FRONT  FRANK the FRONTAL WAVE, OLIVER the OCCLUSION and WANDA WARM FRONT.

Not forgetting, JERRY the JET STREAM and his cousin, BIFURCATING BILLY.(which Nick Miller seemed to be very fond of during his, "Weather For the Week Ahead" forecast, during the early hours.

Think I'll go and lie down in a darkened BELINDA BEDROOM now and watch a bit of TERESA TELEVISION.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Sister Sally when seeing GFSP..:oldgrin:

E2A197E2-A379-4F71-A9D6-CFC473D0D2B0.thumb.png.f2ceef4e4fe323bb6de44d662d539f08.png

Hi Daniel,

Will SALLY be another female, that Lassie flirts with?? Only joking, Lass. :oldgrin:

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Posted
10 hours ago, Daniel* said:

I wouldn’t be stunned if a fair few of us see some leading edge snowfall on Saturday transition to rain quicker more south and west you go but seems to be direction things are going. 

I'd be surprised, the fronts moving in quickly and will sweep in mild air. A non-starter in my view for the likes of our low lying counties 

Onto the charts - they've mostly swung for the mild unsettled outlook, overly so in my view. We are bound to see some changes in the next few days and there are hints they could swing in an easterly over the Christmas/New Year period which would be nice. Worth keeping an eye on. 

Easy to get despondent with charts of the last few days, they have well and truly caught the mild unsettled bug!! Give them time to get over it hehe...they'll start feeling better soon!! 

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Hi Daniel,

Will SALLY be another female, that Lassie flirts with?? Only joking, Lass. 

Regards,

Tom. 

He may find some success with that!! :oops:

FAC09E10-F3DB-4916-AB95-248DF78D8DFB.thumb.jpeg.834f72d18c3d06a57b85e35f9eb13b56.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

So anyway Hubs tells me we have a delivery between 10 and 11 which is actually late. However it turns out to be a massive box full of Thorntons Chocolate, all our faves and a personalized santa for bubs. why care about xmas snow when you have a mountain of chocolate?

Still feels quite 'mild' out no frost or anything.  But cloudy. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Look east forecast just now: 

‘Dry and cold up until Saturday- heavy rain Saturday night with temps back up to double figures thereafter’

Hoping January delivers the cold & snow ❄️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
55 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

They always cheer me up, wouldn’t this be nice :oops::cold:

2D8CAB0E-4424-4D39-8488-CEEEB214A8F7.png

Yes that would be nice!:santa-emoji:

How about this Friday and Saturday, what are our chances of seeing a flake or two I wonder, maybe a wintry shower or two Friday and some wet slet yuck on Saturday?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
21 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yes that would be nice!

How about this Friday and Saturday, what are our chances of seeing a flake or two I wonder, maybe a wintry shower or two Friday and some wet slet yuck on Saturday?

It’s looking very unlikely that the SE will see any snow  I think it will probably be just hit and miss and knowing the SE mostly miss.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

I’m in Prague at the moment, sorting out our move over here and we had a lovely hour long snow shower this afternoon. Nice big fluffy flakes but it was not quite cold enough to settle (2C). Back to the UK tomorrow for a few days to look after my Mum, who’s having an eye op.

• Like 3

Posted

copy one from hunt  for cold   but  for  Xmas  day  for us  things are now starting  to look interesting for us down   the east coast   on Xmas  day  from 288 hr

B0172D07-285D-49C2-AEA1-1CE2F23BBD99.thumb.png.185869a4045256fb6ea336d874b997e8.png

gfs-2-288.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
8 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

I’m in Prague at the moment, sorting out our move over here and we had a lovely hour long snow shower this afternoon. Nice big fluffy flakes but it was not quite cold enough to settle (2C). Back to the UK tomorrow for a few days to look after my Mum, who’s having an eye op.

Oh wow! How come you're moving there?

Lovely thick layer of frost on everything this morning making the world look quite magical.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

Tiresome Tommy here!! :oldgrin:Do I hate that form of my name. Some called me Tommy well into my 20's!! :oldangry: Sorry but it's a young boy's name, although some older folk still like to be referred to as Tommy, E.G., that Robinson individual.

After a slightly chilly, mainly dry week, the weather is about to make an abrupt change. Wet, windy and mild weather, looks like rolling in for the weekend as a secondary depression tracks across Ireland.

Modele UKMO - Carte FAX Bracknell - Pression et fronts

Thereafter, it looks to remain unsettled and mild on the run-up to the Christmas Holiday, period. Indeed Louise Lear, on MeteoGroup's, Weather For The Week Ahead, gave us the depressing news from MeteoGroup's early Christmas musings. The Jet Stream looks like strengthening and losing it's undulating pattern.  She suggested that, "those hoping for a White Christmas may want to look out, Bing Crosby". :wallbash:

th?id=OIP.tM9dlYp5fMSm-l_aHApxSwAAAA&pid SAMMY SNOWMAN, is starting to get a little worried. Indeed, d2cba56fae06179e86bc54a1289c2621.jpg

Mum and Dad, SHARON and SOLOMON are contemplating locking SAMMY away inside

th?id=OIP.wKgmNPbX_dWNafEeAZM12gHaGh&pid 

FREDDIE FREEZER, for the Holiday period!! But there's a glimmer of hope from the 00z GFS (t300) - gfs-0-300.png?0

gfs-1-300.png?0?0

On the basis of that chart, a chance of a few snow showers, in the S.E. of our region. A more detailed update, after tomorrow's GFS 12Z (t264).

Still, way too early to be worrying about what weather we're likely to experience, in 12 days time.  :nonono:

Right, I'm off to lie down in a dark room and watch a little, th?id=OIP.bSEt_HeMttNAtZlPakqKJwHaH6&pidTERRY TELEVISION.

Regards,

Tommy.   :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It is lovely cold, crisp morning with weak sunshine.  The temperature is 2°C but feels more like - C.  The dew point is at 0 °C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Much colder this morning, lovely sun rise. Duvet coat out again.  Shame nothing snowy is forecast because it, for once, looks snowy out. was -0.9 in the garden.

Feel more festive seeing our village christmas tree lit up in the frost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Lauren said:

Oh wow! How come you're moving there?

Lovely thick layer of frost on everything this morning making the world look quite magical.

I’ve always wanted to try living in the Czech Republic, ever since my first visit in 1988 to see my grandparents again and meet loads of other family for the first time. I’ll be back in the UK 2-3 times a month for work. Prague was cold this morning with an icing sugar dusting of snow, lovely. Nice day here, sunny and chilly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Morning! 

Not much chance of snowfall in our region on Saturday, maybe the odd flake on top of the North Kent Downs, New Ash Green area etc but a majority of us seeing plain old cold rainfall! EURO4 hinting at a risk of snow snow flurries/grains in the extreme SE of the region tomorrow

794490738_Screenshot2018-12-13at09_36_32.thumb.png.29d3a93c52ac859cdaa4ce770198176f.png

But otherwise the risk rather low for a majority of us. 

Posted

Looks like a very unsettled wet spell coming up. Some appreciable needed rainfall totals too,from looking at the fax charts.

21mm only so far this month in the capital, 38% of normal. 

Certainly some proper weather over next week or so. No snow mind. Still plenty of time for that. 

Screenshot_20181213-115027.png

Posted

Off to Cyprus now after a picture-perfect cold and frosty morning in Surbiton. Cyprus is predicted to be wet and cloudy initially, 5-15 degrees. Quite used to that after the past couple of weeks... Safety briefing now, toodle-pip✈️

• Like 3