Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Steady moderate rain in Bexhill right now. Today has been drizzly and overcast, with large puddles around because of the heavy rain as of late. The high was around 11c today. The rain sounds convective on our conservatory roof, as large raindrops are interspersed with small ones.

Posted

A fairly wet start to December and very mild fairly normal stuff the London ens are quite aggressive with it turning much colder compared to now, nice and frosty weather isn’t far away on run up to Xmas great! 

C2097032-5E3A-4FD4-BFDE-56F2BEEBB2FD.thumb.gif.c110829ad18aeadcc25ee629f37fc8d1.gif

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Don't want frosty! want at least a few snow flurries. :(

Anyway clear and sunny today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

BBC Weather for East Anglia tomorrow:

"Showery rain will push eastwards tomorrow morning, with some heavy bursts of rain possible, perhaps with thunder."

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

I’m so bored of this dull wet grey weather. I swear to god the sun has packed its bags and headed of on holiday somewhere. I really can’t remember the last time I saw any type of descent sun.

ive been watching the mod thread and Im  hoping they’re right about the chance of colder days (with no rain, snow would be nice) I have to take my daughter to the Evelina children’s hospital on Tuesday for the night and I’m hoping the weather will be kind, I don’t want to drag a toddler and all our clothes across London in the rain. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Just having a smooch through the last 15 pages of the ‘hunt for cold’ thread.

I don’t know how they do it, excited/ depressed/excited/depressed/excited back to depressed back to excited over charts 10- 17 days away. 

Sod that, I couldn’t do it. 

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

In the reliable, just watched the countryfile week ahead forecast.

More Atlantic mild junk ahead with rain and temps well into double figures for the week ahead. 

Nick Miller hinted at the end, that quieter, colder weather could follow thereafter. Let’s hope so, no more rain needed here. Fields & ground saturated here. 

Edited by Ben Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Having thoroughly perused today's model runs and listened to all the expert opinion, I can confidently predict that, by December 13, the whole of SE England and East Anglia will be buried under 10-feet of drifting hyperbole...The run-up to Christmas, however, may see a return to somewhat less-hyperbolic conditions...Should this, likely short-lived change occur, hyperbole will become largely confined to northern hills and mountains...And the Hunt for Cold thread!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
7 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Having thoroughly perused today's model runs and listened to all the expert opinion, I can confidently predict that, by December 13, the whole of SE England and East Anglia will be buried under 10-feet of drifting hyperbole...The run-up to Christmas, however, may see a return to somewhat less-hyperbolic conditions...Should this, likely short-lived change occur, hyperbole will become largely confined to northern hills and mountains...And the Hunt for Cold thread!

Very droll Pete, or perhaps "Fantasy" Snow Chasing?? :oldgrin: Sorry to mention it mate but yesterday's North London Derby result, made my son and daughter, very happy "Gooners". :oops:

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

Just had a look at a recording of MeteoGroup's, "Weather for the Weekk ahead", with Stav Danaos.

Essentially, nothing much has changed re. the outlook for the new working week. Stav started by emphasing, it will be a very mixed week with temps. "flip-flopping" about and by the end of the week, a deep Low will turn it wet and windy.

Today, will see a spell of rain track across our region this morning. Looking at the latest radar returns, heaviest of which looks to be reserved for northern portions of our region. A cold front should eventually clear the rain and mild "murk" away eastwards but may take until late afternoon/early evening, to clear through the whole of our region. Max. temps. of 14c in the London area with quite a strong wind at times, perhaps especially in the south of our region. A ridge of High Pressure will then move in overnight with long clear spells, leading to a touch of frost. Tuesday could well be the best day of the week but fairly chilly, after that slight frost. Should be some decent sunny spells, with a max. temp. of around 9c. Wet and fairly windy weather looks to move in, overnight. Rain should eventually clear all the region, during the afternoon on Wednesday. Max. temps. back up to a mild 12c.

It's likely to turn more unsettled from Thursday, onwards. Thursday starts dry but a spell of rain will move in, later in the day. Max. temps up around a mild 13c but with fairly strong winds, accompanying the rain. On Friday, a deep Low moves in to the N.W. of the B.Isles. A period of rain/wind will sweep eastwards during the morning, clearing away eastwards during the afternoon. Max. temps still mild around 13c. As that deep Low moves away, it cools down a little and brightens up, for the weekend. High Pressure then looks to dominate as we move into the following week Light winds and sunny spells by day, with perhaps a touch of frost at night.

That's my interpretation of the extended outlook for our region, seen through the eyes of MeteoGroup.  

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

mild and rainy. To think if it gets cold it will be probably dry.

New tree and lights arriving today at 9:58 and 20 seconds. The tree skirt is on another van. 

A bit like the weather.

Posted

Could we get this lucky, so early!! A la. Dec.2010. The 00z GFS (Para), thinks so. Very reminiscent of my JAN 12th 1987, screensaver archive chart. but obviously 850's aren't that cold yet.Just a bit of fun, in case I get into trouble again!! 

gfs-0-216.png?0

gfs-1-216.png?0

JAN. 12th 1987

archives-1987-1-12-12-0.png

Remember, just a bit of fun!!

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
4 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Could we get this lucky, so early!! A la. Dec.2010. The 00z GFS (Para), thinks so. Very reminiscent of my JAN 12th 1987, screensaver archive chart. but obviously 850's aren't that cold yet.Just a bit of fun, in case I get into trouble again!! 

gfs-0-216.png?0

gfs-1-216.png?0

JAN. 12th 1987

archives-1987-1-12-12-0.png

Remember, just a bit of fun!!

Regards,

Tom.

Ah yes, the infamous 1987, never know Tom,  we could get lucky, it will be a close a call 50/50 chance right now I'd say to something close to that, uppers wont be as cold as 1987 of course but could turn into the best run up to Christmas in a long time. 2010 and 1981 spring to mind when I think of snow and cold weather in the run up the the big day, I have fond memories of 1981 in particular as being very, very cold and there were three or four snow events that hit the London area, the first lot was not even forecast, Francis was talking about rain and just the odd flake mixed in, it was -3c in Greenwich by Lunchtime.

Very mild again today, got caught outside earlier by one of the hefty showers that are over the London area, was like a mini monsoon!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

Some evidence of wet snow here in the Surrey Hills this evening!! Not a lot, but a little....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very showery here today, the ground is sodden. Felt mild but has cooled off a little this evening. Meanwhile, this is the scene in Akureyri, Iceland, apparently...

2E059741-5FAE-46C0-BA2C-CF32DFD074D0.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Very showery here today, the ground is sodden. Felt mild but has cooled off a little this evening. Meanwhile, this is the scene in Akureyri, Iceland, apparently...

Imagine that on Christmas Day!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
4 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Right that’s it, do sleazy jet fly to Reykjavik? Looks like a right ol’ freeze ? up!! I can’t imagine it’ll ever be like that here on the ‘sunshine coast’! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, as28 said:

Imagine that on Christmas Day!

We might get lucky, this is the ECM 12z thats just come out @T192, thats next Tuesday so not out completely in La La land.:yahoo::cold::clap:

ECE1-192.png

ECM0-192.gif

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, bluebell said:

Right that’s it, do sleazy jet fly to Reykjavik? Looks like a right ol’ freeze ? up!! I can’t imagine it’ll ever be like that here on the ‘sunshine coast’! 

You better get your skates on, lots more snow to come this week in Iceland.;)

gfs-2-18.png

gfs-2-24.png

gfs-2-24.png

gfs-2-90.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
1 hour ago, snowray said:

You better get your skates on, lots more snow to come this week in Iceland.

gfs-2-18.png

gfs-2-24.png

gfs-2-24.png

gfs-2-90.png

I’ve looked everywhere for them to no avail! oh well I’ll hold out for the blizzard due here next week.....!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

How about this for next Wednesday from ECMWF, snow streamers, just for fun of course ...

ECMWF_204_GB_SFC_fr-FR_fr.png

• Like 4

Posted
30 minutes ago, Nick F said:

How about this for next Wednesday from ECMWF, snow streamers, just for fun of course ...

ECMWF_204_GB_SFC_fr-FR_fr.png

Do I see the old fabled Thames Streamer getting it's act together there Nick?:oldrolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
On 01/12/2018 at 20:48, snowray said:

God knows...I arrived at Charing Cross this afternoon at 2.45pm and it was chucking it down with rain, the radar showed one small pin prick of PPN over London and that was it, raining all the way up to Leicester Square and China Town when nothing was forecast for this afternoon. Sometimes I simple cannot believe my luck!!!!:nonono:

Did you see a peeking duck in the window