Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

so it looks like we will have to wait until smarch for winter again. Winter in spring, spring in autumn summer in spring, the world has gone nuts

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

so it looks like we will have to wait until smarch for winter again. Winter in spring, spring in autumn summer in spring, the world has gone nuts

Roll on Smarch!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
1 hour ago, Essex Easterly. said:

Did the cat supplies eventually arrive? 

yep. some christmas things for sooty, food and all important cat litter.

My new cosy lined black boots have arrived just in time to jinx the forecast.

Phooey.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Is that Pet supermarket by any chance, they used to be very good?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

November and March are our new Winter months for sloppy snow slush and drizzly sillet.....yuk!:olddoh:

Edited by snowray
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

I think Smarch is far more a fitting portmanteau given the snowly March we had.

I'm moving in March...which should be...interesting...

Today was nice, needed the sun after days of gloom, few outdoor jobs done!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

A very wet couple of days coming up. Some heavy rain crossing our region, late tomorrow morning/lunchtime.

gfs-2-24.png?12?12

A repeat performance on Sunday morning.

gfs-2-42.png?12?12

Yet more heavy rain crossing our region, overnight Sunday into Monday morning.

gfs-2-60.png?12?12

Would expect some localised flooding issues, come Monday morning.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
7 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Would expect some localised flooding issues, come Monday morning.

I think you're looking at total accumulation charts there, Tom.

20 - 25mm showing up for most of the South over the next 60 hours, on the GFS.

accprecip_20181130_12_060.thumb.jpg.62c1efac19bf6704f024b9793dbf9cac.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Was going to ask what happened to 'his' finger and on checking on the spelling of his name, came across this: well in the absence of any decent weather lol 

Image result for bbc weatherman tomasz schafernaker artwe

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
8 hours ago, scrat said:

Was going to ask what happened to 'his' finger and on checking on the spelling of his name, came across this: well in the absence of any decent weather lol 

Image result for bbc weatherman tomasz schafernaker artwe

Has choppy knackers been photoshopped

• Like 1

Posted

Pinch, punch, I'll give you a splinter. Welcome to the first day of Winter. And as for December, let's hope it's one to remember. The first month of the season, memorable for the right reason!!

Enough of my shambolic poetry. Wordsworth, I'm not!! :nonono:

The season is certainly getting off to a very disturbed start. Up early to have breakfast my wife before she starts a 12 hour shift today. Same again tomorrow, she's really making an effort to "bring home the bacon".

Tom Schafernaker on duty again for MeteoGroup's W.F.T.W.A., forecast. Tom started by saying, first day of Meteorological Winter, will be more akin to Autumn. Still on the mild side, for us in the south but with a spell of wind and rain. This morning's rain starting to envelop our region, as I type. The rain will be quite heavy for a time but should clear away by mid-afternoon, with skies brightening. Max. temps around 14c, for the London area. 

Saturday night into Sunday, a repeat performance as another weather system moves in off the Atlantic. This rain should move through pretty quickly, though. Max. temps around 15c, on Sunday. He did suggest exact timing of these systems is a little difficult.

On into next week, it's still looking very changeable. More wind and rain likely, as a succession of low pressure systems, form in the eastern Atlantic and sweep across the country. As winds will be mainly from the W. or S.W., remaining mild as opposed to our Northern neighbours, who will be in colder air at times. Monday, another spell of rain moves through with a max. temp. of around 13c. A transient ridge of High Pressure should ensure a fine day for our region on Tuesday, max.temps by then down to 9c. Another spell of wind and rain for midweek, as another low pressure system moves across the country. A little milder again for our region, max. temps. around 10c.  Then more wind and rain likely for Thursday, as yet another area of low pressure, spills across the country. 

Tom finished by saying that although the season has changed, it's still looking very Autumnal next week. He did suggest that there is a hint that the flow could turn to the north by next weekend, turning things colder with the mild air, being pushed away southwards. He did stress that's a long way off though and there's a lot of uncertainty, in that scenario. But the overall message is one of, spells of mild, windy and rainy weather, interspersed with drier, sunnier interludes. Just a hint that the weather may settle down for a short while, next weekend.

That's my interpretation of the extended outlook, according to MeteoGroup, for our region.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 3

Posted
8 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Hi Tom, tonight is actually a little bit more than just normal rain like this morning.. There is a chance of some lightning too.. .Going to look at the high res in detail later

Yes Luke, could be quite lively. Some of the ppn on Tom's chart, looked like convective "blobs". The forecast rain has duly arrived now, here in S.E.London. Sounds quite steady.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Has choppy knackers been photoshopped

Nope he slimmed down a few years ago and is rather buff underneath ! 

Edited by Badgers01
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

The weather this morning is wild, mild, wet and windy.

• Like 1

Posted
16 hours ago, snowray said:

Is that Pet supermarket by any chance, they used to be very good?

Pets at home. The guy who delivers we know quite well was just really busy in one spot.

• Thanks 1

Some quite strong gusts of wind here now the main rain has cleared through.. Although not as windy as we have had this week... 

Tonight's rain looks quite dynamic and heavy in places maybe m4 corridor into London.. Quite hard to tell because difference in high RES is quite big.. 

Some risk of embbed convection but not sure how good the ingredients are.. 

• Like 1

Posted

The moment you put 'The greatest showman' on for the first time and your daughter is singing along and knows the words.

In other news the weather is still the same. It isn't crimbo it's groundhog day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Absolute bilge like outside, prays to the Gods winter won't continue this way...certainly will need the Vitamin D top up if it does.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

It's been a thoroughly vile and depressing start to December here in St Leonards on Sea.

Winds gusting to 30 odd mph driving the incessant rain and drizzle sideways all day long and so dark all day I needed the outside lights on, never mind the indoor ones. I despise this kind of weather.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

I'm going to London tomorrow so does anyone know the risk of catching the odd shower/thunderstorm there?

Posted

God knows...I arrived at Charing Cross this afternoon at 2.45pm and it was chucking it down with rain, the radar showed one small pin prick of PPN over London and that was it, raining all the way up to Leicester Square and China Town when nothing was forecast for this afternoon. Sometimes I simple cannot believe my luck!!!!:nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
1 hour ago, SenlacJack said:

It's been a thoroughly vile and depressing start to December here in St Leonards on Sea.

Winds gusting to 30 odd mph driving the incessant rain and drizzle sideways all day long and so dark all day I needed the outside lights on, never mind the indoor ones. I despise this kind of weather.

Glad I missed it! Not so bad up around north beds, visiting my folks up there for the weekend, a bit grey and misley but not a lot of wind! I can’t wait for sun and frost to return, Friday was a welcome break from the grey! Still happy Advent things can only improve weather wise. 

• Like 1