Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Just looked in the MOD thread, winter is pretty much over in there lol. No easterly, no northerly, instead south westerlies. OFI 2 everyone in the MOD thread 0

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted

Very frosty morning here in Coulsdon.  -4.8c when I left the house and some slippery paths on way to station . So take it easy if your setting out. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The temp was down to -2C and my garden was sparkling with frost when I went to bed last evening. But the minimum here was reached around midnight before cloud rolled in and this morning it's +3C. Here's some analysis by Weatherquest:

EAST: It's the coldest night in the region since 1st March, with Woburn (Beds) leading the way at -5.5C, followed by Writtle -4.3C and Santon Downham -3.7C. Cloud has lifted temperatures across the east of the region now, so less scraping here compared to farther west. 6am temps:

821503148_Temps22Nov06_00.thumb.jpg.f55dcb18b6e99326297335ca2780978f.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/danholley_/status/1065494801129328643

Edit: Final score board for the East:

2101198430_Temps22NovFinal.thumb.jpg.b80c4dc479f8f783f5344af86e4bc0b6.jpg

Edited by Blessed Weather
Added final score board
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

3c here this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

-3 in our garden, cloudy but frosty. My duvet coat had it's first, early outing. 

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely walk through St James' Park this morning. Plenty of frost which developed early last night when I was out walking the doggy. currently 4 degrees here in St James's

Posted

1c and raining.

yes. Well done Bedford.

Posted

Boring cold day in the capital 4.2c.

Hope the Atlantic breaks through next week and livens things up. Stuck in no man's land weather is tedious. 

Hopefully wet and wild from mid next week, but who knows!? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Everything was white from frost here this morning, very pretty. It was also sunny but now a layer of cloud has moved over, unfortunately. Feeling chilly at 5C with little wind. The temperature dropped to -7C last night in parts of Oxfordshire, according to Mr Schafernaker on the BBC, brrr.

Looking more unsettled next week with Atlantic systems giving a period of wind and rain (hopefully short-lived) but the GFS 06z hints at some northerly outbreaks later, could see something wintry ? 

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Got that frost at last - nice and crisp taking the dog for a walk last night, unfortunately didn't see any white stuff on the lawn this morning (haven't experienced once this autumn)...and it was just damp dull and miserable!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Very cold night and morning here too, first proper frost. No snow or sleet to report though this week, saw a few flakes Tuesday evening mixed in with the rain on my way to the pub but then when the heavy PPN was due at around 10pm I ended up under a big hole in the PPN, typical. And the Met Office even had the heavy snow symbol up for Bexley at 10pm. And to think that it even snowed on the Isle of White.

• Like 1

Posted

Quite dark it was for 3pm, misty, cloudy a bit of drizzle but no wind. My outfit must of been on point as I didn't feel cold at all. 

Came home to cosy pj and coffee and another round of Hotel Transylvania 3.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Stunning cold crisp November day today. Temps didn’t get above 3c all day which is where their sitting right now on drive home from work. 

If winter doesn’t deliver sunny-cold or snowy days, today was the next best thing in my opinion. 

Anything other than mild wet Atlantic rubbish. 

Met office not showing rain on my patch until next Wednesday which is only drizzle 

Some good useable days ahead for outdoor fitness

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Only fell to -0.3 this morning on my weather station here in Locksbottom which seemed odd as thought it would be colder than that.Max here was 6.5 but felt colder than that.Think temps over next week will be between 6-10 degrees but sun in short supply sadly so no or little frost either.Not a lover of dull dank days like today!!