Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
2 minutes ago, abruzzi spur said:

Bizarre comment.  December 2010, anyone?  Streamers galore producing snow.  

The big snows in the SE started in late November 2010 I recall, snowed last November too in a northerly, albeit didn’t settle for long. Although November snow less common than later in winter, still happens.

• Like 2

Posted
On 19/11/2018 at 13:28, snowray said:

Hi Lauren. It's Albareto, an area famous for porcini mushrooms, not far from Parma so the food is pretty good, Parma hams, Parmigiano cheese all from that area. People generally go mad about the mushrooms though around there, when they are growing they come from all over the place for the mushroom hunt and there are often traffic jams up the mountain roads and tracks. Local mushroom festivals in the early autumn are worth visiting so you get to try out all the local recipes and the old vino of course.

proxy.duckduckgo-2.jpg

proxy.duckduckgo-1.jpg

proxy.duckduckgo.jpg

Just wondering what you think your mushrooms photos are of? Get it wrong you might be dead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Here is the Dutch radar, set on Sneeuw.

https://www.buienradar.nl/

Forecasting some Sneeuw for the N.Downs, south of London, by the looks of it.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow all the way
33 minutes ago, Nick F said:

The big snows in the SE started in late November 2010 I recall, snowed last November too in a northerly, albeit didn’t settle for long. Although November snow less common than later in winter, still happens.

November 30th around 9pm 2010  the snow started in Medway. Stuck in my brain as we just moved to new house! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
42 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Just wondering what you think your mushrooms photos are of? Get it wrong you might be dead.

People have poisoned themselves and died alright picking the wrong ones, someone I know died, her husband fed some mushrooms to his wife and grandson, they were poisonous- Amanita Phalloides, heavy rain had washed away the color of the cap so I was told so a genuine mistake. You sure got to know what your doing with mushrooms.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Here is the Meteox radar, set on snow. Some sleet(blue) and snow(pink), showing up over Holland. A couple of pink blobs showing over N.France and Germany, too

https://en.meteox.com/en-GB/?fc=0&imagetype=radareuropasneeuwwsg84

Regards,

Tom:hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Well I never, sleet and wet snow here

• Like 4

Posted

It's dry in Reigate.  Or, possibly, wry in Drygate.

Cold though, 1.9c, DP steady at 1.4c.  Light breeze stuck on a NE setting.  Wondering if my early morning departure tomorrow up and over Reigate Hill (230m) will reveal anything interesting.  I am of course talking about the weather.  What goes on in that car park (allegedly) is nothing to do with me.

• Like 1

Posted
26 minutes ago, snowray said:

People have poisoned themselves and died alright picking the wrong ones, someone I know died, her husband fed some mushrooms to his wife and grandson, they were poisonous- Amanita Phalloides, heavy rain had washed away the color of the cap so I was told so a genuine mistake. You sure got to know what your doing with mushrooms.

The Death Cap has an appropriate common name. 

23 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Well I never, sleet and wet snow here

So winter just gone I went up the green in my car.. Egham town.. Wet snow not settling... Get to the green and park up outside the old Barley mow pub.. It started snowing.. settling too I could not believe it.. Literally go back down the hill towards the little roundabout towards old Windsor past the school no snow.. not setteling.. So crazy!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

On and off sleet type stuff here, maybe later?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
11 minutes ago, Surrey said:

So winter just gone I went up the green in my car.. Egham town.. Wet snow not settling... Get to the green and park up outside the old Barley mow pub.. It started snowing.. settling too I could not believe it.. Literally go back down the hill towards the little roundabout towards old Windsor past the school no snow.. not setteling.. So crazy!

It sometimes happens here. It’s not a massive hill but in marginal situations, it can make a difference

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
6 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

On and off sleet type stuff here, maybe later?

Fingers crossed, I’m off to summerfields for netball training now , hoping to catch some snowy stuff as I go up along The Ridge and down into st Leonard’s, if there is snow anywhere it’ll be up there! ❄️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
4 minutes ago, bluebell said:

Fingers crossed, I’m off to summerfields for netball training now , hoping to catch some snowy stuff as I go up along The Ridge and down into st Leonard’s, if there is snow anywhere it’ll be up there! ❄️

You'll be near me on the ridge lol

Hi sweet peeps 

hey how is everyone Hope you are all good. It's that time again and the wait has started and I am sure we will have some good and memorable pictures to cherish this winter. 

I have just got home in Walthamstow from Milton Keynes and it is pouring with rain here. I must admit I was watching the lamp posts while I was walking to see if there is any sign of the white stuff but nothing yet. Although the phone app is showing snow symbol from 10pm till 12pm ( something I would not put any accuracy on) but we shall see. 

Hasent time flown since our beast from the east. Glad to be back and to see all the regular posters on here. 

Wishing you all a lovely evening with fingers crossed for later the first lamppost watch of the season.

kind regards 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
19 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

You'll be near me on the ridge lol

Im up the rd a bit in northiam

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

:help:Met office now showing sleet and snow widely in the SE from 21.00-24.00, best place, around Sevenoaks which shows heavy snow (not sleet). Even places like Woolwich in SE London showing heavy sleet.:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
4 hours ago, Nick F said:

Nothing to do with being a few weeks too early, more to do with the airmass not quite cold enough to produce snow to lower levels. On this date in the morning of November 1985 there was 2-5cm of snow across parts Kent and East Sussex, the easterly back then contained deeper cold though -10C at 850mb and below across the SE.

Been snowing in Paris this morning, so warming over the seasonally warm English Channel and North Sea SSTs not helping too.

Cheers,should have said the reason why I wished it was a few weeks later,so that things could have cooled off a bit more lol