Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Still waiting for my 1st frost of the Autumn...never mind 'hunting' for snow!

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, snowray said:

Met office site have Kenley down at 2c @ 12 noon, coldest place in the UK, so the colder air must be moving up a bit now, what with the heavy PPN and some evap cooling, surely your going to get some of the white stuff soon Steve even if it don't settle.

Im at marble Arch ATM itching to get home !!

4 hours to go!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
11 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Anyone hoping for proper cold and snow this month look out of luck if the BBC forecast is anything to go by. They are expecting a deep low in the Atlantic to eventually push the blocking high away and bring wet and windy, mild weather as we approach December. October Fog Index 1 Weather models 0

Lol - I had fog twice in October. Oops...

• Like 1

Posted

Had to clear a bit of slushy snow off the windscreen this morning. Am at work in London but my Netatmo at home is showing 2.4c, and the CCTV is showing sleety bits. I am also looking forward to this evening.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Showers now beefing-up (last one left a temporary slight covering of graupel) and temperature down to 3.4...things are heading in the right direction...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Just got back from spending all morning in Brr,Bromley. What a thoroughly wet, miserable and raw day. Wife had an Optician's appt. She's had a very painful eye during the last few days and the cold has made it worst. Both Colette and myself are Bromley through and through. Born, educated and lived in the Borough most of our lives, only in the last few years have we moved to the Borough of Lewisham.

Felt sure Scrat would've been on, reporting some of the white stuff at Biggin Hill. Biggin is Bromley's Alpe D'Huez or  for Lauren and Snowray, Cortina D'Ampezzo!! :oldgrin: If anywhere has the white stuff in the Borough, it's Biggin, snow capital of Bromley!!

Also can't help thinking, if this had been a few weeks further down the line, Bromley would've looked a very snowy place, this morning.

Regards,

Tom. :hi::cold:

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Rain/drizzle has become slightly icier... Will use my digital thermometer when I get home.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
4 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

If only it was colder. Cold, wet and miserable instead.

Came here to say that exact same thing, it’s utterly horrible out there!

Posted

I have tried not to join the snow rollercoaster this year, but reading about the potential of possible falling snow (even if it doesn't settle) later this evening, I've decided to buckle up and join the ride   ❄️☃️

• Like 2

Posted

Temperature has been edging down in Reigate.  Currently 2.4c with a dewpoint of 1.7c.  Light rain on and off so far today.  Bleak.

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Came here to say that exact same thing, it’s utterly horrible out there!

I dare to imagine how much snow I could’ve had south of river would have been buried. :oldsorry:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)
25 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Just got back from spending all morning in Brr,Bromley. What a thoroughly wet, miserable and raw day. Wife had an Optician's appt. She's had a very painful eye during the last few days and the cold has made it worst. Both Colette and myself are Bromley through and through. Born, educated and lived in the Borough most of our lives, only in the last few years have we moved to the Borough of Lewisham.

Felt sure Scrat would've been on, reporting some of the white stuff at Biggin Hill. Biggin is Bromley's Alpe D'Huez or  for Lauren and Snowray, Cortina D'Ampezzo!! :oldgrin: If anywhere has the white stuff in the Borough, it's Biggin, snow capital of Bromley!!

Also can't help thinking, if this had been a few weeks further down the line, Bromley would've looked a very snowy place, this morning.

Regards,

Tom. :hi::cold:

Sorry to hear about your wife's eye, I hope they were able to help.

I'm stuck at work in Bromley argghhhh and having an extremely busy day (typically!).  Had no reports of any of the white stuff in Biggin, although hopeful for a little later, although not until I am home safe and sound.  Been caught out too many times trying to get back home from Bromley, slip sliding down Stock Hill (never chanced Salt Box in the snow) or having to abandon the car lol!  I realise that the chance of this today/tomorrow is incredibly slim....but never say never .  Have a great day everyone x

• Like 2

Posted
32 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

I dare to imagine how much snow I could’ve had south of river would have been buried. 

Probably not that much if it had been snow to be honest. 

There's been about 3mm of rain in S Londonsince last night which would equate to about 2 inches of snow. Precipitation has been quite moderate so far. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

If only it were a few degrees colder...

Posted
2 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Probably not that much if it had been snow to be honest. 

There's been about 3mm of rain in S Londonsince last night which would equate to about 2 inches of snow. Precipitation has been quite moderate so far. 

Last 24 hours 18mm in my patch a good foot. 

FD431B48-7419-45CC-A0DF-99368F1E92B5.thumb.png.eb8917f80d6cc975c3623867a81ece71.pngA97056CE-6C2C-43BF-BABA-027BCD4C8AFD.thumb.png.270af181cdf1406340461116dd69cccd.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

I dare to imagine how much snow I could’ve had south of river would have been buried. :oldsorry:

Yes its a great shame, 20th Nov just a bit too early we need a northery ideally in mid November, I'm thinking 6cm-12cm widely by now if this had turned up in about 2-3 weeks time. Went shopping just now and theres lots of standing water, couldn't even park where I normally go because its like a big lake there. Was torrential rain with ice pellets mixed in at about 1.30pm, so close I thought and yet so far away, man in the shop said he had a covering of icy slush where he lives out on a hill in Kent this morning, I thought lucky you.

Anyway currently 2c widely South/ SE of London lets see what happens later, although I'm not expecting much.

Edited by snowray
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

0 to -1C dew points creeping in across East Kent from the near continent now

pointrosee_uk.thumb.png.aebd4e898bd5915f3d05e807623b626a.png

Temperatures 2-4C

temp_uk.thumb.png.c8f2e69e5f443d144a1f0fefcc2cc8ec.png

Better than my expectations for some wintriness tonight even at lower elevations, though Downs, High Weald and Chilterns favoured for snowfall

• Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yes its a great shame, 20th Nov just a bit too early we need a northery ideally in mid November, I'm thinking 6cm-12cm widely by now if this had turned up in about 2-3 weeks time. Went shopping just now and theres lots of standing water, couldn't even park where I normally go because its like a big lake there. Was torrential rain with ice pellets mixed in at about 1.30pm, so close I thought and yet so far away, man in the shop said he had a covering of icy slush where he lives out on a hill in Kent this morning, I thought lucky you.

Anyway currently 2c widely South/ SE of London lets see what happens later, although I'm not expecting much.

A Scotsman wouldn’t bat an eyelid. Captures how perilous the snow chase is in low-lying SE London. :crazy:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Such a shame this set up wasnt a few weeks later,had hail last night,and its been a sleety,graupel,rain mixture all day

• Like 2