Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted

Not barrel scraping, just interested as it’s a good end to autumn...

Woken to see a streamer has popped up in the last few hours and what’s coming out of it is snow mixed into in the heavier bursts which I wasn’t expecting. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Very wet this morning and my weather station battery has died. Typical. Up on the roof I go.... Maybe later! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
16 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Hi Lottie,

Well done. East Kent Downs, coming up trumps!! Should imagine there's a bit of snow at Capel-le-Ferne, too. My fav, snow chasing location. :cold:

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

very dull, cold and light rainy. A way hey hey. November weather. 

Nice to see some had a bit of white stuff. Been testing out my new Birthday jumper stuffs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

So much rain has fallen this morning, that local surface water flooding has occured... Really makes me wonder how much snow we may have had by now via this streamer, if conditions were just that little  bit more favorable...

• Like 3

Posted

Can confirm it’s 3oC at blue bell hill at 610ft ASL and it’s all rain 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

very small pieces of ice mixing in to the rain now. Temperature around 4c.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, LightningLover said:

So much rain has fallen this morning, that local surface water flooding has occured... Really makes me wonder how much snow we may have had by now via this streamer, if conditions were just that little  bit more favorable...

Yes it's a pity that this turned up so early again, even in 2010 it was right at the end of November and the first couple of days of December and we were very lucky that time to get such cold on an easterly early doors. 

More organised PPN moving in now towards the London area, temps of 3c around Kent, so close but its only 20th of November. Shame.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Noticed its snowing in Paris this morning, can some of that move up towards us later I wonder?:oldrolleyes:

Posted
2 hours ago, LightningLover said:

Unfortunately sods laws dictates that if conditions had been favourable for lowland snow, the flow would not have aligned this perfectly for this long to allow the streamers to form....

• Like 2

Posted

2oC and sleety here. It’s trying bless it 

• Like 1

Posted

This streamer is better than anyone we has from the beast from the east, would have a deep covering by now if it was only a few degrees lower.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Just for fun I've shamelessly picked the best charts from across the High Res models to produce a forecast suggesting snow for the high ground of Kent, Sussex and Surrey for around 22.00 - 23.00 this coming evening. What do you mean that's cheating....

Arpege 2m temp and Hirlam DP not far off 0C 1176338337_Arpege2mtempTues20Nov23_00.thumb.png.0be2999761fca85a15f97499f58a5b4a.png1431217421_HirlamDPTues20Nov23_00.thumb.png.05a3759c5db1f0fc8949817030ba3a26.png

Hirlam 850 temps -6C 1220637973_Hirlam850tempTues20Nov22_00.thumb.png.f47d6c3d0bc162647d7ee582033e2693.png

Bingo! NMM has it snowing... 762834376_NMMPrecipTue20Nov23_00.thumb.png.982299b18f566431cf51c378b70a9da0.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Bit too ‘warm’ for snow here, maybe a bit of sleetiness later? Feeling decidedly chilly at just 4C with rain showers and windy. It’s snowing in Paris, apparently. Must be a bit colder there?

Posted
24 minutes ago, snowking said:

Unfortunately sods laws dictates that if conditions had been favourable for lowland snow, the flow would not have aligned this perfectly for this long to allow the streamers to form....

Yes indeed, it's old sods law that alright, if I ever find that old sod he's going to be in big trouble!   What are the odds that in the next decent set up the showers will be all down the north sea just clipping the east coast, as per usual.

Edited by snowray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Temperature now down to only 4.1C and the graupel-content of the sleet showers is increasing...:cold:

Posted
9 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

deffo expecting snow at home this eve!

probs around 3c At the mo on the tops 

WK probs 2.5c

Met office site have Kenley down at 2c @ 12 noon, coldest place in the UK, so the colder air must be moving up a bit now, what with the heavy PPN and some evap cooling, surely your going to get some of the white stuff soon Steve even if it don't settle.