Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
2 hours ago, Katrine Basso said:

Here is the video of the meteor shower.

that is quite something - but to my untrained eye looks like a high altitude plane !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather
23 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

that is quite something - but to my untrained eye looks like a high altitude plane !!

There were several of them that were appearing and disappearing around the same time and same location as yesterday.  I could not hold my phone long enough and the second one had me complaining about the pain in my wrist. The last time I saw anything like this was when I was living in Ashington in Northumberland in the mid 90's.

Edited by Katrine Basso
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

The temperature isn't too bad. It's the icy wind that's nasty. Standing here freezing to death watching him play football 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Well, the easterly has arrived if it isn't going to bring snow, but bring us days of gloom and drizzle instead, then it can get lost, no point in freezing your knackers off for drizzle and cloud.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
8 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Well, the easterly has arrived if it isn't going to bring snow, but bring us days of gloom and drizzle instead, then it can get lost, no point in freezing your knackers off for drizzle and cloud.

Thats horrible freezing knackers Lass, couldn't agree more.:cold:

Lovely and sunny here though today, thats a plus..I was hoping for at least some sleet next week though.:oldrolleyes:

Edited by snowray
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, snowray said:

Thats horrible freezing knackers Lass, couldn't agree more.:cold:

Lovely and sunny here though today, thats a plus..I was hoping for at least some sleet next week though.:oldrolleyes:

yes i would take sleet over drivel too

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
38 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

yes i would take sleet over drivel too

Just don't get your knackers in a twist Lass that could be really painful, I mean its only mid November, the best is still to come. You might see some sleet up the top of a hill, Harrow on the Hill for example, is that near you? Not sure how high up it is though. All is not lost yet, GFS (p) still showing a hint of something wintry around.☺️ 

63-574PUK.gif

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, snowray said:

Just don't get your knackers in a twist Lass that could be really painful, I mean its only mid November, the best is still to come. You might see some sleet up the top of a hill, Harrow on the Hill for example, is that near you? Not sure how high up it is though. All is not lost yet, GFS (p) still showing a hint of something wintry around.☺️ 

63-574PUK.gif

I think it's two meters above sea level

• Thanks 1

Posted
7 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

Yes and they were all over the place here this afternoon, lost count of how many I saw, also 3 or 4 stationary ones, or moving very slowly.

OMG in fact it was like War of the Worlds, the martians are coming I thought to myself...Or flying goats....Or chemtrails, what ever they are meant to be spraying....mmmm

Here are a few pics I took.

20181118_140029.jpg

20181118_135448.jpg

20181118_140208.jpg

20181118_140050.jpg

Posted
4 hours ago, lassie23 said:

I think it's two meters above sea level

Two meters of snow sounds more like it.....One day, we can wish....;)

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Steve Murr said:

Temps beginning to slide away now-

4.6c here & feeling very chilly !

Do you think we might get some of the white stuff Steve this Tues/Weds? Maybe on the hills, sleet even?

ICON upgrades again, -8c uppers close by there at T48.

icon-1-48.png

Edited by snowray
  • Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Yes 100/150M upwards !

Wicked!:yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Yes just 230M 1 mile away from here

Im 150M

I need to move somewhere further up a hill, makes a big difference that sort of altitude, particularly in theSE in marginal events.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
1 minute ago, snowray said:

I need to move somewhere further up a hill, makes a big difference that sort of altitude, particularly in theSE in marginal events.

Agreed, same here, less than 4 miles from the coast and only 52asl just won’t cut it..! Still on the bright side at least it should be cold enough to justify lighting the wood burner on a rare evening I’m actually at home!! TBh I’m so desperate for snow I may have to head up to the highlands to find some, or the alps which funnily enough is nearer than north of Scotland! 

• Like 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, bluebell said:

Agreed, same here, less than 4 miles from the coast and only 52asl just won’t cut it..! Still on the bright side at least it should be cold enough to justify lighting the wood burner on a rare evening I’m actually at home!! TBh I’m so desperate for snow I may have to head up to the highlands to find some, or the alps which funnily enough is nearer than north of Scotland! 

It's going to snow tomorrow where I have my house in NW Italy at 600m asl, but thats been downgraded a lot today from about 30cm to under 10cm, funny old place, often misses out on the really heavy stuff but still good fun to get 30com-50cm of snow falling over night from time to time. Got the good old wood burners over there, lovely stuff.

There's an old barn that I wanted to covert in a great position and good views, big openings to put in large glass windows and watch the snow come down while the fire is roaring, problem is that the property market is pretty well bust around there so the money you would have to spend you would never get back if you had to sell up.

Pity we didn't get this current easterly in 2 or 3 weeks time, probably would have been mainly snow just in time for Christmas too.

Edited by snowray
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
5 minutes ago, snowray said:

It's going to snow tomorrow where I have my house in NW Italy at 600m asl, but thats been downgraded a lot today from about 30cm to under 10cm, funny old place, often misses out on the really heavy stuff but still good fun to get 30com-50cm of snow falling over night from time to time. Got the good old wood burners over there, lovely stuff.

There's an old barn that I wanted to covert in a great position and good views, big openings to put in large glass windows and watch the snow come down while the fire is roaring, problem is that the property market is pretty well bust around there so the money you would have to spend you would never get back if you had to sell up.

Pity we didn't get this current easterly in 2 or 3 weeks time, probably would have been mainly snow just in time for Christmas too.

Wow, that’s sounds amazing right up my street, a roaring fire with a view of snow sparkly beautiful scenery.  I am a bit familiar with the Cortina in the Dolomites ( walking/ via Ferrata/ climbing in the summer), and went to the Aosta Valley in the Italian Alps years ago  when I was at uni! If I had the cash I would’ve snapped up your ‘wish i could’ converted barn in a heart beat, sadly my NHS wage doesn’t quite cover it. Though I won’t complain the NHS is a good employer decent wage, good holiday, sick pay and pension! 

Weather wise- It’s clear sky, 5.6 degrees. 

• Like 3

Posted
36 minutes ago, bluebell said:

Wow, that’s sounds amazing right up my street, a roaring fire with a view of snow sparkly beautiful scenery.  I am a bit familiar with the Cortina in the Dolomites ( walking/ via Ferrata/ climbing in the summer), and went to the Aosta Valley in the Italian Alps years ago  when I was at uni! If I had the cash I would’ve snapped up your ‘wish i could’ converted barn in a heart beat, sadly my NHS wage doesn’t quite cover it. Though I won’t complain the NHS is a good employer decent wage, good holiday, sick pay and pension! 

Weather wise- It’s clear sky, 5.6 degrees. 

Yes it is lovely over there, but very expensive to do anything, and the taxes, well I won't talk about the taxes or I will go on all night long. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Soooo will this place be buzzing in here come Tuesday night or will be all be listening to the rain outside and imagining what it could have been had it been 1mth later?! Lol, who knows but the Winter season has well and truly started with a bang this year!!

Posted
2 hours ago, weathergeek said:

Soooo will this place be buzzing in here come Tuesday night or will be all be listening to the rain outside and imagining what it could have been had it been 1mth later?! Lol, who knows but the Winter season has well and truly started with a bang this year!!

i predict a riot 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Up early again to take medication. Woke early, just after 2 AM, to what I thought was the pitter patter of raindrops but may just have been the rustling of leaves, due to a strengthening wind. Really nice to hear that east wind moaning around the house this morning, like being called out to, by an old friend!!

Have already digested my breakfast and a recording of WFTWA, with Nick Miller. Today sees that east wind continue to strengthen and blowing a few showers across the area. Max. temps., continue to lower, perhaps down to 10/11c in the London area. "Windchill" was mentioned a few times, during the forecast and it will certainly feel much colder, than of late but balanced out by some decent sunny spells, with some cloud being blown in from the N.Sea. Tonight continues in much the same vein, perhaps a few more showers but too much of a wind for any frost, Min. temps around 5c/6c. Temps not rising too much on Tuesday, which now looks to be the coldest day of the week. Still the possibility of a few showers around our region, with just a slight chance of a bit of wintriness, over our highest hilltops. The flow then starts to turn towards the SE, so temps. creeping back up a notch again. Perhaps a spell of more general rain on Wednesday. The recovering temperature trend continues for the rest of the week, into the weekend, as the flow becomes more southerly, with perhaps some rain trying to edge up from the S.W. So milder than midweek, with temps back up to 10/11c. by the end of the week and with winds falling lighter, it will certainly feel less cold. Thereafter,  Nick did comment that there would then be a battle developing between low pressure and associated milder air, trying to move up from the S.W, against colder air trying to move south, associated with a high over Greenland. 

That's my interpretation of how MeteoGroup  views the weather for our region, for the week ahead.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
9 hours ago, snowray said:

Ooohhhh. Whereabouts exactly? I love that part of the world. Log burner in the mountains with the snow sounds idyllic. 

• Like 1