Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

This murky mild weather really feels like an old school pre cursor to a shift to much cooler weather ,  really reminds me of late 1985 here's hoping !

Edited by Badgers01
typo
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

We have a 22 percent chance of a white Christmas this year and a 19 percent chance of being hit by an asteroid on boxing day. Only gives us one day to enjoy the snow.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter
1 hour ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Cooler air already moving in from the south east. Hopefully clearer aswell Screenshot_20181116-121652.thumb.png.5ce17f8fa6ab030a379972ecd64f1709.png

The forecast earlier this week was for a maximum of 14c today, yesterday this reduced to 12c and today it actually 10c ........Lets hope this trend continues.

• Like 1

Posted

I must say, being an advocate of seasonal weather, and although not for all, tis very seasonal out there.

Very Dickensian. Very Christmas Carol-esque. Lovely pee-souper out there.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Yes, I am enjoying this proper November weather, it goes well with the lovely colour remaining on the trees.

It is odd seeing such a clear radar, when it's been so wet all day. I call it wet air. 

• Like 3

Posted
15 hours ago, Steve Murr said:

Yep - expecting first snow here /

If not a 3 mins drive west kingsdown 240M

00z was an upgrade gave some white stuff for most of us probably restricted to overnight.. SE England does look to see coldest air, the cold pool has been upgraded in potency in last few days started with UKMO and others seem to be falling in tune with uppers between -6c and -8c in the region. Certainly cold enough for some. Still not expecting anything here maybe hail. 

224C5BC1-58BC-49B7-81D6-66DD009CD4ED.thumb.png.16f8cc7e29e5737dcc6f3c93e1b4991f.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Some kind soul has given hubs and now me the dreaded lurgy. It's my Birthday tomorrow so i'm none too pleased. 

Probably the reason it didn't feel that mild to me, quite cloudy with drizzle.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Can't tell if it's raining or it's just thick fog making me constantly need to use my windscreen wipers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

I notice that Biggin Hill is showing sleet now on the Met Office site for this Thursday, nice to see this upgrade because the next update might show snow! I know that Biggin is pretty high up but its a good indication that we might see some wintriness around the region next week.:oldgood::cold-emoji:

Edited by snowray
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

There's a special place in hell reserved for people driving with full beams on in fog. Couldn't see a thing for half my journey tonight.

• Like 1

Posted

Just home from taking donations on the phone for children in need and it’s so foggy still! Down at town level it’s not too bad but up here it’s down to 50m in places and still people doing 50mph plus on the drive up the hill with no fog lights! 

Much cooler too - currently 6c so chilliest it’s been in a little while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Had breakfast with my wife before she left for her 12 hour shift.

Have had a chance to peruse the overnight runs and a recording of Weather for the week ahead. I have to say, it looks like MeteoGroup has called the next seven days correctly IMO, more or less.

An ESE wind has now set in, chasing the damp, murky air way off to the W and NW. A regime of clearer, drier air has reached all parts of our region. Temps will reach 13c or so, a degree down on yesterdays but with a bonus of, long sunny spells. Much colder than it has been of late, tonight. Perhaps with a touch of ground frost, temps falling to a few degrees above freezing. The wind will strengthen further from the east, tomorrow. Max. temps around 10c/11c and it will feel quite raw, in the wind. The lowering temperature trend continues on Mon. and Tues., max temps around 6c/7c with "windchill", entering the forecast. Mon/Tues/Weds., we will pick up a bit more cloud from the east, with a sprinkling of showers possible for our region, with perhaps a hint of wintriness, over the tops of hills. Weds/Thurs looks to be the peak of this colder snap. By the end of the week, we'll likely to see some unsettled weather approach from the S.W. and becoming milder again, as the wind turns back into the S. 

Thought we were about to see some major "wrist-slashing" last night, as the models started to drop the colder runs. "Silly season" is almost upon us, in the Model thread. I've been a member of Netweather for nigh on 14 years and it's the same every late Autumn, when we start to see some Winter's over type posts(before it's even started!!) but fortunately we seemed to have avoided the gloom and doom posts, last night, on the whole.  A pack mentality seems to pervade the Model thread, at this time of year. It's been obvious for a while, that we were about to enter a period of lowering temps. but it was never going to be, "snow nirvana", way too early for that!!

A bit of advice to new members and visitors to this thread, "DON'T GET SUCKED IN!!" Try and stay removed from the "hope-casting" posts. You'll soon learn who the objective posters are, if not, you'll be facing a very long, frustrating Winter. I'm just old and very cynical, now!!

Hope you all enjoy your weekends!!

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Crikey. I am not surprised things are going tiiits up. It's november and I've always known it to be cloudy and dull and wet. And i should know, number of Birthday's I stood outside in a mini dress outside some club. 

The real cold can wait.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The cooler, drier but clearer air is now moving across our region from the SE, as the current satellite image shows. Nice to see the sunshine again, after a few very dark and dreary days.

86AF6B74-7DEA-4311-BC1F-9296A2279F08.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Sun breaking through here now leading to a sunny weekend. 

Fresher air arrived and feels seasonal, much better than last weekends rain and Atlantic crap. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

And it's another stonker of day: sunny, moderate east wind and 10.2C...☀️

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Lovely clear and sunny skies, my only wish is if it was summer still :c

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Sunny and breezy, there were flies and wasps in my garage, still warm enough for them. Going to attempt to have a bbq today

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Yes, what a total contrast to yesterday. Fresh chilly feel in a brisk wind that seems to be Easterly (ish) from what I can make out, along with sunshine & cloudless blue sky, what’s not to like?  Took a walk around Rye harbour before a quick pint and sausage onion baguette .

I’ve packed away my summer clothes and unearthered the winter ones in readniness for snowmageddon....  ⛄️  ❄️ 

• Like 4

Posted

So the met office are now saying chance of sleet showers for our region next week.Been keen enough on their online video forecasts to keep pointing out only RAIN showers next week.So already backtracking .

Alex deakin main culprit so what’s he got to say next to cover himself

Edited by SLEETY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I managed to capture a meteor shower this morning with my phone camera. Yesterday morning I tried to video it with my camera but could not capture it in time.  It is a sunny morning with a light cover of cloud.

Nature, Weather and Asteroids 012.jpg

Edited by Katrine Basso
Change asteroid to meteor
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Here is the video of the meteor shower.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Morning,

its very crisp and nippy out there this morning, lovely after the last few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

beautiful morning gin clear skies more of this please !! a chance of something wintry in the week , great model watching too !

• Like 1