Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
48 minutes ago, Surrey said:

This has been the never ending shower risk I swear.. 

You seen how lively that line is towards the south coast.. 

The high RES models are only picking up the risks at the last minute.. 

Yep another BBC forecast that was out of date before it had finished being broadcast !! Thunder and lightening here in Cobham 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

No lightning last night or Saturday night (I might have missed it) and the only interesting thing I heard it was on rumble of thunder.  This morning is overcast and dry.  The temperature is 10 °C and it is forecasted for heavy rain by 11 am and it is 8:52 am now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
32 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Yep another BBC forecast that was out of date before it had finished being broadcast !! Thunder and lightening here in Cobham 

YesB01,

Quite a few sferics showing up over your area, a while ago. They seemed to have died off in the last half hour. Quite pleased about that, as I have to walk down to Lee Green in a short while. :help:

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 1

Posted

Think I'll put back my walk for a while, some sferics have popped up again nearby and looks very ominous, outside the front door!!

Regards,

Posted

Been pouring down in SW London for last 90 mins. 6.4mm in last 24 hours from these heavy shower bands. Good top up for the soil and rivers. Some brightness moving in now but doesn't look like lasting long. 

• Like 1

Posted

Just had some thunder and lightning here in Canary wharf region.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Been pouring down in SW London for last 90 mins. 6.4mm in last 24 hours from these heavy shower bands. Good top up for the soil and rivers. Some brightness moving in now but doesn't look like lasting long. 

HiW88,

seen this kind of set-up so many times in November. English Channel temps are nigh on their highest at this time of year. If the angle of flow is right with unstable air aloft, heavy thundery showers can then affect our region. You wouldn't normally associate November with thunder but it can be a very turbulent month.

Regards,

Posted

Think it was a wise decision to delay my walk, thunder here in Lee, accompanied by heavy rain!! :help:

Hoping this "train" will gradually transfer eastwards, in a short while.

Regards,

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL

Thunder and more torrential rain here in Orpington. Temp 12 degrees.

• Like 1

Posted

Skies now turning brighter here in S.E.London. Will leave for my walk down to Lee Green, soon. Just had a back-handed compliment from the wife!!

Quote: "I'm glad a married a weather "geek". It prevents me from getting wet, SOMETIMES"(emphasised) Charming!!

Regards,

Posted

Stunning weather yesterday, managed to get so much done by way of closing the allotment for winter. and we're double figures again already today.

This morning was a bit strange, despite the good weather loads of different types of birds decided today was the day to return to the bird feeders. We've had wrens, jays and starlings which we haven't seen since March. And the fat blockhas been decimated.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

Lovely after lunch yesterday, got some more done on the allotment

It's 11C here and has rained heavily since 3am, everything now sodden and puddles everywhere. It's just spitting now but more dark clouds in the distance. so think there's lots more to come  An indoors day for me then!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Currently, it's a dry, bright and breezy 12.5C. Not sure just how long the dryness will last, though?

Posted

Shower train 2 now departing the south coast and trundling up the A3....

Edited by Badgers01

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Rained a bit. no thunder. 

Mild. 

breezie.

Might be cold enough to wear one of a new jumpers end of the month.

Posted

These shower trains are now a real pain! Thunderstorm here now (3 CGs).

Edited by mulzy

Posted

Wild hour here in Cobham and up the A3 from Guildford - crazy hail gusting wind and slow moving torrential rain - not good for dog walks! 

Posted

absolutely hammering it down here opposite the barbican. if that building is not dark and grey enough its even darker now!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Sod all here again, just dry, sunny and already 13.4C...I wonder just how warm the latter stages of the week could be, should the sun continue to shine?

Posted
1 hour ago, Badgers01 said:

Shower train 2 now departing the south coast and trundling up the A3....

Yep,

Shower train No.2 just landing here in S.E.London. Had to get cab home from Sainsbury's, Lee Green. There were very ominous skies, just to the west of us. Pouring with rain, as I type. This will probably transfer eastwards, with time. Stunning walk down to Lee Green earlier, after that first shower train had moved away.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 1

Posted

Absolutely chucked it down about 25 mins ago with some very noisy hail. Only heard one rumble of thunder, though. 

It's been fascinating watching the radar returns of these two shower trains. Both initiated around about the Isle of Wight and behaved very similarly, tracking N.E. As Badger reported this morning, the first "train" produced quite a few sferics, to the S.W. of London. This then transferred gradually eastwards with the electrical activity diminishing, quite rapidly. This second "train" has behaved, very similarly. Quite a lot of sferics S.W. of London, tailing off as it tracked away to the N.E. Both "trains" seemed to have moved in the same direction as that main band of rain, that sat over N.E.France, earlier on this morning.

Regards,

Tom.:hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Badgers01 said:

Wild hour here in Cobham and up the A3 from Guildford - crazy hail gusting wind and slow moving torrential rain - not good for dog walks! 

Yes indeed, it was timed perfectly here for the college run for my son which is usually followed by walking the dog in Nonsuch Park. Well no such luck today for the wee four-legged chap who has missed out on more than his fair share of walks due to the soaking weekend here (harness still drying out from Saturday!). Thunder, lightning, hail and torrential rain saw leaves flying and hovering in the air before leaving thick deposits over the roads. For furry chaps with paws there are also mushy conker shells to navigate on the pavements although our dog loves deep piles of leaves for uncovering hidden (edible) delights. The train of heavy showers is very similar to Saturday's, originating in northern France then crossing to the Isle of Wight, into Portsmouth,as @TomSE12 said, and apparently hitching a ride up the A3 on a NE trajectory. Autumnal it most definitely is. BTW, Badger, how wet is Esher Common now? I often swap parks for woodlands in this weather hoping for tree cover.

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 1

Posted

Yes,

Angela and possibly a 3rd train on the "tracks" now, departing the Isle of Wight perhaps all stations to Victoria.

It's certainly very turbulent at the moment, with all the ingredients there for these Autumnal thundery showers.

Regards,

• Like 1