Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
8 hours ago, Reefseeker said:

You're right, it's not been much of a summer for thunder and lightning, ah well, snow to look forward to for the next few months... Yes, Sandbanks for the weekend; I am hoping husband and son won't wuss out of it now that there's rain in the forecast, as I like a bit of wild and woolly walking in the autumnal weather myself. Have you done the Durlston Castle walk from the back-end of Swanage through the fields and cliffs then back around to Swanage again? We usually fit that in over the summer but not this year.

Next week I hope the clearer frostier stuff makes a return, perhaps with some nice atmospheric foggy starts, as per @TomSE12 and

@Daniel*

Made it to Swanage, it’s blowing an absolute hoolie here! Heavy rain too. Will be lighting the log burner shortly and opening the vino. Thanks for the tip for the walk, I’ve never been here before so would like to get as much walking/sightseeing in as possible. Have you decided what you’re doing yet? 

Agree with you about the atmospheric fogs and frosts, my favourite autumn weather type. Living by the Thames for many years in Staines, there’d usually be a day or two each autumn-winter when the fog was so thick and it lasted day and night for a good 48 hours. Loved that!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Once this grot clears overnight, Should be an ok weekend (November standards) bar the odd heavyish shower tomorrow, bulk of heavy showers to the SW and Wales. 

Next week looking dry and settled with no rain apart from chance of rain to East of region Monday

Ground bogged here, so an opportunity for a dry out next week. 

Posted
49 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Made it to Swanage, it’s blowing an absolute hoolie here! Heavy rain too. Will be lighting the log burner shortly and opening the vino. Thanks for the tip for the walk, I’ve never been here before so would like to get as much walking/sightseeing in as possible. Have you decided what you’re doing yet? 

Agree with you about the atmospheric fogs and frosts, my favourite autumn weather type. Living by the Thames for many years in Staines, there’d usually be a day or two each autumn-winter when the fog was so thick and it lasted day and night for a good 48 hours. Loved that!

That sounds very nice and well-earned indeed after battling your way through the weather ?️ Durlston Castle is actually the only Swanage walk I know; most visitors seem to do the town and seafront, and also Corfe Castle for a trip by car (or perhaps the little train), or along to Studland beach and the Sandbanks chain ferry by car or bike if it is not too busy, which I don't imagine it will be given the forecast. Old Harry Rocks is close by but I am unsure of the walking distance. We are awaiting the morning's forecasts before our final decision although I do like a good storm by the sea. Will be gutted not to do the Sandbanks beach walk tomorrow if we don't go. You are right, the Thames really delivers in foggy weather, fingers crossed for some when this current round of rain clears off.  Have a lovely weekend:)

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Wow, it’s really giving it some in Bexhill! The rain is fairly heavy, with quite a gusty SSW wind.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 hours ago, Reefseeker said:

That sounds very nice and well-earned indeed after battling your way through the weather ?️ Durlston Castle is actually the only Swanage walk I know; most visitors seem to do the town and seafront, and also Corfe Castle for a trip by car (or perhaps the little train), or along to Studland beach and the Sandbanks chain ferry by car or bike if it is not too busy, which I don't imagine it will be given the forecast. Old Harry Rocks is close by but I am unsure of the walking distance. We are awaiting the morning's forecasts before our final decision although I do like a good storm by the sea. Will be gutted not to do the Sandbanks beach walk tomorrow if we don't go. You are right, the Thames really delivers in foggy weather, fingers crossed for some when this current round of rain clears off.  Have a lovely weekend:)

I used to park up in Swanage, then get the bus to Worth Matravers. You can walk along all of the headland back to Swanage. Ironically, the worst bit was walking from Durlston back in to Swanage. You'd need most of the day for that, especially if you head down near the water to places like Seacombe and Windspit.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

It's a bit breezy down here on  the South Coast this evening, winds gusting 30-40mph and blowing the rain in sideways but very mild temperature wise. 11.2c at this time of night in November is almost tropical.

I've just been reading some interesting posts on another well known weather website and they are hinting at some potentially quite severe weather for southern coastal counties tomorrow (Saturday ).

Might be worth keeping an eye on.

• Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

No idea why this has been posted on this thread  ??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
2 minutes ago, SenlacJack said:

No idea why this has been posted on this thread  ??

Its a South East weather event.

Posted
6 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Its a South East weather event.

It was a news article which mentioned a South East snow event which happened over 30 years ago, interesting though it was it hardly relevant to the current weather here in the South East !

On that note, it's still wet and windy down here on the South Coast.  Quite probably the worst conditions we've had down here so far this Autumn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Up really early, cold preventing me from sleeping!! :oldangry:

Just had last of the frontal rain, which was quite heavy for a time. A quick look at the radar revealed some post-frontal showers, with a few sferics already popping off, in the Channel. That looks to be the order of the day, now. Still breezy and on the mild side, temps up to 14c with sunny spells and some heavy and possibly, thundery showers with hail at times, especially in southern coastal areas. 

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Morning ladies gentlemen boys and girls,

Fireworks Display tonight been watching the high res the last few days.. I kept everything crossed but showers look very likely.

However a big shift in the models this morning to the original idea of Showers more affecting coastal areas.. but of course with the nature of showers I wont know till an hour before.. 

Kind of sucks because I got just shy of £2000 of fireworks to setup and get ready .

Anyone is welcome to come along!!!! 

• Like 3

Posted

Meto got my location for a dry decent day today, with sunny spells. 

Hopefully any possible showers stay on southern coasts as predicted and the drying out period starts today here. 

Nice usable weekend ahead dodging the showers and no rain looks the theme next week. 

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Up really early, cold preventing me from sleeping!! :oldangry:

Just had last of the frontal rain, which was quite heavy for a time. A quick look at the radar revealed some post-frontal showers, with a few sferics already popping off, in the Channel. That looks to be the order of the day, now. Still breezy and on the mild side, temps up to 14c with sunny spells and some heavy and possibly, thundery showers with hail at times, especially in southern coastal areas. 

Regards,

Just a postscript, to this earlier post. Having just seen the latest forecast, a more organised band of showers looks to cross our region, later on this morning, which may contain hail and thunder. Thereafter, a continuing risk of showers, more especially in southern coastal areas. This shower risk lasting well into tomorrow.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Meto got my location for a dry decent day today, with sunny spells. 

Hopefully any possible showers stay on southern coasts as predicted and the drying out period starts today here. 

Nice usable weekend ahead and no rain looks the theme next week. 

I do hope so mate, hard to tell because the high RES models all show something diffrent however they do show more showery rain the further south you are 

• Like 1

Posted

Some showers in the western Channel gathering now, look to have our "name" on them. These should develop more widely, associated with a trough moving up from the S.W.

https://en.meteox.com/en-gb?fc=0&lightning=1

Modele UKMO - Carte FAX Bracknell - Pression et fronts

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Surrey said:

I do hope so mate, hard to tell because the high RES models all show something diffrent however they do show more showery rain the further south you are 

Just watched BBC breakfast weather. 

They too are going for showers further south you are.

Although tonight could be wet for all of us. 

Looking forward to next week. No rain. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

We are currently driving towards lewes, and we just drive through a 1-minute TORRENTIAL shower.

• Like 2

Posted

London - United Kingdom

Precipitation forecast (mm per hour)08:3009:0009:3010:0010:3011:

The Meteox forecast Isoyhet chart, suggesting some sharp showers for London after 9.30. Doesn't look like it's going to be far out.

•  

•  

Lo

Tijd mm
10 Nov 2018, 08:15:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 08:20:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 08:25:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 08:30:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 08:35:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 08:40:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 08:45:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 08:50:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 08:55:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 09:00:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 09:05:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 09:10:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 09:15:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 09:20:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 09:25:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 09:30:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 09:35:00 0.294
10 Nov 2018, 09:40:00 0.294
10 Nov 2018, 09:45:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 09:50:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 09:55:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 10:00:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 10:05:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 10:10:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 10:15:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 10:20:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 10:25:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 10:30:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 10:35:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 10:40:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 10:45:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 10:50:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 10:55:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 11:00:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 11:05:00 0
10 Nov 2018, 11:10:00 0

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Morning peeps!

After some notable wind and rain overnight, today has kick-off dry and sunny...moderate SW breeze and 8.3C. Will we miss today's showers? Who knows!☔⚡

Edited by Ed Stone
Speeling!

Posted

The Meteox Isoyhet forecast chart suggesting some sharpish showers for London, between 10 and 10.30.

Regards,

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
Just now, DoctorNick said:

Thanks for posting.  That's what is great about the regional threads, a chance to discuss weather past and present.  

Yes, my favourite setups are 91 and 87 types and they tend to affect the SE heavily, and as that includes London, there are always lots of news snippets around so i tend to post quite a lot about those events in the SE regional thread.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

any thoughts on where the showers/thunderstorms are likely to pop up today?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It is a big difference to yesterday with wind and rain.  It is much brighter and sunnier and I woke up to a clear pale blue sky. The temperature is 10 °C but feels more like 8 °C.

Last night the wind was so bad, my windows were rattling in the wind. At first I thought I missed out on the rain as when I looked at the back garden there was nothing but when I looked at the front garden it was raining heavily.