Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

WEDDING DAY WEATHER

Tom Quintavalle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all.

Thought I'd start a thread looking at weather conditions, when members "tied the knot". 

Did you pose for your wedding photos with lightning flashing and thunder crashing around? Or were you chilled to the bone ,with snow appearing in your photos? Or was there another extreme weather event, that accompanied proceedings?

I'll go first.

image.png.09fae5f3e2fad0a7dcfe524586d2ffe2.png

Colette and I were married at Sidcup Registry Office, N.W.Kent. We tried to book Valentine's Day but they were fully booked. We liked the venue a lot, so decided on the following day. Here are the archived 500 HPA and 850 HPA charts for 15th Feb, 2010:

FEB.15th. 2010

archives-2010-2-15-12-0.png

archives-2010-2-15-12-1.png

As we came outside after the wedding service to pose for our wedding photo's, we had a fine flurry of snow grains, nature's own confetti. Although,as you can see Colette already enough of the "mam-made" stuff, in her hair. The temperatures were a couple of degrees above freezing and my poor bride was chilled to the bone in her thin wedding dress, bequeathed to her by her mother.

Would like to hear of other members weather memories, on their "big" day.

Regards,

Tom.(SE12) :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long warm summer evenings. Cold frosty sunny winter days.

married in 81 on 30 October in Bury Lancs After a cold frosty start the day was sunny but a tad chilly but then that could have been the effect of all the alcohol we drank the night before!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Married 9th October 2016 near Watchet North Somerset in gorgeous venue with a deer park.... weekend before heavy rain and chilly week afterwards cold and wet but the Saturday we got married was blue skies no wind and 22-23c felt warmer and was lovely that everyone could be outside with cocktails/canapés and for lots of photos in the sunshine... was very very lucky the weather was that nice for a weekend in October 

• Like 1

Posted

Friday 13th (yes) May 2016 in Cornwall. Absolutely perfect weather, unbroken sunshine with max of 22C, couldn't have hoped for better. Not so hot that it's uncomfortable in suits (like it is at many high summer weddings) but warm enough. 

My wife and I have a thing about 13, we got together on the 13th (June 2012, not much nice weather that month), got engaged on the 13th (October 2013) so obviously we had to get married on the 13th too.... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

7th of July 2007 at 1015am Plymouth Registry Office for my Civil Partnership. Wasn’t a bad Saturday by any of the others from summer 2007. It was Sunny all day about 19c so the photos looked pretty good.

Threw it down most of the honeymoon in Sway Hampshire. 

The last day Wednesday 13th March 2013 was a cold wet day, and with sleet across Plymouth Hoe at 9pm. Well that’s all I can remember from that dreadful day.

We’ll have to see if it happens again, but being single for 5 years I’d not put money on it  

• Like 1

Posted

9th October 2004 - cloudy, but dry at least.  Remember it being quite chilly while posing for wedding photos afterwards outside.  Looking back on the charts for that period, it could have been quite an interesting one if they'd occurred in the depths of winter!

Rrea00120041009.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

I got married at Gretna Green Sept 3rd 1996..was cloudy and little bit of drizzle but mostly dry..then flew to Dubai, Singapore and the Maldives..mostly hot and humid

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

I got married in April 1997.  I moved into a house two months previously and (without any prior consultation with me I might add!) the first thing the father-in-law to be did was lay a lawn in the back garden. Being a new lawn it would need regular watering, which I assumed would be done mostly naturally.  However, my recollection is the damn lawn needed watering every day because we didn't get any rain for weeks on end!  So when did this mini-drought end?  You've guessed it, the day of the wedding!  Fortunately the day was ok and it wasn't until we got to the reception that it started chucking it down!  All in all I much prefer to remember the breaking up!   I moved out in November 2010, saw Spurs come back from 2-0 down away to Arsenal to win 3-2 on my first day out of the house and then shortly afterwards experienced one of the best months of weather I will ever see in my lifetime   

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Am getting married on 11th January 2020,just over 3 months away,not sure wether I will see anything other than wind and rain.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Got married on the 13th of July this year.

Temp was around 21c with party cloudy skies and then the heavens opened at 9pm which was perfect as it meant everyone ended up on the dance floor.

Warm enough for the ladies in the dresses and cool enough for the chaps in the suits, couldn't of asked for better!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

Married 6th July 2012. We started the day with a nasty thunderstorm and heavy rain. I remember this because I was leaving the hairdressers and the lent me an umbrella So i could get it back to my car. It then brightened up and was a beautiful warm day. We even had drinks outside on the patio after our wedding and everyone was saying how warm it was. 

• 3 years later...
Posted
On 23/10/2019 at 18:32, MarkW said:

Married on 22 October 2016. Just over three years in. I remember dry, slightly cold for the time of year and also grey. 

Just looked this up again. I was married in Taplow, Berkshire. It was a maximum of 12 C and a minimum of 1 C. I recall it was cold, as the OP suggested. Also some rain. 

Posted

Married 1 June 1996, weather in North London was dry, cloudy but a bit breezy. Honeymooned in Austria, and was hit by a heatwave. Reached 100f on a coach to Salzburg. Luckily we were by Lake Fuschl most of the time, but we were not prepared for the weather.

• Like 1

Posted

19th March 2005 - a perfect Spring day in Cheshire, we were so pleased!

14th June 1980 - I was 'best man' for my friend's wedding in Surrey and we were both woken at 7am by an enormous clap of thunder and torrential rain. The forecast, in those days when the only forecast you could get fairly quickly was on R4, was dire, but the weather relented and we stayed dry, if a tad sweaty in our finery, for the rest of the day. 

Posted

My husband & I got married at an intimate wedding venue on 9th October 2016 near Watchet Somerset… day before was rainy, we organised a pub quiz with friends and family in the local pub the evening before… the day of our wedding was warm sunshine and 22-23c, the blue skies made the photos and the day so special … the day afterwards was wet and breezy… very lucky for an October wedding weatherwise 👌👍 ☀️ 

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1