Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?

Morning all.

Thought I'd start a thread looking at weather conditions, when members "tied the knot". 

Did you pose for your wedding photos with lightning flashing and thunder crashing around? Or were you chilled to the bone ,with snow appearing in your photos? Or was there another extreme weather event, that accompanied proceedings?

I'll go first.

image.png.09fae5f3e2fad0a7dcfe524586d2ffe2.png

Colette and I were married at Sidcup Registry Office, N.W.Kent. We tried to book Valentine's Day but they were fully booked. We liked the venue a lot, so decided on the following day. Here are the archived 500 HPA and 850 HPA charts for 15th Feb, 2010:

FEB.15th. 2010

archives-2010-2-15-12-0.png

archives-2010-2-15-12-1.png

As we came outside after the wedding service to pose for our wedding photo's, we had a fine flurry of snow grains, nature's own confetti. Although,as you can see Colette already enough of the "mam-made" stuff, in her hair. The temperatures were a couple of degrees above freezing and my poor bride was chilled to the bone in her thin wedding dress, bequeathed to her by her mother.

Would like to hear of other members weather memories, on their "big" day.

Regards,

Tom.(SE12) :hi:

Edited by TomSE12

married in 81 on 30 October in Bury Lancs After a cold frosty start the day was sunny but a tad chilly but then that could have been the effect of all the alcohol we drank the night before!!!

• Like 1

Married 9th October 2016 near Watchet North Somerset in gorgeous venue with a deer park.... weekend before heavy rain and chilly week afterwards cold and wet but the Saturday we got married was blue skies no wind and 22-23c felt warmer and was lovely that everyone could be outside with cocktails/canapés and for lots of photos in the sunshine... was very very lucky the weather was that nice for a weekend in October 

• Like 1

Friday 13th (yes) May 2016 in Cornwall. Absolutely perfect weather, unbroken sunshine with max of 22C, couldn't have hoped for better. Not so hot that it's uncomfortable in suits (like it is at many high summer weddings) but warm enough. 

My wife and I have a thing about 13, we got together on the 13th (June 2012, not much nice weather that month), got engaged on the 13th (October 2013) so obviously we had to get married on the 13th too.... 

• Like 1

7th of July 2007 at 1015am Plymouth Registry Office for my Civil Partnership. Wasn’t a bad Saturday by any of the others from summer 2007. It was Sunny all day about 19c so the photos looked pretty good.

Threw it down most of the honeymoon in Sway Hampshire. 

The last day Wednesday 13th March 2013 was a cold wet day, and with sleet across Plymouth Hoe at 9pm. Well that’s all I can remember from that dreadful day.

We’ll have to see if it happens again, but being single for 5 years I’d not put money on it 🙂 

• Like 1

9th October 2004 - cloudy, but dry at least.  Remember it being quite chilly while posing for wedding photos afterwards outside.  Looking back on the charts for that period, it could have been quite an interesting one if they'd occurred in the depths of winter!

Rrea00120041009.gif

• Like 1

I got married at Gretna Green Sept 3rd 1996..was cloudy and little bit of drizzle but mostly dry..then flew to Dubai, Singapore and the Maldives..mostly hot and humid

• Like 1