Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Why don't I feel the cold?

Posted
  • Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Altitude: 189 m, Density Altitude: 6 m
  • Weather Preferences: Tropical Cyclone, Blizzard, Thunderstorm, Freezing Cold Day and Heat Wave.

Hi all... I am Greek man 30 years old living in Germany...

While during the nights and especially during 5-7 am i feel the cold, during the days the situation is different.

I need 12 degrees C, to feel cold with short sleeve shirt and there will be the need to wear long sleeve shirt and then i need 7-8 degrees C to wear a jacket, while Germans wear long sleeve shirt with jacket from 17-18 degrees.

So everything is ok with me, i am just different or i have a health problem? Soon, I am gonna have health exams, so what exactly i have to focus on?

Thanks in advance.

Posted

I am also Greek and to feel the cold it needs to be below 0c. I don't understand why you need to have health exams though. I see it as an advantage.

I was on holiday in Greece earlier this month and most locals had long sleeves on and some even jackets even though the daytime temperature was above 20c. So we are the exception that the rule. lol

How does your body respond to the heat? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

http://theconversation.com/health-check-why-do-some-people-feel-the-cold-more-than-others-37805

I feel the cold very much in winter.  Having said that I'm not one to have the heating on full blast but I feel cold all winter long unless I'm wrapped up well with the heating on. Looking at the temps this weekend I think my heating might be going on properly. 

Posted
19 hours ago, Konstantinos said:

Hi all... I am Greek man 30 years old living in Germany...

While during the nights and especially during 5-7 am i feel the cold, during the days the situation is different.

I need 12 degrees C, to feel cold with short sleeve shirt and there will be the need to wear long sleeve shirt and then i need 7-8 degrees C to wear a jacket, while Germans wear long sleeve shirt with jacket from 17-18 degrees.

So everything is ok with me, i am just different or i have a health problem? Soon, I am gonna have health exams, so what exactly i have to focus on?

Thanks in advance.

Great that you aren’t fridged. What does your other half say?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I've found weighty people to be rarely cold, just a move will warm you up with all the fat, say over 20 stone, always warm especially in winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tropical Cyclone, Blizzard, Thunderstorm, Freezing Cold Day and Heat Wave.

Thanks, but i ain't so fat.. just 14 stones or 90 kgs and 1.83 m or 6 feet

Posted

Hi Karyo, i hope we are just the exception to the rule... Just worrying a little about the blood pressure...

About the heat, i feel it early, but i am used to it, without much problem... Just cold shower every day or maybe 2 times per day, plus air conditioning and that's all.

Edited by Konstantinos