Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ambient Weather WS-2000/ fineoffset HP2550

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 hours ago, trebor said:

oh bum!!! I got a vat tax bill from fedex for £44. HP2551 not such a bargain anymore  

Damn! You got stung there! I think all of my items came in under £20.

Posted
On 02/08/2019 at 00:51, Dean E said:

First time I've seen this!

image.thumb.png.8105651c0c436137b66ac9124073645e.png

Was recorded at 12.50am

probably dew formation at that time. You will notice it happen from time to time. Also when foggy/misty and when its raining very hard. The sensor picks up the fine water droplets as PM.

Very expensive commercial sensors heat the air intake to avoid this but at our price point that's not going to happen.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear sky or snow
8 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Almost 3 weeks since I made an order, nothing sent out, yet.

what does Lucy say is the hold up. mine took about 10 working days to dispatch and I have never been sent a tracking number without asking for one.

Posted
1 hour ago, trebor said:

what does Lucy say is the hold up. mine took about 10 working days to dispatch and I have never been sent a tracking number without asking for one.

She hasn't said anything.

My first order took 14 days to process and then 6 days from dispatch to delivery.

This time, it has  been almost 3 weeks since the last email saying ..

We have received your payment and will arrange you items soon.:)
We'll send you the tracking number once available.

Posted
20 hours ago, Mapantz said:

She hasn't said anything.

My first order took 14 days to process and then 6 days from dispatch to delivery.

This time, it has  been almost 3 weeks since the last email saying ..

We have received your payment and will arrange you items soon.:)
We'll send you the tracking number once available.

Normally she does give an idea on when dispatch is likely. Perhaps they don't have any kit in stock and are awaiting manufacturing.

Posted
5 hours ago, Mapantz said:

4 weeks and counting...

Have you sent an e-mail?

Does seem odd and out of kilter.

I am expecting the new W-80 to test and mk2 Gw-1000 and that was all organised without me asking or pushing so I think there must be some mess-up at their end that is preventing the shipping. I have to say I have always found Lucy incredibly responsive and customer friendly.

Edited by Mandrake
typo

Posted
On 22/08/2019 at 11:08, Mapantz said:

4 weeks and counting...

21 hours ago, Mandrake said:

Have you sent an e-mail?

Does seem odd and out of kilter.

I am expecting the new W-80 to test and mk2 Gw-1000 and that was all organised without me asking or pushing so I think there must be some mess-up at their end that is preventing the shipping. I have to say I have always found Lucy incredibly responsive and customer friendly.

Is it possible that recent events within Hong Kong maybe having an effect on shipping? 

Posted
38 minutes ago, Dean E said:

Is it possible that recent events within Hong Kong maybe having an effect on shipping? 

I don't think so as Ecowitt shipped the WS-80 and GW-1000 on Tuesday and I had it in my hands on Friday (today) so I would not say the HK problems are having any impact on transport.

Posted
29 minutes ago, Mandrake said:

I don't think so as Ecowitt shipped the WS-80 and GW-1000 on Tuesday and I had it in my hands on Friday (today) so I would not say the HK problems are having any impact on transport.

Ah sorry, didn't see your message! Yeah must be just a mix up on their end! 

Posted
2 hours ago, Mandrake said:

you lucky ******, I'm looking forward to reading your first impressions. Are they yours to keep? or will you have to return them.

Posted
On 23/08/2019 at 17:06, trebor said:

you lucky ******, I'm looking forward to reading your first impressions. Are they yours to keep? or will you have to return them.

To keep. I just agree to test and review my findings with Ecowitt and the community. What's not to like!

I have to say so far I have been mightily impressed with what Ecowitt and fine offset are doing. They really seem to be stepping up in the weather station world.

My first reviews are over at the WXForum pages

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=37700.new#new

Posted

Sorry for the delay response due to weekend.
Sorry that we'll still need several days to prepare and test your order, because we want to make everything's going well this time.
We'll try to ship your order within this week and then send you the tracking number.

Still rather weird.. I mean, what exactly is it they are testing?

Posted

Still rather weird.. I mean, what exactly is it they are testing?

your patience .

Somebody has had wireless issues with the sensors, it may have even been you but I cant see what else can be tested unless there's a new firmware.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, trebor said:

your patience .

Somebody has had wireless issues with the sensors, it may have even been you but I cant see what else can be tested unless there's a new firmware.

It was just my console that had poor signal so they said they would send me a new one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

5 weeks now..

I think you need to send a gentle email.  Sounds like something has got forgotten somewhere

Edited by Ukwoody

Posted

5 weeks now..

I think you need to contact Lucy, it's just rude that they have not let you know what the issue is.

There is also the chance they think they've sent it and you have received it.

Really interested to hear about these stations, especially any issues with radio signal.  I’ve been burnt with the problem of sensors not being detected and big gaps in data before.   Radio is such a hard technology to debug.

Does anyone know what kind of reputation the Fine Offset equipment, in its various brands, has had in this respect?  Is the track record good?

Posted

Its not wise to say any solution is wonderful as every location has its own factors that impact reception for weather stations (or for that matter any radio based sensor technology)

Personally I have had mostly faultless problems with my Fine offset kit including one that's 10 years old this November and is still 100metres away down the garden. I did have a period in January and February where I kept losing signal and assumed the system was finally dying which led me to the latest generation of kit and Ecowitt as the distributor for Fine Offset. Now I am a qualified Radio Amateur and know my radio. Could I find the cause of the interference....nope. Anyhow since then its been rock solid again with no loss of signal. My new Fine Offset/Ecowitt kit has also been rock solid, so who knows what was causing the interference.

I guess the point I am trying to make is that you cannot be certain anywhere that you will have great coverage, you just have to try.

Fine Offset/Ecowitt are certainly aware of this area though and are actively looking at boosting range and the latest kit I have in the form of the GW-1000 and WS-80 sensor suite will support up to 200 Meters of range which is the best yet.

• Like 1

Posted

That's good news Mapantz.

Experience suggests that you should get it earlier than Wednesday. I would reckon it will be in the UK by Tomorrow and probably with you by Monday.

Posted
1 hour ago, Mandrake said:

That's good news Mapantz.

Experience suggests that you should get it earlier than Wednesday. I would reckon it will be in the UK by Tomorrow and probably with you by Monday.

I'd be surprised at that. The last order took 6 days. Tracking shows it at KWUN TONG HK