Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ambient Weather WS-2000/ fineoffset HP2550

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear sky or snow
8 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I don't know if the console sends the extra data or not as I don't have it connected to WiFi.

It certainly doesn't have graphs for soil moisture or PM 2.5.

have you got the app on your phone (wsview on android), does that show the extra data?

while I am on the subject of data upload is ecowitt the only website that supports the extra sensors data. 

wunderground and weathercloud  don't appear to.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
Just now, trebor said:

have you got the app on your phone (wsview on android), does that show the extra data?

Yes, but that's being supplied via the GW-1000.

Posted
1 hour ago, trebor said:

I was just trying to figure out how everything meshes together. so your extra sensors talk direct to the console but that doesn't then upload the extra data.

I think that's sorted now but I find it strange the console wont upload all the data it has. That may be another email to support I bet that could be corrected with a firmware update.

1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

I don't know if the console sends the extra data or not as I don't have it connected to WiFi.

It certainly doesn't have graphs for soil moisture or PM 2.5.

Yeah I should email as well to be honest, but I cannot see a way for the data to be sent onto Ecowitt.net. But yes, live data is available on the sensor, but as Mapantz pointed out there's nothing for historical data and/or charts.

Posted
10 hours ago, Dean E said:

Yeah I should email as well to be honest, but I cannot see a way for the data to be sent onto Ecowitt.net. But yes, live data is available on the sensor, but as Mapantz pointed out there's nothing for historical data and/or charts.

Ok I emailed Lucy who says

"The HP2551 can accept the following extra wifi sensors:
8X WH31 Multi-channel T&R sensor
1X WH51 Soil Moisture Sensor
1X WH41 PM2.5 Sensor

And don't need the GW1000 to upload to the ecowitt.net."

Please let us know your thought.

Best Regards,
Lucy

Posted
1 hour ago, trebor said:

Ok I emailed Lucy who says

"The HP2551 can accept the following extra wifi sensors:
8X WH31 Multi-channel T&R sensor
1X WH51 Soil Moisture Sensor
1X WH41 PM2.5 Sensor

And don't need the GW1000 to upload to the ecowitt.net."

Please let us know your thought.

Best Regards,
Lucy

Oh this is interesting! I need to figure out how to show the data on ecowitt.net now!

Edit: Currently in contact with Lucy to figure this out, as I've just ordered the GW1000 this morning through herself to achieve the upload! 

Edited by Dean E

Posted
15 minutes ago, Dean E said:

Oh this is interesting! I need to figure out how to show the data on ecowitt.net now!

Edit: Currently in contact with Lucy to figure this out, as I've just ordered the GW1000 this morning through herself to achieve the upload! 

What console do you have? I'm pretty sure there was a firmware upgrade months ago which allowed all consoles to upload to ecowitt? The weather station map suddenly filled up with hundreds of stations. I think you can use the wsview app to configure them as well the console itself.

20190722_110012.thumb.jpg.9be70b14bcc79d57732d7c0f5b939e39.jpg

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
15 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

What console do you have? I'm pretty sure there was a firmware upgrade months ago which allowed all consoles to upload to ecowitt? The weather station map suddenly filled up with hundreds of stations. I think you can use the wsview app to configure them as well the console itself.

I have the HP2551 console. The Air quality and moisture sensors are visible on the console, but cannot seem to get those to upload to ecowitt.net. Guessing I'm not doing it right? Haha

All other data uploads perfectly

Edited by Dean E

Posted

I've just been moving my console around to look at the signal issues.. I have taken it upstairs and put it on a shelf pretty close to a window - in line of sight of all of the sensors, which as the crow flies, are about 40' away. Firstly, the router is just 5' away from the console and it doesn't even get full signal. The soil moisture sensor is the closest one, and that only shows 1 bar. The PM sensor is the next closest, that isn't even being picked up. The outdoor temp/humidity has no signal at all either. That's pretty damn poor!

Posted
26 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I've just been moving my console around to look at the signal issues.. I have taken it upstairs and put it on a shelf pretty close to a window - in line of sight of all of the sensors, which as the crow flies, are about 40' away. Firstly, the router is just 5' away from the console and it doesn't even get full signal. The soil moisture sensor is the closest one, and that only shows 1 bar. The PM sensor is the next closest, that isn't even being picked up. The outdoor temp/humidity has no signal at all either. That's pretty damn poor!

My anemometer is around 50ft away from the house, with the temperature sensor, rain gauge and air quality monitors at about 20ft away. I've had full signal at all times (except when I had issues with the anemometer, however a update fixed that).

IMG_20190722_120535.thumb.jpg.645e2868164b5cb18800b26afb7193e9.jpg

Posted
33 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Soil moisture has now stopped showing on my console.

Sounds like its an issue with the console radio signal? 

Posted
1 hour ago, Dean E said:

My anemometer is around 50ft away from the house, with the temperature sensor, rain gauge and air quality monitors at about 20ft away. I've had full signal at all times (except when I had issues with the anemometer, however a update fixed that).

IMG_20190722_120535.thumb.jpg.645e2868164b5cb18800b26afb7193e9.jpg

your console looks slightly different to all the others I've seen you have a slim bezel around yours.

I assume you have tried a reset and reconnect all the sensors if so I would say yours looks faulty and needs replacing, wont Lucy send a new console?

are you running anything else on that frequency could it be interference ? I once had an old weather station that still had batteries in in a junk box, it took me days to figure out it was that giving me signal issues with the station I was running.

Edited by trebor

Posted

If you're cack-handed, don't attempt this..

20190722_150405.thumb.jpg.d57bb8e01a8259ac015c188d2694437b.jpg

You need pry tools as the back is extremely difficult to take off.

Posted

If you're cack-handed, don't attempt this..

20190722_150405.thumb.jpg.d57bb8e01a8259ac015c188d2694437b.jpg

You need pry tools as the back is extremely difficult to take off.

there goes the warranty.

can you see anything wrong in there?

Posted
17 hours ago, trebor said:

there goes the warranty.

can you see anything wrong in there?

Nothing wrong from what I can see. It's strange, I know Davis equipment is more expensive, but I can move the console to anywhere in my house, even places with 3 wall between it and the outside ISS, and I get readings no problem, even with the Anemometer transmitter which is almost 11m up on the chimney with 2 floors and a roof in between.

Anyway, Lucy is sending me a new console and a few other goodies, which is very nice of her.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Lucy sent me over an update, so now I have my moisture sensor and air quality monitor uploading to ecowitt.net!

Cannot fault the customer service.

Posted
On 23/07/2019 at 14:54, Dean E said:

Lucy sent me over an update, so now I have my moisture sensor and air quality monitor uploading to ecowitt.net!

Cannot fault the customer service.

Sorry guys I have been not looking at this thread for a while.

I can confirm that the ecowitt.net feed from the HP2551 should support all the sensors it can display. Mine certainly has done so since the console was enabled to upload to Ecowitt.net with the appropriate firmware update.

As for Mapanz's console. That is weird, you certainly do appear to have something slightly different to the rest of the ws-2000/Hp2551 models.

Perhaps you have an evolution unit. Will be curious to see if its the same when you get the replacement, although of course it could just be the plastic trim that's different.

As for the WS-80, this is in test in HK at the moment (seen the photo's) and I believe will be available within a month or so assuming no significant bugs are found.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Mandrake said:

Sorry guys I have been not looking at this thread for a while.

I can confirm that the ecowitt.net feed from the HP2551 should support all the sensors it can display. Mine certainly has done so since the console was enabled to upload to Ecowitt.net with the appropriate firmware update.

As for Mapanz's console. That is weird, you certainly do appear to have something slightly different to the rest of the ws-2000/Hp2551 models.

Perhaps you have an evolution unit. Will be curious to see if its the same when you get the replacement, although of course it could just be the plastic trim that's different.

As for the WS-80, this is in test in HK at the moment (seen the photo's) and I believe will be available within a month or so assuming no significant bugs are found.

So just looking at Mapantz's exploded console the immediate question that leaps out is...

Are the buttons at the bottom of the screen physical (hidden on the bottom or back of the unit that we cannot see) or is your console a touch screen. The rest of us have physical buttons to push on the bezel at the bottom of the unit. Just beginning to suspect that yours maybe touch screen which is radically different?

However the rear view suggests that the console is normal with buttons like the rest,,,,confused!

Edited by Mandrake

Posted
8 minutes ago, trebor said:

I think it was Dean E with the different console

Ah yes, I think you correct...I wonder what console that is then!

Hopefully Mapantz will resolve his issue with a new console. Might be a tiny issue such as the receiver wire being a slightly out of tolerance length wise which is enough to reduce effectiveness.

Fingers crossed.

As for the WS-80 I am looking forward to getting my hands on that!

Posted
2 hours ago, Mandrake said:

As for the WS-80 I am looking forward to getting my hands on that!

Being a techy and liking weather stations, I would normally agree with you. However, having had 3 different types on ultrasonic anemometers, I will never get one again! They are so prone to ridiculous readings after being in the rain for a time and they slowly get worse.

Posted
49 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Being a techy and liking weather stations, I would normally agree with you. However, having had 3 different types on ultrasonic anemometers, I will never get one again! They are so prone to ridiculous readings after being in the rain for a time and they slowly get worse.

OK, not having had any experience with ultrasonic anemometers so I shall certainly not replace my existing kit but run it along side following your comments!

Posted
17 hours ago, Mapantz said:

OK, not having had any experienc

12 hours ago, Dean E said:

Mines different? 

Actually no I don't think it is......just reviewed my original product review from page 3 on this thread and my picture looks the same or similar. Its an optical illusion that makes the bezel look tiny as only the internal chamfer shows up and the rest becomes invisible. No worries!

• Like 1

Posted

oh bum!!! I got a vat tax bill from fedex for £44. HP2551 not such a bargain anymore