Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
Sign in to follow this  
Snowyowl9

Ladybird invasion.

I have never seen so many ladybirds in my life flying around today until the wind picked up,they were all landed on me outside in a hot spot in the sun.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1029543/ladybird-invasion-swarming-ladybirds-infestation-uk

Ladybird INVASION: Swarming STD-carrying bugs infest homes across UK.

If by STD you mean Sexually Transmitted Disease, this story sounds a lot like the late '80s-early '90s media-hyped 'worry' that midges might spread AIDS...

Sorry if I have the wrong end of the stick, Snowy, but I never click on articles from the Daily Express.🤖

There are some Ladybirds around here but nothing unusual. 

2 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

If by STD you mean Sexually Transmitted Disease, this story sounds a lot like the late '80s-early '90s media-hyped 'worry' that midges might spread AIDS...

Sorry if I have the wrong end of the stick, Snowy, but I never click on articles from the Daily Express.🤖

Yeah I'm curious but refuse to click on it!

Funnily enough earlier on today I discovered 2 ladybirds crawling on the back of my neck. The first I noticed whilst in KFC getting some lunch. I just picked it off and cast it away, then when I got home I discovered another one in the same place and I just let it out the window. Don't know how they got there but I do hope they haven't given me an STD  😨

Edited by Walsall Wood Snow

Haha! No they aren’t carrying stds (not any that would affect us).

It might stem from the fact that some carry a fungal disease that affects other ladybirds.

Suffice to say I’ve seen a lot of bull in the media today about them. They are harmless to humans and can only give a slight nip sometimes if you pick them up.

Now they’re not particularly great for our native species, but that’s another matter.

• Like 1

There has been quiet a few on our windows outside today,more than i have seen for a few years,there was one in our lasses hair ealier,now is it one of the winter folklores heralding a cold winter lol:D