Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Callum - Atlantic Storm 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

I believe Callum could be the deepest October Atlantic storm on record? Seen it on Twitter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

It’s nasty down here in Devon and Cornwall. Loads of trees down, roads blocked and flooding. Newquay and Exeter airports both have cancellations.

I think we thought it wouldn’t be that bad but it’s turned out to be correctly named as a Storm.

Posted

Edit 85 live incidents in Cornwall according to D and C police.

No ferries at Cremyl, Dartmouth Higher and Lower. 

Delays of an hour plus at Torpoint Ferry Torpoint Side. 

Flooding at Devonport, Keyham, Stonehouse and on A38, A379, and A388 in Plymouth.

Trees down at Lostwithel, Helston, Bodmin, Barnstaple, Honiton, Exeter, Okehampton.

It’s a mess out there!

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

It does look to be a tad further south than predicted, so far. Really nasty over Cornwall / Devon and South Wales on the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Was woken at 3:00am by rain hitting the window like a fire hose, driven by very strong gusty wind whistling around the eaves.  Couldn't get much sleep after that but we had a lull in the rain after dawn for a couple of hours.  Raining steadily again now but the wind, whilst still gusty, is not as wild as last night.  The short term models indicate that wind spreeds will pick up and rainfall will intensify again between 12:00 and 13:00 so this might be the peak period for this location.  I am hoping for a slow but steady decline in the wind and rain during the rest of today and tomorrow and a relatively calm Sunday.  Curious how the storm centre has tracked out in the Atlantic off the west coast of Ireland and will be in the vicinity of Iceland before long but the worst conditions (apart from out in the Atlantic) are over Wales, and perhaps Cumbria, a couple of hundred miles away.....

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Question folks.. According to the GFS (and earlier BBC) the rain should let up in an hour or two.. 

But according to the radar, this stuff has almost no way to head north without drenching me most of the day.. 

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

What are your own thoughts. 

Posted
1 hour ago, StormyWeather28 said:

Buoy off the West Coast of Mayo recorded a gust of 117mph. Luckily this storm didn't track further East. 

Do you have a link to the Buoy I been following buoy data on the NOAA most of the night but as the storm got closer to Ireland the buoys aren't working/supported on the NOAA site, closet I could get to the storm most of the night was K2 - https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=62081 and K5 which is pretty much way north west of Scotland! - https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=64045

K212.thumb.png.e89c2265b1ab9c4f50c225604e501238.pngK512.thumb.png.ccd8ffe3ffcbd16aae8c98d2060e3ba0.png

2 hours ago, StormyWeather28 said:

Buoy off the West Coast of Mayo recorded a gust of 117mph. Luckily this storm didn't track further East. 

As i said last night probable  sting jet ,a very lucky miss for the UK and Ireland as would likley  have caused multiple fatalities 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Dry and sun is trying to come out. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Very breezy out there this afternoon, blowing the potted plants about and all the leaves coming down are making it look very autumnal.

Nice weather if you don't have to go out in it!

Posted

Wind wise not much to talk about here. Was quite wet but dried up, as others have said it was a lucky miss!

Edited by parrotingfantasist

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Still that small blob of 150mm in central lakes .. one to keep an eye on for Keswick and environs residents ... no amber warning in that area probs means will be ok ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

The wind here just keeps coming and coming with very violent gusts every now and then.  I think the valleys around the Preselli Hills somehow concentrate the wind into a funnel effect.  I know the gusts can't be more than 65-70kph maximum but it seems much worse when you hear the roof complaining, the trees roaring and see mature oaks and ashes being shaken around like twigs.  The rain eased off a bit earlier but seems to be trying to return.  This is taking its time to 'blow through' I have to say.  Those inland and in sheltered spots are lucky to have missed it.

Edited by Sky Full

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!
5 hours ago, summer blizzard said:

Question folks.. According to the GFS (and earlier BBC) the rain should let up in an hour or two.. 

But according to the radar, this stuff has almost no way to head north without drenching me most of the day.. 

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

What are your own thoughts. 

It was supposed to brighten up here late morning and into the afternoon according to the BBC, but instead there was a deluge for a few hours (BBC were also still showing the rain to be further east than it was). 

Definitely doing what it wants, much more rain tomorrow probably than anticipated for my area anyway.

Posted

I can’t remember a day for many years when nearly all the major roads in Cornwall and West Devon haven’t had a road closure on them due to falling trees and electricity lines.

Latest to fall is A388 between Callington and Launceston. As for the A38 through Plymouth towards the Tamar Bridge? Forget it!