IGNORED

Report Climate change ipcc

weirpig

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers
2 hours ago, 4wd said:

In the obligatory daily climate change tale of woe on BBC is this
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-48755154
The irony is that the need to escape economic collapse will come about due to over zealous measures the greens want to impose to halt their imaginary Armageddon.

Posting your unbacked claims on here as well as TWO now? I'm not going to argue why you think the risks posed by anthropogenic climate change are imaginary because you've been posting things on TWO for years.

Economic collapse will occur if we keep on the same worst case scenario path. Renewable energies are on a path forward that will only accelerate in the future and that will in itself bring huge economic benefits. I see you're also brandishing those who are concerned about anthropogenic climate change as some sort of anti-capitalist group of people when in reality this is just a very small minority. Such views are outdated as is flat out denial of anthropogenic climate change. 

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, 4wd said:

The irony is that the need to escape economic collapse will come about due to over zealous measures the greens want to impose to halt their imaginary Armageddon.

Indeed some of their pledges are just bat crazy 

Posted
19 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Indeed some of their pledges are just bat crazy 

But nothing in the BBC link is bat crazy...

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, Quicksilver1989 said:

But nothing in the BBC link is bat crazy...

No  such is life the poor will always be the worst hit   I was just talking about green policies 

Posted
5 hours ago, 4wd said:

You're so correct. If we just stuck our heads in the sand now, in a few decades we'd have an economy in tip top racing condition perfectly capable of handling millions of refugees, crop failure at home, poisoned and rising seas, a destabilised and eroded democracy along with global conflict over simple resources like water and arable land!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

You could argue that a global economic collapse is the only way we'll ever actually reduce our carbon emissions!  The more economically active we are the more of the earth's resources are consumed, the more of a throwaway society we live in (whether it's cars, phones, washing machines etc) and the more fossil fuel is burnt.  As well as being less wasteful communities need to become more locally self sufficient so there is less of a need to transport manufactured goods and produce half way around the planet.  Brexit, for example, which the greens are vehemently against, is actually something that would help/encourage/force us to do just that. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Alright folks. We know what the scientific consensus is on the topic. The know the risks of BAU emissions, from worsening drought, heatwaves, flooding and crop failure, to continued and accelerating ocean acidification and devastation that may cause if allowed to continue.
We're already wiping out species at a rate fast enough to be causing the Earth's 6th mass extinction event, and we're causing pollution and damage to the global ecosystem in numerous other ways that we don't fully have a grip on or even understand the full consequences of yet (think the loss of pollinating insects, global microplastics problem, growing ocean dead zones, etc.)

This stuff is not imaginary, nor hyperbole. The only thing that's imaginary is the idea that we can continue on as we are, consuming ever more resources and producing ever more economic growth on a finite planet, all while expecting things to go swimmingly.

So, what's the solution? Act now? Ridicule those demanding we act now? Follow gradual protocols like the Paris agreement? Assume a technological fix will arrive to save the day? Get overwhelmed by the scale of the problem, convince ourselves it doesn't exist and find comfort in climate denier blogs that tell us it's all gonna be ok?

• Like 6

Posted
36 minutes ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

Alright folks. We know what the scientific consensus is on the topic. The know the risks of BAU emissions, from worsening drought, heatwaves, flooding and crop failure, to continued and accelerating ocean acidification and devastation that may cause if allowed to continue.
We're already wiping out species at a rate fast enough to be causing the Earth's 6th mass extinction event, and we're causing pollution and damage to the global ecosystem in numerous other ways that we don't fully have a grip on or even understand the full consequences of yet (think the loss of pollinating insects, global microplastics problem, growing ocean dead zones, etc.)

This stuff is not imaginary, nor hyperbole. The only thing that's imaginary is the idea that we can continue on as we are, consuming ever more resources and producing ever more economic growth on a finite planet, all while expecting things to go swimmingly.

So, what's the solution? Act now? Ridicule those demanding we act now? Follow gradual protocols like the Paris agreement? Assume a technological fix will arrive to save the day? Get overwhelmed by the scale of the problem, convince ourselves it doesn't exist and find comfort in climate denier blogs that tell us it's all gonna be ok?

The number of people like four is going to decrease, simply because the evidence is going to keep on increasing. The question is not if but when the world acts. Trump, or other populists, can rant but as time passes what is going on will just get clearer and clearer to humanity. How much damage will be done before humanity 'gets' it? Sadly, awfully, terribly, I fear it's a lot more. End of the world stuff? Nope.

I do wish I were like four - that every bit of evidence was just more proof it isn't happening because, well, it's just a bigger and bigger conspiracy. Then I would post in a style like his and be utterly complacent with it. I could scoff at those who are concerned, point out the odd hypocrite and thus futrher bolster my self belief.

But, again, he's wrong. He'll never admit it but he might, just, come to see it yet.

• Like 1

Posted

Sorry but this Is obvious to me, for how much longer can our world keep producing resources to provide for the billions we have now? And if the population continues to increase(several more billions over the coming years) then what, things start to run out, for whatever reason, and millions will be forced to relocate to other continents in search of their resources resulting in some sort of global conflict.

Too many people and many more to come, simply not sustainable.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Sorry but this Is obvious to me, for how much longer can our world keep producing resources to provide for the billions we have now? And if the population continues to increase(several more billions over the coming years) then what, things start to run out, for whatever reason, and millions will be forced to relocate to other continents in search of their resources resulting in some sort of global conflict.

Too many people and many more to come, simply not sustainable.

What do you suggest then?

Whatever the views on population are, emitting GHG gases isn't sustainable due to the impacts it will have on our planet, society and prosperity and there is no excuse for inaction.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

I hold real concerns that 'The Powers that be' are content to sit back and let us destroy one another rather than risk their global economy. For some 'War' ='s big bucks so are content to keep the world in strife just to keep their monies coming in. Our soon to be ex-PM has a Husband doing very well out of funding such carnage?

Of course they'll bleat all the correct noises of concern as the conflicts erupt but at the same time will be pushing our weapons on anyone who can afford them.

Failure of the Asian Monsoon/drift of the African monsoon can swiftly put existential concerns into large populations and they will travel to find sanctuary.

We saw what the few thousands of Syrian migrants drove in the E.U. so imagine what ten's of those numbers trying to find safety will drive?

The U.S. is making it plain that it has 'no room' for refugees and the UK's Island status makes it easier to control incoming climate refugees but the rest of europe/Asia?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
13 hours ago, Devonian said:

The number of people like four is going to decrease, simply because the evidence is going to keep on increasing. The question is not if but when the world acts. Trump, or other populists, can rant but as time passes what is going on will just get clearer and clearer to humanity. How much damage will be done before humanity 'gets' it? Sadly, awfully, terribly, I fear it's a lot more. End of the world stuff? Nope.

I do wish I were like four - that every bit of evidence was just more proof it isn't happening because, well, it's just a bigger and bigger conspiracy. Then I would post in a style like his and be utterly complacent with it. I could scoff at those who are concerned, point out the odd hypocrite and thus futrher bolster my self belief.

But, again, he's wrong. He'll never admit it but he might, just, come to see it yet.

True, Dev. But, if CCD's didn't persist in posting garbage, said garbage wouldn't bias the results of genuinely interested folks' Google searches?

I still get annoyed with all those pro-Brexit adds I keep getting, here on netweather: images of a grinning Donald Trump, waving wads of cash around, do not amuse!

• Like 2

Posted

I think Mother N. is showing the USA that their leaders may deny AGW but the reality on the ground makes it an expensive 'invisible threat' for them?

If I'm right in my reading the opening of the Pacific side of the basin, back in 2012, set up further augmentations in our wayward Jet and this , combined with the Rockies, appears to set up a flow guaranteeing plenty of slipped polar night jets over the central/eastern U.S. giving them mega snow amounts , spring/summer flooding and drought over on the West.

This years floods will cost the midwest west Farmers plenty with seed corn now being planted just to claim on the insurance ( and leave them with no seed for next year due to no harvest?)

With the heat pouring into the Pacific side of the Arctic Basin since Sun up temp anoms in the ocean there are at record values. That's a lot of messing with our trop/strat polar circulation come autumn/early winter!!!

Interesting times........

• Like 2

Posted
6 hours ago, weirpig said:

america is top of the list for global waste.    Expect a demonstration outside  Putney  recycling plant to highlight this fact. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-48838699

I just don't get why people sneer at those who do their best. Do you want people to be quiescent sheep?

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, Devonian said:

I just don't get why people sneer at those who do their best. Do you want people to be quiescent sheep?

Hong kong! Now that's what I call a peoples demonstration.

Not saying its right or wrong, but they make their point in the right place...

• Like 3

Posted
12 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Hong kong! Now that's what I call a peoples demonstration.

Not saying its right or wrong, but they make their point in the right place...

Weirpig might say they should march on Beijing...

Posted
27 minutes ago, Devonian said:

Do there best??    They really are not    I'm calling them out because it's not enough  its look at me mentality    

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
46 minutes ago, Devonian said:

They ought to be making a 'proper' considered and thoughtful demonstration, Dev - they should be putting their money where their mouth is...like turning round and aiming their 'speech organs' at their intended victims? Oh, sorry, that particular stroke of genius has already been done. Yesterday!:wallbash:

Ludwig Van Beethoven's music must be truly spiritual!

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Do there best??    They really are not    I'm calling them out because it's not enough  its look at me mentality    

Perhaps they need you as a leader? How about it?

• Like 1

Posted

The Elite/'Powers that be' show us they have absolutely no interest in taking 'meaningful action'

They will do as they have this past 20 years and make fine promises whilst doing sweet F.A. ( in any meaningful, not 'photo opportunity', way?)

They have consigned a huge portion of the Global Population to an early grave so as to see the least drama themselves ( in their socio/economic lives?) 

When do the 'proportion of society needed' wake up to what the last 3 decades have been showing them?

Will they ever?

• Like 2

Posted

Anchorage hits 90F..........FER stained glass window'S SAKE.......

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Anchorage hits 90F..........FER stained glass window'S SAKE.......

Stained glass windows will be ok, they can survive both hot and cold conditions.