Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Report Climate change ipcc

weirpig

Posted

With a rather bleak outlook being issued by leading scientists  of global proportion  will the deadline of 12 years really be feasible to keep the temperature to within 1.5c   or is it to late.  with countries such as China,USA consuming at such a high rate  is the Earth about to change for good?.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/oct/08/global-warming-must-not-exceed-15c-warns-landmark-un-report

Posted

The IPCC Is Still Wrong on Climate Change. Scientists Prove It.

Today, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) releases a special report on the alleged impacts of "global warming of 1.5° C above pre-industrial levels and related global greenhouse gas emission pathways, in the context of strengthening the global response to the threat of climate change, sustainable development, and efforts to eradicate poverty."

To coincide with that publication's release, the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change (NIPCC) released on October 5 a draft Summary for Policymakers of the fifth volume in its "Climate Change Reconsidered" series.  That report is available online here.

The IPCC is a political organization, not a scientific body.  It was formed by the United Nations in 1988 for the purpose of establishing the need for a global solution to the alleged problem of anthropogenic climate change.  Note that the mission of the IPCC was never to study the causes of climate change; were that the case, it might have devoted some of its billions of dollars in revenues over the years to examining solar cycles, changes in ocean currents, the sensitivity of climate to greenhouse gases, or the planet's carbon cycle.  The IPCC has spent trivial sums on these issues, and the authors of and contributors to its voluminous reports have few or no credentials in these fields.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/10/the_ipcc_is_still_wrong_on_climate_change_scientists_prove_it.html#ixzz5TKNCqgCE

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 hour ago, Snowyowl9 said:

The IPCC Is Still Wrong on Climate Change. Scientists Prove It.

Today, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) releases a special report on the alleged impacts of "global warming of 1.5° C above pre-industrial levels and related global greenhouse gas emission pathways, in the context of strengthening the global response to the threat of climate change, sustainable development, and efforts to eradicate poverty."

To coincide with that publication's release, the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change (NIPCC) released on October 5 a draft Summary for Policymakers of the fifth volume in its "Climate Change Reconsidered" series.  That report is available online here.

The IPCC is a political organization, not a scientific body.  It was formed by the United Nations in 1988 for the purpose of establishing the need for a global solution to the alleged problem of anthropogenic climate change.  Note that the mission of the IPCC was never to study the causes of climate change; were that the case, it might have devoted some of its billions of dollars in revenues over the years to examining solar cycles, changes in ocean currents, the sensitivity of climate to greenhouse gases, or the planet's carbon cycle.  The IPCC has spent trivial sums on these issues, and the authors of and contributors to its voluminous reports have few or no credentials in these fields.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/10/the_ipcc_is_still_wrong_on_climate_change_scientists_prove_it.html#ixzz5TKNCqgCE

I know...It's all a Chinese conspiracy theory, I suppose?:wallbash::help::fool:

Posted
39 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I know...It's all a Chinese conspiracy theory, I suppose?:wallbash::help::fool:

No, just some people, standing up to some other people, saying "Hang on, this isnt 100% proven, so perhaps there's a different theory on this?"

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Rambo said:

No, just some people, standing up to some other people, saying "Hang on, this isnt 100% proven, so perhaps there's a different theory on this?"

It was snowyowl9 who used the word proven not the IPCC: "The IPCC Is Still Wrong on Climate Change. Scientists Prove It."

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, Devonian said:

It was snowyowl9 who used the word proven not the IPCC: "The IPCC Is Still Wrong on Climate Change. Scientists Prove It."

Nice try, but its a different context! If you read both the IPCC and NIPCC reports, you'd understand that statement.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Rambo said:

This was 100% proven years and years ago beyond any doubt hence 100's of countries coming together to find a solution. You seem like an intelligent guy but your doing yourself no favours backing loony bin climate change deniers mate. Just drop it. Your doing yourself no favours 

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, inghams85 said:

This was 100% proven years and years ago beyond any doubt hence 100's of countries coming together to find a solution. You seem like an intelligent guy but your doing yourself no favours backing loony bin climate change deniers mate. Just drop it. Your doing yourself no favours 

Well it most certainly isnt 100% proven, but lets not go down the same boring route, its not the thread for that.

But what I truly dont understand is why do people get so aggressive over it? Its bonkers. If I said why do people back the loony bin leftist morons, would that be acceptable? No, it probably wouldnt!!!!

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, Rambo said:

Pray tell, Rambo - as empty attacks will only go so far - how about you present your alternative theory?

FWIW, neither Einstein's relativity theories nor Newtonian mechanics are '100% proven'...And, for reasons I doubt you'll understand, never will be!

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Well it most certainly isnt 100% proven, but lets not go down the same boring route, its not the thread for that.

But what I truly dont understand is why do people get so aggressive over it? Its bonkers. If I said why do people back the loony bin leftist morons, would that be acceptable? No, it probably wouldnt!!!!

It is 100% proven and your in denial. The world's smartest scientist don't sit down with the world leaders saving the planet on something that isn't. It's like saying the ocean isn't made up of water and I'm going to deliberately argue the fact it's not without any basis just because theres nothing you can do about me disagreeing. It's so rediculous that at times I think people even question replying to your pathetic trolling tbh

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Ed Stone said:

Pray tell, Rambo - as empty attacks will only go so far - how about you present your alternative theory?

FWIW, neither Einstein's relativity theories nor Newtonian mechanics are '100% proven'...And, for reasons I doubt you'll understand, never will be!

Bla bla bla.....There's no point discussing this with you, as firstly this isnt the place, and secondly, you'll just end up being rude and offensive, which will get the thread locked like you've done before!

Maybe once, just once, you'll be able to reply without making stupid remarks.....but until then I guess I must bow down to you're "superior" standing lol

• Like 5

Posted
3 minutes ago, inghams85 said:

It is 100% proven and your in denial. The world's smartest scientist don't sit down with the world leaders saving the planet on something that isn't. It's like saying the ocean isn't made up of water and I'm going to deliberately argue the fact it's not without any basis just because theres nothing you can do about me disagreeing. It's so rediculous that at times I think people even question replying to your pathetic trolling tbh

Oh dear lol. There's saving the planet from climate change, and then there's saving the planet from man made climate change........one is proven, and one isnt! Anyway, this isnt a preaching session, I dont give a toss if people believe it or not, the point is to have an adult discussion on the subject, BUT sadly this forum doesnt seem to be capable of that. Perhaps one day, in a thread far far away.........

You think me a troll? LOL, sorry for having a different opinion BAAAAAA, but on that note, its not surprising the people who think differently dont comment on here, as all they get is abuse!!

• Like 7

Posted
3 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Oh dear lol. There's saving the planet from climate change, and then there's saving the planet from man made climate change........one is proven, and one isnt! Anyway, this isnt a preaching session, I dont give a toss if people believe it or not, the point is to have an adult discussion on the subject, BUT sadly this forum doesnt seem to be capable of that. Perhaps one day, in a thread far far away.........

You think me a troll? LOL, sorry for having a different opinion BAAAAAA, but on that note, its not surprising the people who think differently dont comment on here, as all they get is abuse!!

The whole point is there is NOTHING to discuss. Man made climate change is proven 1000 times over so there's no debate to even be had. The quicker you realise that the quicker we don't have to listen to the conspiracy rubbish hour posting. Anyway this thread like you say isn't for this so it's my last message on the subject.

• Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Bla bla bla.....There's no point discussing this with you, as firstly this isnt the place, and secondly, you'll just end up being rude and offensive, which will get the thread locked like you've done before!

Maybe once, just once, you'll be able to reply without making stupid remarks.....but until then I guess I must bow down to you're "superior" standing lol

Merely asking you to produce a quick precis of your own preferred theory, Rambo? Is that really so 'rude and offensive'?

Posted

My tupence worth is that the earth over it's history has undergone many episodes of climate change  in fact the last time the country was as warm as it is now was back 130000 years ago  were temps were around 1_2 c above pre industrial levels  However the change occurred over a much lengthier time than is happening now  and as far as scientists can tell  co levels were much lower   Having looked at the climate of the earth the closest similarity I can find is approx 12 million years ago were temps were similar than today and also surprisingly co was very similar somewhere between 350 and 400ppm    so in summary I agree that climate change is a cycle and I also believe that the speed of climate change could well be man made  however what I'm confused about is the amount of co millions of years ago that was present in the atmosphere  were did that come from?  And is that also a cycle    more questions than answers 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

The fact that man thinks they can control temperature astounds me. Way to many variables and as weirpig says more questions than answers.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, seabreeze86 said:

The fact that man thinks they can control temperature astounds me. Way to many variables and as weirpig says more questions than answers.

They think we can control how much greenhouse gas we put into the atmosphere. We can control how much greenhouse gas we put in the atmosphere, because we put it there.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

The NIPCC is made up 99.9% of non-climate scientists and is formed mainly by political activists with close ties and funding from right wing think tanks and the fossil fuel industry.

The IPCC is made up of working climate scientists, experts in their fields, and the reports undergo years of work and review. It's purpose is to reviews the current state of climate science, what it means for climate change and assess the likely impacts moving forward. It's not meant for conducting original research. The scientists involved volunteer their time too.

For people to call the IPCC political and the NIPCC scientific is simply ludicrous, and shows how hypocritical, gullible and detached from reality climate change deniers have become.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I can't believe some of the comments made in here. It's such a shame someone who doesn't think climate change is solely driven by man can be labelled in such a way. Shame on you☹️

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

The NIPCC is made up 99.9% of non-climate scientists and is formed mainly by political activists with close ties and funding from right wing think tanks and the fossil fuel industry.

The IPCC is made up of working climate scientists, experts in their fields, and the reports undergo years of work and review. It's purpose is to reviews the current state of climate science, what it means for climate change and assess the likely impacts moving forward. It's not meant for conducting original research. The scientists involved volunteer their time too.

For people to call the IPCC political and the NIPCC scientific is simply ludicrous, and shows how hypocritical, gullible and detached from reality climate change deniers have become.

Governments never lie do they?? Weapons of mass destruction.......yeh, they were completely truthful about that haha.....why is it people give complete blind trust in governments without questioning anything?

I dont know much about the NIPCC, but I do know that the IPCC doesnt have the best track record of "truthful" data, and accreditations. Does that mean they're wrong? No, of course not....but does that mean we should put complete trust in them...also NO!

Well done for not being offensive to those who dont share your opinion......oh, you couldnt manage it either......never mind. Its so similar to the left vs right, its quite funny really!

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Devonian said:

They think we can control how much greenhouse gas we put into the atmosphere. We can control how much greenhouse gas we put in the atmosphere, because we put it there.

"we" cant control anything cos the we increases by millions every year, this fact dictates everything!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
12 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

"we" cant control anything cos the we increases by millions every year, this fact dictates everything!

We could but we would have to go back to horse and cart, and in fact I think some of these people secretly want that to happen but haven't the balls to say it.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Humans are not responsible for climate change, it is a fact that the planets climate has constantly changed over time immemorial. The Doomsday book shows vinyards as far north as York in the UK indicating that temperatures were warmer a millennia ago.  The question is, are humans helping that change? I don't know, I don't think anyone really knows, but for me the question is should be take the risk? My answer is No, we don't need to pollute so why do it.

Its interesting the diseal car was seen as the answer to lower Co2 emissions, and petrol seen as the enemy, and now we have completely reversed that? Our own government is worried about making less cars in the wake of BREXIT, it wants us to buy more of them? They want to build a 3rd runaway at Heathrow, these are all counter to today's IPCC message.

It comes down to will greed spell the end of humans on Earth? Probably!

The Earth will of course be fine as Mother Nature will simply cleanse the place when we have gone..  

• Like 3

Posted
7 hours ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Clearly 'we' (humanity) put the extra greenhouse gas in the atmosphere. Why can't we not do that, or reduce that? Clearly (with the will) we can.

Yes it will be difficult but lets not just give up on the planet.

• Like 2