Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
1 hour ago, Fiona Robertson said:

I don't have any relevant qualifications to speak of, I have no training or experience in met-type stuff so just ignore me if you want to, but something about this bunny has me concerned. Conditions seem to be right for it to absolutely bomb.

Has me a bit jumpy to be sure! The water temps off the coast mean it has fuel to maintain , or even continue intensifying?, as it makes landfall then there is the 'feed' of moisture from the ocean even when its eye is ashore?

The speed of its development, and expected arrival, is leading to issues with folk making preparations to either hunker down or evacuate with the 'last minute' crew battling with everyone else for what is on the shelves/in the petrol station tanks.

Let us see how things look once the sun is up!

Posted

I don't have any relevant qualifications to speak of, I have no training or experience in met-type stuff so just ignore me if you want to, but something about this bunny has me concerned. Conditions seem to be right for it to absolutely bomb.

The forecast does call for Rapid Intensification ( 30 Knots in 24 hrs).

Posted
6 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Has me a bit jumpy to be sure! The water temps off the coast mean it has fuel to maintain , or even continue intensifying?, as it makes landfall then there is the 'feed' of moisture from the ocean even when its eye is ashore?

The speed of its development, and expected arrival, is leading to issues with folk making preparations to either hunker down or evacuate with the 'last minute' crew battling with everyone else for what is on the shelves/in the petrol station tanks.

Let us see how things look once the sun is up!

I was watching the NHC Broadcast on Facebook yesterday and what struck you was the message of how little time people had to make prteperations. Tropical storm force winds expected at midnight tonight UK time time.. a little over 13 hours.

Posted

Yep 968-969mb. With winds just touching 90kts in the ne quad. Sw quad quite a bit weaker. 

A hurricane will often lag dvorak which is really where the winds and pressure Will be once the hurricane has responded to how it looks on sat reprensention  

He does look might good atm. And raw dvorak is even stronger at 100-110kts. 

So he say currently 90kts with potential already to go to 110kts but possibly even higher 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers

They've just measured a 968.

I think recon has spotted readings as low as 965mb, either way its poised for rapid intensification going by this image

DpCd0l6W4AAm7RL.jpg Intense convection on the east and northern sides of the storm, its beginning to look well defined.

Posted

The Dvorak estimation from the site whose link I put up earlier has an estimated central pressure of 934mb . I'm not sure if there is any analysis as to the effectiveness of this automated analysis v human analysis but it does indicate that strengthening continues.

What also may be an indicator of further rapid intensification is that on the second pass of the current aircraft in Michael saw a drop in pressure from 970 to 967 in 105 mins and more importantly the eye had gone from being elliptical to circular, albeit open in SW 

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

964mb, flight level winds at 119KT.

He be a major very soon.

Posted

Eyewall is now closed.

Euro drops to 934mb (cat 4).

This is the real deal folks, like Harvey and Charley, a cane that is still bombing at landfall.

Posted

Gust in eastern eyewall reported at 134mph.

6 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Eyewall is now closed.

Euro drops to 934mb (cat 4).

This is the real deal folks, like Harvey and Charley, a cane that is still bombing at landfall.

& Models also slowing its foreward momentum down slightly giving more time for intensification...

Posted

Check out the goes 17 sat, can see all three systems.

image.thumb.png.728fe779e008a2d0eb867d85813a989e.png

Posted

image.thumb.png.71c3ab82093524946c4992b7ae153d4a.png