Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Iceberg

Hurricane Florence

Recommended Posts

Pressure looks to be falling again down from 952 to 950. 

Deep connective ring again around the new 3-4 Times the size eye. 

CA8F66D9-B0FD-49CF-8481-B9F76C9D02B5.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

143kt at flight level is impressive. I expect to see Cat4 again in the next advisory.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend is in Virginia and will be there for landfall. They're currently debating evacuating. I've told him not to take this thing lightly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Azazel said:

My friend is in Virginia and will be there for landfall. They're currently debating evacuating. I've told him not to take this thing lightly.

Good call Azazel. I believe they have been ordered to leave so tell him do as they say as it will only strain emergency services if there is a problem. Pack up and go!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Azael, so' s my friend. They are going but all their neighbours just aren't bothered at all.

Considering how far Bermuda is from this system, the wind is certainly picking up.

http://www.portbermudawebcam.com

There are so many cameras along the coast, you should see swells picking up very soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Angers me when people are so pig-headed and refuse to evacuate. If they want to risk their lives, then fine, but there will inevitably be people risking their lives to try and rescue them when things go wrong. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Angers me when people are so pig-headed and refuse to evacuate. If they want to risk their lives, then fine, but there will inevitably be people risking their lives to try and rescue them when things go wrong. 

I'm sure evacuation  was mandatory  but a fool and his /her life is easily parted I guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Afternoon-

 

Just checked in on Florence, after the ERC the eye is now perfectly clear & shows no signs of being ragged - in that its very circular, nice deep convection rebuilding around the core & cold cloud tops-

If theres going to be a run @Cat 5 its just started....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just saw something interesting they are turning all the lanes in one area, one way ,so if the freeway will have all lanes away from the evacuation zone ,

Quote

 

 

Edited by milkmaid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty standard for all emergency evacuation plans in the US.  I've seen in put in practice for wild fires too. 

I'd love to know whether the UK has any plans like that. Obviously it's less likely to be of use given the dearth of major events, but I'd like to think it's not "put the kettle on, man up and do your bit for Blighty". 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, milkmaid said:

just saw something interesting they are turning all the lanes in one area, one way ,so if the freeway will have all lanes away from the evacuation zone ,

 

That's standard in Hurricane evacuations. If you end up on an Interstate in states like Florida, the Carolinas etc. you may see "Hurricane evacuation route" signs, these are the roads in question. Sensible idea really!

Edited by Nick L
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matty40s said:

The warnings are being listened to, yesterdays populous beaches are replaced by deserted ones today, few folks walking and the town views clearing out.

surfchex.com/cams/carolina-beach-web-cam/

Not sure if the servers have been powered down for this webcam network as I cant connect to a single one now.

 

This site is. At least two surfers still in the sea.

https://www.wilmingtonandbeaches.com/wrightsville-beach/about/island-info/beach-cam/

Edited by Had Worse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mokidugway said:

I'm sure evacuation  was mandatory  but a fool and his /her life is easily parted I guess

Technically its not. It just means no ones coming to help you if you call 911.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Technically its not. It just means no ones coming to help you if you call 911.

Unfortunately it doesnt, it means brave people will risk their lives to save stupid people.

 

Latest Recon aircraft flying out, Florence is 104 miles ESE of Charleston S Carolina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Unfortunately it doesnt, it means brave people will risk their lives to save stupid people.

 

Latest Recon aircraft flying out, Florence is 104 miles ESE of Charleston S Carolina

104 miles? That’s not far at all. Context for me is from my home to Brighton.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Not sure if the servers have been powered down for this webcam network as I cant connect to a single one now.

 

This site is. At least two surfers still in the sea.

https://www.wilmingtonandbeaches.com/wrightsville-beach/about/island-info/beach-cam/

still working for me, might leave it running in case new viewers get limited😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...