Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
itsnowjoke

North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

Recommended Posts

Sun here also, temp rocketed up 2.1C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 inch on paved surfaces but where snow lay first on car/grass it’s 3 inches...just been out to feed the birds and fill the feeders.... huge flakes of snow earlier.... looking forward to this afternoon 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Snow in sale and rain in Manchester cc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

snowing nicely here in Southport 🤗

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

 

The best one i've ever heard of for Liverpool was 17th/18th Dec 2010, us in the pennines only got 3 inches but further West on the coast got 6-12 inches from that event.

 Yeah that day will forever live in my memories as the most epic weather day of all.  Got 11 inches. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dkeane3 said:

 Snow in sale and rain in Manchester cc?

Correct 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sleetier mix in manc as heavy precip. Turns up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

I’ll never forget jan 2010! First day back in work after xmas and coukdnt get pran feom house to bus stop. Our first born had just been born in may. Was about half a foot then

 Only got 2 inches that day, was right on the edge of the streamer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

 

The best one i've ever heard of for Liverpool was 17th/18th Dec 2010, us in the pennines only got 3 inches but further West on the coast got 6-12 inches from that event.

Was fantastic mate but still doesn't beat Feb 91 for me, 8 inches of pure powder snow and sent home from school around 11am for a snow day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, raul_sbd said:

Correct 🙂

Any luck with it sticking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit unlucky ha im jus litrally a fart in distance to a good pounding. not seen anything yet 

Screenshot_20190122-113313_Chrome.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chris.R said:

 Yeah that day will forever live in my memories as the most epic weather day of all.  Got 11 inches. 

It was a similar timescale to my Birmingham Feb 1991 fall - in that i got about 11 inches in 5 and a half hours and it was teatime to late evening which was similar to yours if i remember rightly.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely to wake up to it snowing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dkeane3 said:

Any luck with it sticking?

Starting to stick in the grass 2c now and dropping

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Day 10 said:

Was fantastic mate but still doesn't beat Feb 91 for me, 8 inches of pure powder snow and sent home from school around 11am for a snow day. 

What date was that? surely the showers on the Wednesday didn't give you that much, surely it was the friday that did it for you - it was the thursday afternoon evening for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Stop now but it’s 1.8°C so should stay more or less as snow from now on. Just don’t want any clear breaks in between showers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, feb1991blizzard said:

What date was that? surely the showers on the Wednesday didn't give you that much, surely it was the friday that did it for you - it was the thursday afternoon evening for me.

The Friday

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chris.R said:

 Stop now but it’s 1.8°C so should stay more or less as snow from now on. Just don’t want any clear breaks in between showers. 

The second my shower cleared earlier, it went from 1.1C to 3.3C in 20 min

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty heavy in Manc CC for last 5 mins, not sticking obviously but nice to watch from my office window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone focusing on the band that's hit land, but for everyone else the Irish Sea is really coming alive behind that as well now.

 

image.thumb.png.596d18f0a3d2c9ecd2aa72e96d773481.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oops I spoke too soon, started to rain again. No doubt will turn on the back edge of the shower. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...