Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
itsnowjoke

North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

19012212_2106.gif

if thats right at +30 then we are getting a dumping tomorrow ..

oh I wish, I have faith it will be good old rain here!!!

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nailed-on Nigel said:

Another Wirral based poster here, Travellers Rest / Acorn area. 

Greetings to all the North West massive and hope we get plastered.

Greetings from wallasey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

W/NW wind direction we usually get plenty of showers here ....... doesn't look like it'll be cold enoiugh for snow tomorrow (we gat rain here when its minus 10 :oldsmile:)  but further inland its looking good for you folk (if you like snow that is)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Snow free zone said:

W/NW wind direction we usually get plenty of showers here ....... doesn't look like it'll be cold enoiugh for snow tomorrow (we gat rain here when its minus 10 :oldsmile:)  but further inland its looking good for you folk (if you like snow that is)

I wouldn't rule it out just yet. By early afternoon it could be snow tomorrow.

 

I've got a hunch feeling that tonights showers might offer a few surprises in the region, so we might as well get over that hurdle before worrying about tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 It’s not all about 850s 

Edited by Chris.R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chores ✅ Shopping ✅Now I can sit and enjoy watching and waiting for the snow  rain to fall IMBY over the next couple of days 😂😂 Ahhhh NW coastal living at its finest 😁

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HRT said:

Chores ✅ Shopping ✅Now I can sit and enjoy watching and waiting for the snow  rain to fall IMBY over the next couple of days 😂😂 Ahhhh NW coastal living at its finest 😁

 

Lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

There will be little or no snow from the initial front imho- its the showers packing in on the back of the front, likely tomorrow mid morning onwards..

cheers bud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Airport TAF time

Both Man and LPL snow showers from 11am tomorrow 

Both show showers before then but more a wintry mix of hail sleet 

C.S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Liverpool TAF, which incidentally is one of the longest I have ever read, says the following: 

 This evening rain with the possibility of heavy rain. 

 From midnight, rain showers with cb, possibility of heavy rain sleet and graupel showers. 

 From 9 AM sleet showers with CB,

From 10 AM 

possibility of snow showers with light/variable winds (suggests a trough). 

Edited by Chris.R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Airport TAF time

Both Man and LPL snow showers from 11am tomorrow 

Both show showers before then but more a wintry mix of hail sleet 

C.S

Snap. It’s 10 am for prob30 of shsn at LPL though isn’t it? 

Edited by Chris.R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody in the Midlands thread just asked what is all the excitement about an event that might deliver a couple of cms.    A COUPLE OF CMS IS A ONCE IN A GENERATION EVENT HERE ON THE WEST COAST.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chris78 said:

Somebody in the Midlands thread just asked what is all the excitement about an event that might deliver a couple of cms.    A COUPLE OF CMS IS A ONCE IN A GENERATION EVENT HERE ON THE WEST COAST.

Is it really that bad in Preston? You must have had a couple of cms a few times last winter?

 

Last winter and the winter before I had quite a few days with a couple of cms, and I'm not that much further inland than you (8 miles as the crow flies)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the realistic chances of the rain turning to snow on it's back edge tonight? Not obviously expecting much but wondering if to leave my curtains open just in case? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deep Snow please said:

Is it really that bad in Preston? You must have had a couple of cms a few times last winter?

 

Last winter and the winter before I had quite a few days with a couple of cms, and I'm not that much further inland than you (8 miles as the crow flies)? 

Honestly Deep snow that 8 miles makes ALL the difference.   We may have had a couple of CM's on bins and cars etc, but an even covering over all surfaces...NO.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chris78 said:

Honestly Deep snow that 8 miles makes ALL the difference.   We may have had a couple of CM's on bins and cars etc, but an even covering over all surfaces...NO.  

Fair enough. Pretty ridiculous being a little bit further inland can make that much difference. Hopefully tonight and tomorrow brings something to enjoy for all of us.

 

To be honest I think those folk in the midlands have just been spoiled by having not one but two huge dumpings initially forecast for up here go and hit them instead in the past two years.

Edited by Deep Snow please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even here a couple of CMs is A relatively common occurrence in an average winter. The two winters with no snow at all 15-16 and 16-17 were the   exception. 

 Last winter I had5 cMs on 27/02, 3 cMs on 28/02, 7cMs on 08/03 and 2 cMs on 17/03. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we may do ok with snow tommorow, i am worried about it settling as it will start to fall during day time and with the wet ground, ive seen it before when the PPN is heavy enough and over a period of time can settle so ive got my fingers crossed for this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

Fair enough. Pretty ridiculous being a little bit further inland can make that much difference. Hopefully tonight and tomorrow brings something to enjoy for all of us.

Crazy isnt it     March 8th 2018

 

Blackburn 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/16073164.snow-march-8-2018-updates-on-roads-trains-buses-and-school-closures/

 

Preston

 

https://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2018/03/preston-awakes-to-dusting-of-snow-heres-hour-by-hour-weather-forecast/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Preston, Cornwall and Liverpool.

 

Worst places in the Country for Snow. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, captaincroc said:

What are the realistic chances of the rain turning to snow on it's back edge tonight? Not obviously expecting much but wondering if to leave my curtains open just in case? 

 Very unlikely TBH. Maybe evaporative cooling has a slight chance, doubt it though. I’ll still be keeping an eye out just in case though as stranger things have happened. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warning just for hail.

Not snow.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck people looks interesting over next week or two

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

Warning just for hail.

Not snow.

If thats right then euro4 must be on the sauce..

A general guidance was issued at 10 this morning mentioning 1-3 cm above 200m ..

Edited by northwestsnow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

If thats right then euro4 must be on the sauce..

or Source? 

 

image.thumb.png.c41d15f5db83eae1388970b94c0f4c25.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...