Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

itsnowjoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & storms. Or very hot. None of this raining when it's sunny rubbish

Snowing big flakes in Wigan!! Not sure how long it will last but will take it  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow.. frost. Freezing fog

Heavy snow here. Sticking everywhere 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow.. frost. Freezing fog

Don’t know where this has come from but I’ll take it

gone from green to completely white in 15 mins 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & storms. Or very hot. None of this raining when it's sunny rubbish

Stopped now but nice while it lasted!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Just about stopped here now. Must say it was better than expected. It as felt like such a long time since I've seen snow falling, also feels like ages since I was basking in the May heatwave whilst i was doing weekend night shifts. Onwards and upwards 

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Winter Hill said:

CBC9932F-0EAE-447D-A6B5-A24ABA67D886.jpeg

Good effort there considering 

• Like 2

Posted

Been busy looking at the tv and pc for the past 2 hours and its snowed fairly well in Bury. Sticking on anything but the main roads ofcourse.

STELLA! pleasent suprise consdiering we aint expecting nothin till the cold next week!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Think I may have picked the correct day of next week(Tuesday)

Heavy rain followed by back edge snow followed by snow showers 

Been blown in on a freezing NW wind

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of all kinds, natural disasters and catastrophes.

On a positive note does anybody know what the certainty is on the Tuesday event and wether the snowfall will be significant?

My understanding is were looking at a couple of cm's on low levels across the region.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

60808358-87CF-4588-B993-3B49160E4C94.thumb.jpeg.ae6a0e70ee3bc6e3fc53c916016b14db.jpeg

Cabin up? (For some)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

My 2cm of snow has turned into a slushy mess

never mind there’s always the next time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
9 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

Think I may have picked the correct day of next week(Tuesday)

Heavy rain followed by back edge snow followed by snow showers 

Been blown in on a freezing NW wind

C.S

Aside from the ECM carcrash this morning, i expect snow warnings for the above to come out either today or tomorrow for our region. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
6 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Aside from the ECM carcrash this morning, i expect snow warnings for the above to come out either today or tomorrow for our region. 

Agreed, I think this system is pretty well nailed on now and with even colder air tucking in behind it could be one of those rare events when rain turns to snow or stays as snow right through.

that would make a change from the default setting of a bit of snow that can’t wait to turn slushy as the mandatory warm sector moves in.

as for who sees the most snow, very much up for grabs but I would imagine the usual mountain areas, North Wales, Cumbria etc should get a few hours of heavy snow as the front passes through but hopefully everyone will join in the action.

Posted
15 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Reckon they'll be out with yellow snow ones tomorrow upgraded to amber by Monday,

Posted

Only just looked the models for the first time since yesterday and what a shocker! I hope the ECM doesn't get this right because it just looks changeable and not particularly wintry apart from Tuesday which still looks ok.

The gfs is the best looking of the bunch but even this one has added complications next week. It looks great in the distant FI but to be honest when next week is looking questionable then it is pointless looking further than that.

Let's hope it is a wobble and the cold spell gets nailed in future runs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Tuesday same old same old  for the coast and Fylde :oldmellow:

prectypeuktopo.thumb.png.6adc3115b6bb5aa744ef7a07e3969a6f.png

Saturday better when the Easterly kicks in :oldlaugh:

prectypeuktopovvvvvvvvvvvvvvv.thumb.png.777ed8118cece08cf0cf7d931d543faf.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

The 6z run is not as good as yesterdays. Well I'm off because I'm not bothered at all!! See you guys when the runs next time picking up the goods. :oldsmile:

Posted
17 minutes ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

Tuesday same old same old  for the coast and Fylde :oldmellow:

prectypeuktopo.thumb.png.6adc3115b6bb5aa744ef7a07e3969a6f.png

Saturday better when the Easterly kicks in :oldlaugh:

prectypeuktopovvvvvvvvvvvvvvv.thumb.png.777ed8118cece08cf0cf7d931d543faf.png

I wonder where most people in the model thread live - oh yes it's that gap of course it is...

Posted
2 hours ago, Day 10 said:

Oh Absoulty even the GFS 6z which in comparison to the last few days has totally car crashed there are plenty of snow oppertunities even in FI there is a cold NW delivering snow to our region in fact I would even say the GFS 6z was a good run for our region but I would get linched if I said that in the MOD thread looking forward to see if this trend continues this Evening

All Cushty as far as I am concerned 

C.S

Edited by cheshire snow
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Oh Absoulty even the GPS 6z which in comparison to the last few days has totally car crashed there are plenty of snow oppertunities even in FI there is a cold NW delivering snow to our region in fact I would even say the GPS 6z was a good run for our region but I would get linched if I said that in the MOD thread looking forward to see if this trend continues this Evening

C.S

Totally agree mate, the 6z run is actually better for our region in terms of snow chances. I still maintain this could be a very very good cold spell coming up and lasting well into Feb whichever way you look at it.

All eyes on Tuesday first ❄️

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Oh Absoulty even the GFS 6z which in comparison to the last few days has totally car crashed there are plenty of snow oppertunities even in FI there is a cold NW delivering snow to our region in fact I would even say the GFS 6z was a good run for our region but I would get linched if I said that in the MOD thread looking forward to see if this trend continues this Evening

C.S

The problem is timescales, we were staring down the barrell of reliable cold, now we're back to pining for FI charts to come off. Who's to say we won't get disappointing again?

Posted

Looks like a slight upgrade from the Meto for the west of the region this morning for Mon/Tues. At what point can we expect to see a significant upgrade? Tomorrow?

I see disappointment all round in the MOD thread with the ECM not playing ball again. I've never viewed easterly's as delivering the goods for much of our region away from the eastern side anyway? 

Posted
8 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

C.S

Hey pal hows it going? Had our first covering last night albeit a little patchy. 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, wrightc23 said:

Looks like a slight upgrade from the Meto for the west of the region this morning for Mon/Tues. At what point can we expect to see a significant upgrade? Tomorrow?

I see disappointment all round in the MOD thread with the ECM not playing ball again. I've never viewed easterly's as delivering the goods for much of our region away from the eastern side anyway? 

Backedge snow early Tuesday

66-574UK.thumb.GIF.a17ac7758618558ef5cb77c93e53ebfb.GIF69-574UK.thumb.GIF.adab114ed0248ef7e5341c02c389690e.GIF

Then plenty of snow showers

75-574UK.thumb.GIF.be995605683eedd4913c0d4dbdb54879.GIF78-574UK.thumb.GIF.f33732abcd7c31005101bdcdce1ff9e6.GIF81-574UK.thumb.GIF.7dd3564b140c00f2aa932e85cb520eb1.GIF84-574UK.thumb.GIF.bc6369ca1748d19fcad18c0af3141a03.GIF

Day 10

240-574UK.thumb.GIF.65eadfdf689160e7ae6597fa199dd5d9.GIF

What's not to like!

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Totally agree mate, the 6z run is actually better for our region in terms of snow chances. I still maintain this could be a very very good cold spell coming up and lasting well into Feb whichever way you look at it.

All eyes on Tuesday first ❄️

Yes mate Tuesday is looking fantastic for me that is were FI starts the models are having so many problems with the storm coming out of the US and trying to contend with SSW I think once the exact track of the US storm is sorted  we will start seeing the boom charts again.

C.S

• Like 1