Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
itsnowjoke

North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

Recommended Posts

Sleety wet snow on and off this afternoon, has enabled a thin slushy layer of snow to coat grass, roof, car park, pavement and car roof surfaces. Its not been heavy enough to produce a general cover - borderline situation, but pleasing to note, and bodes very well for next week.

Expecting to see a white snowy scene tomorrow morning on the fells.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some heavier radar returns supposedly heading here over the next few hours so might see some more flakes... temp has dropped back to freezing from 2/3c earlier.... cat and fiddle and road to Mac closed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

😱👀 just looking at the charts OMG, we're supposed to be setting off on a drive to Spain on 3rd Feb, could be adventurous ❄️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive been lurking these forums for the past 3 years and the charts still dont make sense to me. Anyone got a youtube video that kinda explains them a little?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, damianslaw said:

Sleety wet snow on and off this afternoon, has enabled a thin slushy layer of snow to coat grass, roof, car park, pavement and car roof surfaces. Its not been heavy enough to produce a general cover - borderline situation, but pleasing to note, and bodes very well for next week.

Expecting to see a white snowy scene tomorrow morning on the fells.

Same here in Ambleside mate!

I disagree that it bodes well for next week - I think the best we will get in our parts is 1 - 2 cm. If anything at all.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dizuke said:

Ive been lurking these forums for the past 3 years and the charts still dont make sense to me. Anyone got a youtube video that kinda explains them a little?

Welcome to the forum mate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barmada Casten said:

Same here in Ambleside mate!

I disagree that it bodes well for next week - I think the best we will get in our parts is 1 - 2 cm. If anything at all.....

I would remain very much optimistic, dewpoints, temperatures etc will be on the right side, just need some frontal activity, a trough to move through and there should be no problem at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, damianslaw said:

I would remain very much optimistic, dewpoints, temperatures etc will be on the right side, just need some frontal activity, a trough to move through and there should be no problem at all.

Hope your right mate but I am not optimistic at all, there certainly wont be any significant snowfall - perhaps just a touch of wintry-ness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Barmada Casten said:

Same here in Ambleside mate!

I disagree that it bodes well for next week - I think the best we will get in our parts is 1 - 2 cm. If anything at all.....

In Ambleside itself maybe. But as I said earlier in this thread you can literally go for a walk up Wansfell Pike (with a 482m elevation) and see more snow than many people in the North West have even a remote chance of seeing snow, even when many of the region would need to drive miles to see it. If you live in a town that's 74m above sea level you need to temper your expectations with regards to snow in the town itself, but complaining about that when you live in the hilliest and one of the snowiest general areas of the country is a bit ridiculous. 

 

One thing is for sure if you start reporting substantial snowfall next week the rest of us can rest easy and enjoy the fireworks.

Edited by Deep Snow please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

In Ambleside itself maybe. But as I said earlier in this thread you can literally go for a walk up Wansfell Pike (with a 482m elevation) and see more snow than many people in the North West have even a remote chance of seeing snow, even when many of the region would need to drive miles to see it. If you live in a town that's 74m above sea level you need to temper your expectations with regards to snow in the town itself, but complaining about that when you live in the hilliest and one of the snowiest general areas of the country is a bit ridiculous. 

 

One thing is for sure if you start reporting substantial snowfall next week the rest of us can rest easy and enjoy the fireworks.

Very true!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey folks. Hope you're all well!!! First post since last winter/spring. Was raining all afternoon but got out of the bath half hr ago to our first snow 🙂 very light dusting on the grass and virtually stopped. Looking forward to the coming weeks!!!! Should be fun. 

20190118_181443.jpg

20190118_181529.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if it starts snowing in my area give us shout as shut my curtains now can’t be bothered looking at the rain on the window 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, swainclubber said:

Hey folks. Hope you're all well!!! First post since last winter/spring. Was raining all afternoon but got out of the bath half hr ago to our first snow 🙂 very light dusting on the grass and virtually stopped. Looking forward to the coming weeks!!!! Should be fun. 

20190118_181443.jpg

20190118_181529.jpg

Welcome back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Welcome back 

Cheers buddy. Been a long wait!!! Keeps trying here,.just a lack of precip now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very heavy snow in Hadfield. Equivalent to a major fault at a pillow factory.

It's also settling 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderate snow here now. Not settling yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, swainclubber said:

Cheers buddy. Been a long wait!!! Keeps trying here,.just a lack of precip now 

Your telling me would just love to build a snowman 😩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dexter said:

Moderate snow here now. Not settling yet

Jealous 😩 but enjoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, itsnowjoke said:

Jealous 😩 but enjoy

Be coming your way soon as well I reckon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knew that’s all we needed more intensity now laying snow, snake closed now too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Your telling me would just love to build a snowman 😩

Haha wouldnt we all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Very heavy snow in Hadfield. Equivalent to a major fault at a pillow factory.

It's also settling 

Haha 😂❄️❄️❄️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...