North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MO update There is a small chance of a weather system approaching the northwest over the weekend, which could bring significant amounts of snow on meeting the cold air. However, this is still ver

A few pics of the stunning local snowfall

Off we go again with another snow chase. ?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, griff74 said:

But winter tyres would only be better than normal ones for a couple of days each winter, most of our winter months they would be worse. What we really need in this country is car manufacturers to stop fitting normal cars with summer performance tyres from new, all cars in the UK should come with all season tyres, if you want high performance ones for the summer you should have to buy them separately.

Lexus swap my “summer” tyres for my winter set for free on my 4x4, I just have to store the rubber when it’s not on the car, doesn’t  cost any more in the overall as tyres are only used for half the year. Can get pretty much anywhere in the ice and snow.  Winter tyres make a huge difference especially when going down hill and braking, you just don’t slip and slid and wonder whether the car is gonna stop. 

Edited by CuriousOAP
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, CuriousOAP said:

Lexus fit swap my “summer” tyres for my winter set for free on my 4x4, I just have to store the rubber when it’s not on the car, doesn’t  cost any more in the overall as tyres are only used for half the year. Can get pretty much anywhere in the ice and snow.  Winter tyres make a huge difference especially when going down hill and braking, you just don’t slip and slid and wonder whether the car is gonna stop. 

Boosts your confidence but you are still at the mercy of all those drivers in front who don't have the tyres or driving skills and block your path

• Haha 1

Surprise fall overnight, a shower which lasted albeit 30 mins has given a 2cm covering. Although its far from anything significant it is a pleasant surprise nevertheless.

Looks like I got this one wrong, but I am fairly certain that this will be all we will see in this location in terms of snowfall for the rest of the winter, with themps set to gradually rise and a return to westerly zonality heading into February.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Barmada_Casten said:

Surprise fall overnight, a shower which lasted albeit 30 mins has given a 2cm covering. Although its far from anything significant it is a pleasant surprise nevertheless.

Looks like I got this one wrong, but I am fairly certain that this will be all we will see in this location in terms of snowfall for the rest of the winter, with themps set to gradually rise and a return to westerly zonality heading into February.

Which models do you use to come to that forecast?