North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MO update There is a small chance of a weather system approaching the northwest over the weekend, which could bring significant amounts of snow on meeting the cold air. However, this is still ver

A few pics of the stunning local snowfall

Off we go again with another snow chase. ?

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Barmada_Casten said:

Cloud and dry here after a period of rain that was not worthy enough to be called sleet.

Disappointed as always but pretty chuffed I got this forecast nailed IMBY.

I don't think anyone expected you to get snow from the main band, snow from the showers tonight is your interest point. 

What's your elevation anyway?

Edited by Deep Snow please

Back home work... not the most thrilling of wintry days in the OL8 area of Oldham... although I expect it will be better up on higher ground.   We've had non stop snow but it's very wet and slushy...a covering in favoured places & the untreated side roads will become treacherously icy overnight. 

7 minutes ago, Wardlegacy said:

Best snow of the day so far, temp has started to drop now.

Same here. It was huge 50p flakes at lunch, but very wet snow. Now its moderate dry snow falling, things turning whiter! ?

• Like 1

I’m no longer feeling confident about later. I’m currently under a heavy shower behind the front and it’s still sleet. The snowflakes are really wet. The cold air is here now. And this is the best it can do 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1