Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

itsnowjoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, storms

Ice pellets falling in the rain here too ??

Edited by loubie_4

Posted

Ice pellets. A good sign this early, with temps expected to fall tonight. Although whether there'll be enough precip for any snow is another question.

Makes a nice change from drab rain and mild dross.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Hint of sleetiness in the rain now.

• Like 1

Posted

Well something snowy fell for a while as my velux was covered then there was as a rumble of thunder and it’s stopped now

Edited by shadowfax
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
29 minutes ago, shadowfax said:

Well something snowy fell for a while as my velux was covered then there was as a rumble of thunder and it’s stopped now

Yep a bit sleety on the windscreen coming home from work but it’s fine again now.

Only 3c now though so a good chance that anything that falls will be wintry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Heavy hail shower here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

12z rollercoaster has ppn to sea level 6am - odd day walking home with the Terriers seeing midges to a convective hail shower within the space of 10 minutes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
28 minutes ago, Miamay said:

Raining !!

Some things never change

• Like 1

Posted

Hail quite loud then very lumpy wet snow flakes with current shower 2c... first snowflakes I’ve seen at home in 2019... hoping for some snow on the ground within the next couple of weeks ❄️?

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Posted

A few rogue showers after this morning's rain.... nothing wintry here but the colder air has set in now & hopefully a frosty start tomorrow.  Friday's late rain/ sleet/ snow band will probably run out of steam to be anything noteworthy but hopefully next week we'll have a better chance of something more akin to the time of year. 

Posted

Hoping to see a bit of the white stuff on the fells tomorrow - but possibly no more than a dusting. Friday late afternoon/evening is one of those very fine borderline situations, the fells could see quite a decent fall, as the front will still have some oomph to it when it reaches Cumbria, the heavier it is, the increased risk of it falling down to very low levels around here at least - thanks to evaporative cooling. We could end up with some sleety wet stuff that tries to stick but fails, conversely we might see a decent few hours of constant snow which manages to settle easily giving an inch or so, or we might just see nothing. I suspect we will see some wet snow fall at least, whether it settles, lasts 5 minutes or 5 hours remains to be seen.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
7 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Hoping to see a bit of the white stuff on the fells tomorrow - but possibly no more than a dusting. Friday late afternoon/evening is one of those very fine borderline situations, the fells could see quite a decent fall, as the front will still have some oomph to it when it reaches Cumbria, the heavier it is, the increased risk of it falling down to very low levels around here at least - thanks to evaporative cooling. We could end up with some sleety wet stuff that tries to stick but fails, conversely we might see a decent few hours of constant snow which manages to settle easily giving an inch or so, or we might just see nothing. I suspect we will see some wet snow fall at least, whether it settles, lasts 5 minutes or 5 hours remains to be seen.

Next week looking interesting. I'm getting optimistic most of us in the region will see a significant snow event before the month is out. As ever time will tell.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Showers have been very wintry here too with hints of snowflakes in with the rain. Not even close to full on snow, but it’s a start! We haven’t seen proper lying snow here now in almost two years I believe. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

A dusting of snow/ graupel on the cars and grass this morning.

20190117_063907.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
36 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

A dusting of snow/ graupel on the cars and grass this morning.

20190117_063907.jpg

Yep first dusting of snow ❄️ this winter... lovely  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

My sister just messaged saying it’s snowing in Watford. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

As I suspected, temps conducive, precip gone. 

Edited by Chris.R

Posted

Really not much to get excited about as far as snow is concerned for this part of the NW (as usual) .... as soon as the post count in the MO thread picks up I don't even need to check that the so called beast from the east is back on the agenda and the usual "everyone will see a dumping from this" etc etc etc .....  you have to laugh.

Before i go back into my snowless hole .... it is a really cracking day here the endless grey murk has been replaced by clear blue skies and low temps, a refreshing change. 

Posted
14 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

I’d take this 06z run from gfs any day....34cm yes please...

5CAEB5AB-E9AE-4740-909C-3D3B09921173.jpeg

That empty area along the Blackpool coast. 

Ideal for here is that intensifying a bit so those blues cover the entire country, and help out our Welsh neighbours as well.

Posted
18 minutes ago, Snow free zone said:

Really not much to get excited about as far as snow is concerned for this part of the NW (as usual) .... as soon as the post count in the MO thread picks up I don't even need to check that the so called beast from the east is back on the agenda and the usual "everyone will see a dumping from this" etc etc etc .....  you have to laugh.

Before i go back into my snowless hole .... it is a really cracking day here the endless grey murk has been replaced by clear blue skies and low temps, a refreshing change. 

To be honest a potent enough Beast from the East could actually give us quite a dumping, but it would literally paralyse and bury the East of the country if it was that intense.