Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

itsnowjoke

Posted

Been a cold week, that's for sure... one thing that's got me thinking is how cold it's felt!! It's felt a lot COLDER than the temps have showed... I'm no weather XPERT, by a long chalk... but there feels a underlying COLD, which I can't explain... but the last time I felt the same thing was 2010 and 2007... I'm not saying for one minute we're going to get the same but the signals feel the same, time will tell... but I don't think it's going to be as mild as some or tv weather think and I think this be no more than little blip... here's to a decent winter or better lol...Ged

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
14 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Just back from Manchester, stunning sunset from high point of the 6 near 35 shame I couldn't photograph it as driving

Aye as we drove back up the M6 early afternoon it was quite a moody sky... But very clear, could see right through to scafell from that highpoint you mentioned! 

• Like 2

Posted

Our old friend the Atlantic returns this week and into next... already a storm Diana being named for Wednesday, doesn't exactly fill you with fear that one but it will ruffle a few leaves still hanging by a loose grip on the trees.  Cold block being pushed well out of Europe by the raging westerlies.  Winter will come no doubt, because I don't want to even think about suffering a mild,wet winter like 2015-16....we need a return of that Beasterly from last year.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, dodgeredee said:

Our old friend the Atlantic returns this week and into next... already a storm Diana being named for Wednesday, doesn't exactly fill you with fear that one but it will ruffle a few leaves still hanging by a loose grip on the trees.  Cold block being pushed well out of Europe by the raging westerlies.  Winter will come no doubt, because I don't want to even think about suffering a mild,wet winter like 2015-16....we need a return of that Beasterly from last year.

Can we expect the aftermath to be overblown beyond all proportions by the media.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Already 2.3 C and falling fast

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Just seen a gritter but as per usual around these parts it had plenty of flashing lights on the front but nothing coming out of the rear.

it is a bit on the coolish side though so I suppose it’s the thought that counts.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

1.7°C now and still falling.  I wonder if we will get the fourth  air frost of the autumn. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Heavy rain in Liverpool - sky is a funny yellow colour !

• Like 1

Posted

Well off to make my tea 

Well when i say make im having hotdogs fried onions and chats 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

I thought that but every so often a big gust appears from nowhere.

Heavy drizzle here and thoroughly miserable.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Rain showers - heavy at times. 

• Like 1