Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

itsnowjoke

Posted
58 minutes ago, Dkeane3 said:

Just thought this was interesting regarding Thursdays event

Screenshot_2019-01-28-16-01-20.png

Whilst true what it doesn't mention is that at least 1/3rd of those lines would have what I like to call 'snizzle', or light snow that whilst would accumulate, it would take some time to even build up a modest covering. Most keep the heaviest stuff further south broadly in a line from Liverpool-Hull. Be interesting to see where the 12z suite sit.

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Whilst true what it doesn't mention is that at least 1/3rd of those lines would have what I like to call 'snizzle', or light snow that whilst would accumulate, it would take some time to even build up a modest covering. Most keep the heaviest stuff further south broadly in a line from Liverpool-Hull. Be interesting to see where the 12z suite sit.

Hi Kold, hope alls well.

Im not really posting in the model thread at the moment as it was showing all the signs of IMBYism..

UKMO looks ever so slightly south if GFS for thur but there seems little in it, still time for it all to correct south i guess..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme events.

OK I'm at a loss here. what are snow prospects for my part of the region?

I am fearing my prediction may be right, set to miss out on significant snow again! That would be 6 years!

• Like 1

Posted

Yeah it looks like a fraction different on the pressure charts, but when the precip charts come through from the UKMO we will have a better idea of where the land lies up there.

Hopefully there will be a decent amount of snow for you guys on Tuesday and some decent showers on Wednesday as well IF the band doesn't quite make it, or it is weak.

Posted
Just now, kold weather said:

Yeah it looks like a fraction different on the pressure charts, but when the precip charts come through from the UKMO we will have a better idea of where the land lies up there.

Hopefully there will be a decent amount of snow for you guys on Tuesday and some decent showers on Wednesday as well IF the band doesn't quite make it, or it is weak.

Cheers-

TBH im non flustered about the thur low from my POV, the rain shadow will ensure its light and patchy here, and pretty much all Greater manchester..

I will be happy to get 2 or 3 cm tomorrow- i'm not greedy.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

I am fearing my prediction may be right, set to miss out on significant snow again! That would be 6 years!

I think cumbria will do very well personally

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
7 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

Tuesday afternoon your best chance i would say. 

I cant see that slider reaching this far north on Thursday/Friday.

Edited by I Cumbria Marra I

Posted
9 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

You're probably looking at trying to get something from showers rather than the main low, but it should be cold enough for it to fall as snow even at your low altitude and give a cm or so maybe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme events.

Sadly I am only expecting a meagre dusting from Tuesdays said 'event' and Thursdays low will definitely not reach this far, and if it does will not provide anything significant.

It is quite tragic that I haven't seen significant snowfall for 6 years now a lot of that owing to bad circumstances and being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Another poor and cruel winter for me.

I don't think I can handle another winter of watching everyone else get significant falls of snow while I get nothing, it is far to painful. Can't see myself logging in or posting much from now on so in the words of Dragons Den - "I'm out."

• Thanks 1

Posted

Icon, euro4 and arpege although only for fun really do dump on the nw of England with snow and snow showers...the uk fax charts look good with troughs being seen now closer to t0

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves
6 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

Sadly I am only expecting a meagre dusting from Tuesdays said 'event' and Thursdays low will definitely not reach this far, and if it does will not provide anything significant.

It is quite tragic that I haven't seen significant snowfall for 6 years now a lot of that owing to bad circumstances and being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Another poor and cruel winter for me.

I don't think I can handle another winter of watching everyone else get significant falls of snow while I get nothing, it is far to painful. Can't see myself logging in or posting much from now on so in the words of Dragons Den - "I'm out."

Don't go barmada.. Its nice to have someone in here who is even more pessimistic than me.... And that takes some doing. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

1cm and i'll be happy, PLEASE.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

where about in the region are you?

12 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

I can't help but cringe at posts like this unless you are under the age of say, 10? 

Adios. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
13 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

Posted
1 minute ago, Astral Goat Juice said:

I can't help but cringe at posts like this unless you are under the age of say, 10? 

Adios. 

Been on the forum since 2003 apparently, so definitely over the age of 10. 

Probably the best chance of decent snow in Ambleside for a while from the upcoming event anyway. As there is for much of our region. Tonight could start the suprises further south, but Cumbria looks in a good position tomorrow.

Posted

UKMO 12z btw keeps the snow line for Thursday roughly around the Liverpool-Hull line I've been talking about. Its basically identical to the 12z ICON. A little precip does get further north, but any snow would be increasingly light and patchy in nature.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Fax

PPVE89.thumb.gif.edd6393c54f93a70e52c9a1812f61982.gif

Looks like there's a couple of troughs behind the cold front, may be that will bring us coastal dwellers something.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

UKMO 12z btw keeps the snow line for Thursday roughly around the Liverpool-Hull line I've been talking about. Its basically identical to the 12z ICON. A little precip does get further north, but any snow would be increasingly light and patchy in nature.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

The Irish Sea is waking up now according to the radar.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 2