Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

itsnowjoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms
1 hour ago, Spah1 said:

BF3D2897-69EC-4ABB-B7C6-A6628A6BFD28.thumb.gif.da2c925c6f8b312330be462cd79dbc42.gif

looks like somewhere in the Midlands may get clobbered on Tuesday. 

This set up will cut off our showers too ☹️

I think that is the trough.

Icon shows the trough crossing the region on Tuesday.

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=53.70;-2.79;8&l=rain-3h&t=20190129/1500

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Do not understand the despondency this morn, next week still looks great to me in fact Tuesday is an upgrade with a good spell of snow. Will post proper thoughts later. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

I expect warnings may be issued later this morning. If so, I would imagine the warning for Tuesday may well cover a large extent of England and Wales with usual comment about uncertainty over the track of the low. We shall see. A really tricky few days to forecast that's for sure. 

Edited by Dexter

Posted

As long as there is some kind of westerly element to the wind i really cannot see the region missing out on the ppn. Granted some will get more showers than others but any westerly and most will get showers ....... but as usual with wind from the west we need it to be cold enough to produce snow.  I'd expect further adjustments to the track of the low as well. 

Posted

Latest fax shows cold front approaching the region in sub 528 dam air at midday Tuesday

20190127.0531.PPVJ89.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

It’s always amazed me how small the weather systems are on this side of the Atlantic compared to those that seem to hammer the West coast of the US and Canada every year.

over here we fight over 50 miles north, south, east and west and one area only seems to benefit at the expense of another but on the other side of the pond a single weather system will dump massive amounts of snow across hundreds of miles at the same time.

theres probably a scientific reason for it but it’s frustrating when all most of us want is a memorable countywide snow event.

Posted
1 minute ago, iand61 said:

It’s always amazed me how small the weather systems are on this side of the Atlantic compared to those that seem to hammer the West coast of the US and Canada every year.

over here we fight over 50 miles north, south, east and west and one area only seems to benefit at the expense of another but on the other side of the pond a single weather system will dump massive amounts of snow across hundreds of miles at the same time.

theres probably a scientific reason for it but it’s frustrating when all most of us want is a memorable countywide snow event.

That one's always baffled me as well.

I'd love the country to get hit by a low pressure system that covers the entirety of Great Britain and Northern Ireland with the same sort of intensity as a US storm. Really would be a memorable event. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
7 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

How nice would it be if for just once the low corrected north instead of south and gave us all a dumping  Let's hope.

Problem is there’s more posters down south and every one of them is sucking the system in their direction so unless they all sod off on holiday at the same time it’s heading south

Posted
3 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Problem is there’s more posters down south and every one of them is sucking the system in their direction so unless they all sod off on holiday at the same time it’s heading south

We are more than likely going to have endless talk of Southern 'corrections' over the next day or two in mod thread. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Dexter said:

We are more than likely going to have endless talk of Southern 'corrections' over the next day or two in mod thread. 

Yeah and Chanel 4 has already commissioned the latest episode of Britain’s Wildest Weather and we all know which regions will be playing the lead roles.

Posted
4 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Yeah and Chanel 4 has already commissioned the latest episode of Britain’s Wildest Weather and we all know which regions will be playing the lead roles.

The cumbrian floods were in that to be fair though weren't they?

Posted
8 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

The cumbrian floods were in that to be fair though weren't they?

Sorry my mistake, the series I was thinking of was about snow only.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
8 minutes ago, johnwirral said:

Weather warning out for East Midlands and South East for Tues and Wednesday, not sure we are going to get much out of this.

Jammy gits! everytime! "But were snow starved" try living here if your snow starved!

Posted

Morning guys - so much to keep track off.

Just going to focus on Tuesday and also stay in here for my sanity!

GFS

57-574UK.thumb.GIF.17913913fddb86c0525d8c2535fc4c52.GIF

UKMO

59912F28-0DA3-4A1B-9FAF-F94A8EBBCCF2.thumb.jpeg.01b48ef464f908e0ccfacaeedf0f108a.jpeg.b7cdd7c111a2985ca5f3687f7b7f1c9a.jpeg

ECM

190127_0000_60.thumb.png.130271ca0426e3108def41629bdc3200.pngEF45379F-218D-4288-B469-C9D950C69BBC.png.343881ed9b6f08a66b71f24b0eee041e.thumb.png.eb230fac38c7aec1d3420443872be53f.png

FAX

688049919_TUES1.thumb.png.9b3b7b96f1311d503a866047c4b41e31.png439057235_TUES2.thumb.png.a7519050cfd700adc99d075a79a80eb1.png

Low or no bloody low I still think we stand a good chance of snow.

MET

Wintry showers on Tuesday, with perhaps some more persistent snow overnight into Wednesday. Look at the updated faxes above all sorts of features passing through, what a headache!

As a side note Thursday could still see disruptive snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

@Day 10

Can you give me a link to the site of this chart please

190127_0000_60.webp

Posted

I will be amazed if further warnings for tues/weds/thurs aren't issued either today or tomorrow.

Posted
2 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

@Day 10

Can you give me a link to the site of this chart please

190127_0000_60.webp

I think it was a fax chart from net-weather as I can't open it myself.

Posted
22 minutes ago, johnwirral said:

Weather warning out for East Midlands and South East for Tues and Wednesday, not sure we are going to get much out of this.

It is at the very bottom end of the likeliness scale on the metoffice warning matrix, which illustrates the uncertainty. I wouldn't be surprised if the warning area shifts again tomorrow, most likely further South I would think. Would be great if it shifted north, but I think this is less likely.

Edited by Dexter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Official Weather UK

@_NorwichWeather

First Met Office #SNOW Warning has been issued this morning for Tuesday into Wednesday next week. Expect this warning zone to change on a couple of occasions between now & then - expand or reduced - and the expected amounts could alter too. Currently quoting a small risk of 10cm.

image.png

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

Looking like the usual frustration  on tuesday coming our way.. Not to worry though.. I'm fully used to this by now...I expect the same on Thursday. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)
3 minutes ago, chicken soup said:

Looking like the usual frustration  on tuesday coming our way.. Not to worry though.. I'm fully used to this by now...I expect the same on Thursday. 

Still time. I read the low hasn't developed yet. One question for somebody in the know, on the current trajectory can we still expect showers?