Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

itsnowjoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 minute ago, WillinGlossop said:

Going purely on netweather updated forecast 40cm snow next week for here... know next week is up in the air... will probably revert to 4cm hehe off to football ⚽️ in a bit..hopefully not too wet through by games end...

I hope you stay dry mate but, as a Burnley fan I hope you come away disappointed and able to concentrate on the others trophies you are still in for

i can’t see it though

• Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Going purely on netweather updated forecast 40cm snow next week for here... know next week is up in the air... will probably revert to 4cm hehe off to football ⚽️ in a bit..hopefully not too wet through by games end...

Netweather forecast has it snowing here from 6pm Monday until midnight on Wednesday, and then snow during the day on Thursday and Friday. Total accumulation well in excess of a foot!

Bring it on. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)
25 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

Netweather forecast has it snowing here from 6pm Monday until midnight on Wednesday, and then snow during the day on Thursday and Friday. Total accumulation well in excess of a foot!

Bring it on. 

Crikey. Best of luck:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
29 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

Bring it on. 

Which page has snow depths on? Haven’t seen it before. 

Posted
19 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Which page has snow depths on? Haven’t seen it before. 

There isn't. I was adding up the total amount of precipitation that is forecast to fall under snow symbols and assuming it all sticks (which is stupidly optimistic).  A waste of time, but fun nonetheless.

Obviously you change mm to cm to get your snow depth on the precip.

Edited by Deep Snow please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
45 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:
9 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

There isn't. I was adding up the total amount of precipitation that is forecast to fall under snow symbols and assuming it all sticks (which is stupidly optimistic).  A waste of time, but fun nonetheless.

Obviously you change mm to cm to get your snow depth on the precip.

Oh right I see. 

Posted

Metcheck which does have snow depths as a variable has me down for 19 cm by the end of Thursday. Not to be taken seriously though and they use their own custom model blend.  

Posted

Ha, if I put my actual postcode in I get that.

If I put "Blackburn" in I get a solitary 10cms on Thursday and sunshine and showers the rest of the week. My postcode is in Blackburn. Definitely not worth taking these seriously.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Met office computer forecasts are going for a dry day on Tuesday with a spot of light rain... usually they’re not too far off. They also go for dry Tuesday-Friday period. That’s quite worrying...

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Backtrack said:

Met office computer forecasts are going for a dry day on Tuesday with a spot of light rain... usually they’re not too far off. They also go for dry Tuesday-Friday period. That’s quite worrying...

Same for here. Has us down for a  dry cloudy day tues with w/sw winds. Im not sure about that low, they usually end up going south of here, liverpool/manchester area. Still not getting carried away with it all yet. 

Posted

Absolutely no way we are getting a dry day with a westerly flow, low pressure, and 500 MB temperatures down to -41°C.  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Just reading the other threads. Antalya Airport hit by multiple tornados, A few aircraft damage.

Bet Karyo is glad he went to Gran Canaria instead.

Edited by Had Worse

Posted

Oh dear a woeful mid winters Saturday - dark grey wet leaden skies, and early descent into dusk. Its around this time of year, many people begin to tire of the winter gloom, but thankfully its also around this time of year we turn a corner in terms of light levels - and very subtly there is a slight change in the feel of things - but this effect doesn't really become noticeable until mid February. This weekend and start of next week - marks the slump, and its then a slow crawl upwards through February before bursting hence forward come March!

Ruminations on January -

'Winter hardens the mind'

'As the days lengthen the cold strengthens' - very true..

A song by Pilot - 'January you've been hanging on me'.. I think it goes something like that.

Also I remember singing a song from infant school about January days being long, I'm sure it went something like that, but my memory is very hazy - meaning the month drags on and on, generally becoming gloomier as the month wears on.

Edited by damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Backtrack said:

1 hour ago, Snow free zone said:

Same for here. Has us down for a  dry cloudy day tues with w/sw winds. Im not sure about that low, they usually end up going south of here, liverpool/manchester area. Still not getting carried away with it all yet. 

Apps are a complete an utter waste of space especially forecasting snow, not once last week did they show snow here when in reality plenty of snow showers fell. I don't know why people bother with them.

Edited by Day 10
  • Like 1

Posted

The icon now picking up a nice trough feature Tues eve - all snow.

iconeu_uk1-1-77-0.thumb.png.be7ec974d94d5d444032b68f86188309.png

• Like 1

Posted

There are so many features on the menu, they need a Letter or number to distinguish them from each other. 

Posted

Monday has wintry showers, possible snow for inland hilly areas as the real cold doesn't kick in til late Mon early Tues.

• Like 1

Posted

Charts looking interesting... lots of troughs etc... will be good to get features into the t24 timeframe... hoping for a snow fest but keeping feet on the ground

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

C0358937-8130-4147-AF2C-0BBDC1466D45.thumb.gif.c687961c08694790314e722778779dd6.gif

Here we go boys. 

Strap yourselves in it’s going to be a bumpy ride! 

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Charts looking interesting... lots of troughs etc... will be good to get features into the t24 timeframe... hoping for a snow fest but keeping feet on the ground

Yes mate from late Mon snow chances galore through the week. Models don't agree even at day 3! Fascinating stuff.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme events.

Looking at synoptic and going from past experience I am not expecting anything significant at all here to lower levels, maybe slight dusting if lucky like Wednesday just gone The usual suspects at higher ground in the region will do well as ever.

Got a very good accuracy rate with my predictions so I am confident on this one.

*Pleaser note this is for my location*

Posted
27 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

UKMO a stonker.  GFS less so because of much deeper low on Thursday.  Big differences but one common factor, it aint gonna be warm.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
1 hour ago, Day 10 said:

ICON - Heavy snow thurs!!!!

iconeu_uk1-1-120-0.thumb.png.3e52ad1e7ef7d8af847e64623b464087.png

Looks great. Every setup different obviously, but don't we often see these lows track further and further South nearer the time? It may not be the case of worrying whether it is snow or rain, it may end up bone dry! Some cracking outputs being shown at the moment though. Keep posting them.

Edited by Dexter
  • Like 1