Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

itsnowjoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
1 minute ago, captaincroc said:

Yeah, last March having -3c and gale for gusts was without doubt the coldest I have ever felt outside.  To the point it actually scared me as went for a walk and really started to feel unwell so turned back. Amazing to experience though.

Nothing as bad on the Fylde from that E  - Cold - but until you experience water bottles IN a padded rucksack freezing to slush in Rime Ice 3k asl on Helvellyn 7am that is Colddd.

Mind - we were in the freezing rain a few weeks back in Ambleside and I felt that was worse or maybe i'm a bit older now? :oldmellow:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Not getting my hopes up again till its falling out the sky, so many let downs over the years, I've become very pessimistic about the prospects of snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme cold, hot sunny summer's and autumn storms
3 hours ago, Snow free zone said:

Well it didn't last year and i see nothing that suggests even anything remotley different for this winter ... perfectly illustrated by the fantasy chart posted above

Its impossible to say who's not going to get it. BFTE last yr i got 2/3cm not much i know, but @Day 10 got nothing and he's only 20min up the rd from me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Without a doubt direct easterly winds and north easterlies are the best for snow here in the east of the region. We got a fair dumping in Feb/March last year and I'm at a modest right of 300 feet with some decent drifts off the fields. North westerlies are ok but it's that sort of transient slushy stuff most of the time, good for building snowmen though. Unless there's troughs or a Polar low northerlies just bring sunny frosty weather here because we're sheltered with all the land to the north. Northerlies benefit northern facing coasts.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Uppers look conjusive but thickness looks marginal to say the least ,it's just not cold enough for  western coasts ,wasted dreaming I'm afraid

Not sure - Cumbria seems to be getting a bit excited :shok:

prectypeuktopo.thumb.png.67e2bdec574c5cc60686a93d8e774432.png

Posted

12z Tuesday - away from the coasts of course.......

uksnowrisk.thumb.png.86a4a92ef63929ac683e5aa0b70e2231.png

Posted

I'd forgotten the gale force event last winter. Was one of the more unique events i've seen, it snowed a lot but most of it pretty well blew past the window and what did settle clumped against a wall. Was absolutely freezing though.

The earlier events last year that saw a good few inches of level settling snow were far preferable. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

It is a Mad House in the model thread atm. I don't if its a good run or not. I guess it is benefitting from where the members live.

Posted
5 minutes ago, pip22 said:

It is a Mad House in the model thread atm. I don't if its a good run or not. I guess it is benefitting from where the members live.

Yup. Can't see locations on phone though which don't help.

The bigger issue is people throwing downgrade around as though it's a killer. 6z was so insane downgrade means normal cold spell.

Tomorrow offers a realistic chance of snow round here which is worth listening. Tues is too far away to worry about.

Posted
35 minutes ago, pip22 said:

delete cant be bothered.

Edited by northwestsnow
  • Like 2

Posted

the forecast for here has upgraded for tomorrow which is as far as I’m looking.... love the weather and model watching it’s usually swings and roundabouts with winter weather in this country... that’s what makes it such a popular hobby... hoping for a bit of a snowy Friday but we shall see...got to 1c here today...only a dusting to a cm but snow has stayed all day...it was only -2c max in Buxton...surprising ice day there... 

Just now, WillinGlossop said:

the forecast for here has upgraded for tomorrow which is as far as I’m looking.... love the weather and model watching it’s usually swings and roundabouts with winter weather in this country... that’s what makes it such a popular hobby... hoping for a bit of a snowy Friday but we shall see...got to 1c here today...only a dusting to a cm but snow has stayed all day...it was only -2c max in Buxton...surprising ice day there... 

That's exactly  it 6c at noon today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Friday - Pretty meh

589371926_Screenshot_2019-01-17LiverpoolAirport-BBCWeather.png.f87cb68db112766cb81d269720cc9a50.png

But Tues/Weds looking better as it stands

Tuesday

10520786_Screenshot_2019-01-17LiverpoolAirport-BBCWeather(1).png.c21422e46ff4970e8db81510f3378ead.png659231010_Screenshot_2019-01-17LiverpoolAirport-BBCWeather(2).png.cd1055ff20ae602ed23105d4b940c6a9.png

Wednesday

1506483681_Screenshot_2019-01-17LiverpoolAirport-BBCWeather(3).png.5ad35b624ff1e41dcb1f4f72bc4f368f.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of all kinds, natural disasters and catastrophes.

Just thought I'd pop in and add my thoughts....

After years and years of constant let downs and disappointments I am expecting nothing at all here in the Lake District.

What happened to me last year will never ever leave me.