Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

itsnowjoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme cold, hot sunny summer's and autumn storms
1 hour ago, Paul Faulkner said:

BBC Now showing snow showers and lower temperatures moving in from Friday in places.

Good to hear. 'Hopfully the start to something memorable . But were i am (wirral peninsula) it does take something to get a good dumping of snow

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Absolutely stunned and saddened to hear about Dianne Oxbury ,I really liked her ,she certainly knew more about the weather than other local presenters and had a wicked sense of humour,my thoughts go out to her family x

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

On the positive front I'm off to the pacific coast of Mexico tomorrow morning for 2 weeks ,so no doubt i'll be enjoying tropical sunshine,warm seas and a few tequilas amongst other things...hope you all get the cold you crave whilst i'm away , save some for my return though 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
56 minutes ago, Minnizi said:

Good to hear. 'Hopfully the start to something memorable . But were i am (wirral peninsula) it does take something to get a good dumping of snow

It certainly does, now you are on here get used to many letdowns while others jump for joy. Having said that, I fancy our chances this Winter despite the first half being boring as hell.

Edited by Day 10

Posted
56 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

It certainly does, now you are on here get used to many letdowns while others jump for joy. Having said that, I fancy our chances this Winter despite the first half being boring as hell.

Oh the letdowns. I remember them from last winter. What have learnt is not to take each run as gospel.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Minnizi said:

Oh the letdowns. I remember them from last winter. What have learnt is not to take each run as gospel.

Do you remember the sliders last year? All just missed and with 1 such slider agonisingly close skimming the more southern parts of the Wirral, nothing here but 10 mins away couple of inches from Clatterbridge and further on.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

RIP Dianne awful news  xx

Out of respect nothing else to say

C.S

• Like 2

Posted
34 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Do you remember the sliders last year? All just missed and with 1 such slider agonisingly close skimming the more southern parts of the Wirral, nothing here but 10 mins away couple of inches from Clatterbridge and further on.

I do yeah. I got the couple of inches20180227_064732.thumb.jpg.081eccca67b48c757419e4def9efcb8f.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

RIP Diane

As others have said, she got a bit of light hearted stick on here due to her mild ramping but in most cases she ended up being proved right and when snow was definitely on the cards she had the cheeky smile that makes you think she did actually like a bit of the white stuff.

to me she was like a non posting member of this thread and I for one will miss here on the television.

• Like 5

Posted
33 minutes ago, Minnizi said:

I do yeah. I got the couple of inches20180227_064732.thumb.jpg.081eccca67b48c757419e4def9efcb8f.jpg

Boooooo lol

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Spurry said:

On the positive front I'm off to the pacific coast of Mexico tomorrow morning for 2 weeks ,so no doubt i'll be enjoying tropical sunshine,warm seas and a few tequilas amongst other things...hope you all get the cold you crave whilst i'm away , save some for my return though 

I can't guarantee we will save any for you, speaking for myself I am greedy. Have a great holiday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
3 hours ago, Spurry said:

Enjoy mate.

there were a couple of bars on the sea front selling bottles of Corona at a dollar a time.

we only stopped off for a couple of days on a cruise, it would have been a matter of hours but for some essential maintenance but I liked the place and for any scouse visitors feeling homesick it has a large shopping mall near the cruise terminal called Liverpool.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

So shocked this morning to hear of Dianne, I can’t get over it. She will be sorely missed

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, James M said:

So shocked this morning to hear of Dianne, I can’t get over it. She will be sorely missed

I've not graced these NorthWest forum for a while but had to come here to say how genuinely upset I am.  I have grown up with Dianne and yes she got a bit of stick but I've felt sad all day like I knew her, as in some ways I have. Especially loving the weather I watched a lot when I was younger and she was 'our' local weather forecaster. So so sad. :( :( :(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

All the more shocking is that apparently this was a short illness. And it took over pretty quickly. My sister had breast cancer but luckily she beat it and is fine. She had chemo lost her hair but that was 3 years ago and touch wood she is leading a normal life again cancer free.

• Like 1

Posted

Absolutely horrid news about Diane, came out of nowhere as well sobering. Many of us will have joked about her mild ramping but that's all it was joking, she was a great weather forecaster and a familiar face to many of us. Cancer really is a horrid disease, wouldn't inflict on my worst enemies.

Thoughts are with her family.

Edited by Deep Snow please

Posted

A dark mid winters day today - indeed! Low blanket cloud and dark grey skies, very low light levels - a quick descent into dusk looks likely, which all adds to that mid-winter gloomy sleeping state that tends to pervade the overall feel of things at this time of year.

Its also another mild Saturday - fourth mild weekend on the trot, next weekend promises much different fayre - winter proper on its way.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

That's a prospect to look forward to.

• Like 2

Posted

Can’t speak for others but up here the last 24 hours have been awful with strong gusty winds and continuous drizzle and at times heavier rain.

it really is depressing stuff, especially given that anything remotely cold and more seasonal is continually at least a week to ten days away.

personally i’m struggling to think of a period of more turgid non discript weather than what we have had for the last couple of months.

role on summer☹️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hi all

Are we going to get any snow this winter in the northwest or what?

I feel like I’ve been viewing the models and model thread for months and I miss taking a break from that to concentrate on nowcast snow events in here

I see potential for next weekend onwards, please let it deliver!!

• Like 1