Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

itsnowjoke

Posted
11 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

You been kicked out again? 

You got any spare blankets brrrrrr

Posted
5 hours ago, itsnowjoke said:

9c here feels colder grey and miserable 

Its the dankness which adds to the general chill feel, despite temps being appreciably above the seasonal average. A bit of sun would make the world of difference. The current synoptics at this time of year spell misery for SAD sufferers - we really need sunshine at this time of year. Alas combined with absolute low levels of light - it makes for very miserable conditions - thank goodness for christmas lights to cheer things up.

I don't see any sunshine this side of 2019 now, that will mean 6, possibly 7 sunless days.. a change in the orientation of the high is needed to bring some cleaner drier air, and hopefully come the 2nd we will get some. 

No wonder many people start booking there summer holidays at this time of year!

Oh to think of those long sunny days in May and June!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
9 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

You got any spare blankets brrrrrr

Will send some up on the train, what station you at? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
5 hours ago, iand61 said:

Nice, we did the Pacific coast of Mexico on a cruise a couple of years ago.

it seemed hotter than the Cacun side but the Corona was just as cold and a bit cheaper.

Great to hear, can't wait ,2 weeks AI in Puerto Vallerta...driest time of the year and temps 27-30c expected

Posted
2 hours ago, Day 10 said:

Will send some up on the train, what station you at? 

Manchester piccadilly

Posted

Had to beg to get there but I have a scruffy dog so that helps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Just come back from Tenerife and no snow on the ground. Whats going on?! If its Bartlett High I'm gonna throw up!! :bad:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms
On 21/12/2018 at 11:33, Backtrack said:

Winter Solstice and this thread gets less than one post per day. Horrible outlook too. Looks like it's gonna be well into January before we even see the potential for some colder weather trickling through.

I'd take a nice mild high if we can't get cold. We seem to be stuck in a major rut currently. I can't even remember what the sun and blue skies look like!!

This? I took that myself. 8)

IMG_1543.JPG

• Like 3

Posted

I had a dust storm on Christmas Eve morning then it cleared up and on Xmas Day it was beautiful with clear blue skies in Tenerife, which I taken a picture above. At least I had a nice Xmas weather abroad! :santa-emoji:

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted

It turned into a half decent day, not expected, but very welcome bright skies and sunshine this afternoon, and temperatures took a bit of a fall, so it at least felt a bit more seasonal.

The rest of 2018 will stay very mild though, and most probably cloudy as we see a long moist fetch off the atlantic. 2019 promises to start off on a much more brighter and colder note.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Aahhh here we go. Finally, some colder weather on the cards. Sunny and cold by day with harsh frosts at night. This is what I’ve been looking for to make up for the endless gloom we’ve been having lately. 

Roll on tuesday so the Northerly winds can whiz away this murk we’ve been plagued with the past 6 weeks. 

• Like 2

Just now, Backtrack said:

Aahhh here we go. Finally, some colder weather on the cards. Sunny and cold by day with harsh frosts at night. This is what I’ve been looking for to make up for the endless gloom we’ve been having lately. 

Roll on tuesday so the Northerly winds can whiz away this murk we’ve been plagued with the past 6 weeks. 

As we have ssw event going on cold be a few weeks of at least cold crisp weather ,nice and seasonal

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

As we have ssw event going on cold be a few weeks of at least cold crisp weather ,nice and seasonal

My expectations are much beyond just cold and crisp with a strong SSW! Just waiting for the PV to properly disrupt and spill that bitterly cold air all over the NH. Hopefully it has the UK in its sights just like last year. 

We we have a husky puppy, I’d like her to see the snow! Usually, I’d just go and drive up to the hills/mountains to find some. But even they don’t have any!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Backtrack said:

My expectations are much beyond just cold and crisp with a strong SSW! Just waiting for the PV to properly disrupt and spill that bitterly cold air all over the NH. Hopefully it has the UK in its sights just like last year. 

We we have a husky puppy, I’d like her to see the snow! Usually, I’d just go and drive up to the hills/mountains to find some. But even they don’t have any!

Lol, I admire your enthusiasm, last year didn't deliver here

Posted

Can't complain about the weather at the moment,  at least it is much drier than previous weeks and I don't have to worry about my fingers and toes freezing when i cycle to work. 

Mornings have pretty much reached peak darkness now as well as evenings so the countdown to Spring has begun in my mind. 

• Like 2

Posted

Incessant drizzle, the kind that doesn't show up much on the radar but can get you feeling damp very quickly if your out in it.  Very low light levels, put your cameras away, no award winning pics being taken today.  High pressure's in a poor position at the moment, hopefully it will maneuver more 'winter' appropriate in the next few weeks.

Posted

Not so fun fact of today:

if you wanted to see the sun today, you’d have to travel to either Finland, or Northern Spain. Looking at SAT24, everywhere else closer to home has 100% cloudcover. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Have a good one everyone xCD8E71BD-E5B1-41D6-A6D1-B94E7AC5F12E.thumb.gif.7dd06659933183d1832119388ba48562.gif

• Thanks 2

Posted

Well I feel rough as and I’ve got a roast beef lunch to cook 

Happy New Year To one and all 

• Like 1