Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

itsnowjoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Winter Solstice and this thread gets less than one post per day. Horrible outlook too. Looks like it's gonna be well into January before we even see the potential for some colder weather trickling through.

I'd take a nice mild high if we can't get cold. We seem to be stuck in a major rut currently. I can't even remember what the sun and blue skies look like!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Indeed. Certainly been a rotten dull day with low light levels. Not a day to fill most folk with energy and vigor. Hopefully the sun will show it's self soon. The sun can however disappear once the snow comes 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 hours ago, Backtrack said:

Winter Solstice and this thread gets less than one post per day. Horrible outlook too. Looks like it's gonna be well into January before we even see the potential for some colder weather trickling through.

I'd take a nice mild high if we can't get cold. We seem to be stuck in a major rut currently. I can't even remember what the sun and blue skies look like!!

mild high though will be sunless?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Is anyone else wondering how bad tomorrow is going to be if this is the “better” day of the weekend.

absolutely peeeeeeing down here.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Is anyone else wondering how bad tomorrow is going to be if this is the “better” day of the weekend.

absolutely peeeeeeing down here.

Tell me about it... I'm sure the shnafanaker guy said a few days ago that Saturday would be a dry and maybe even sunny day of the weekend.... constant stream of showers after another here....Sunday will just cap off a very poor lead-up to Christmas for doing anything outdoors.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Just seen the forecast and it showed a narrow shower stream coming in off the Irish Sea right across our part of the region.

if it had been snow we’d have had a decent covering by now but then again, no doubt the stream would then have had someone else’s name on it.

thankfully the weather map did show it clearing through late morning so we live in hope.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Posted

Still raining☹️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
18 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Just want it to stop its the most disgusting weather imaginable

Next Sunday looking very wet on GFS, not on EC though, just hope EC dosen't trend towards GFS

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Next Sunday looking very wet on GFS, not on EC though, just hope EC dosen't trend towards GFS

Dry before then.. i dont mind the odd wet day but Dec has been , on the whole, disgusting

Edited by northwestsnow
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
5 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

Just want it to stop its the most disgusting weather imaginable

Good to cabin up though! :oldgood:

Posted

A bit more seasonal this morning with the wet from two days of pretty much constant rain forming ice on the car that put last weekends effort to shame.

anyway at least it’s stopped raining and with the sun out, not a bad day and if no snow is on offer then i’ll certainly take a bit of frost over rain, rain and more rain.

I’ll probably still be popping in here a bit over the next few days but in the meantime, can I wish all fellow members a Merry Christmas and hope you get all you wish for, unless it’s snow and then i’m sure your going to be disappointed.

• Like 1

Posted

Merry Christmas all NWsterners! Trying to not make typos because of one too many beers  I have a feeling this Winter will be like 2012-2013 and have a decent middle and end. Xmas 2012 was non descript like this and then the change began mid Jan.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper Seasons,lots of frost and snow October to April, hot summers!
7 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Merry Christmas all NWsterners! Trying to not make typos because of one too many beers  I have a feeling this Winter will be like 2012-2013 and have a decent middle and end. Xmas 2012 was non descript like this and then the change began mid Jan.

@Frost HoIIow Merry Christmas to you and your family, and all he best for 2019.

Unfortunately I cannot see a winter as cold as that of 2012/2013 developing. The SSW over the high Arctic is not as intense whilst Europe is too warm. Canada/ Greenland very cold but north Atlantic warmer than usual overall- plenty for strong baroclinicity to drive deep Atlantic depressions past Iceland for the remainder of the winter. QBO turning Westerly again is not a good sign either. There will be a couple of cold spells in late January/ February but nothing out of the ordinary nor lasting more than a few days at a time.  

Edited by iapennell
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper Seasons,lots of frost and snow October to April, hot summers!
On 18/12/2018 at 19:00, itsnowjoke said:

Well all very festive here the family feuds already underway

Sadly that is true!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Merry xmas everybody.

I thought id be waking up to white roofs and grass curtesy of a frost. Alas, the cloud cover has crept in and all the frozen cars and frost have disappeared

• Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, iapennell said:

Unfortunately I cannot see a winter as cold as that of 2012/2013 developing. The SSW over the high Arctic is not as intense whilst Europe is too warm. Canada/ Greenland very cold but north Atlantic warmer than usual overall- plenty for strong baroclinicity to drive deep Atlantic depressions past Iceland for the remainder of the winter. QBO turning Westerly again is not a good sign either. There will be a couple of cold spells in late January/ February but nothing out of the ordinary nor lasting more than a few days at a time.  

Thanks Ian great to see your input on here again. Your views much appreciated.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Merry Christmas to you all, have a fantastic day!   

• Like 3

Posted
7 hours ago, Had Worse said:

Merry xmas everybody.

I thought id be waking up to white roofs and grass curtesy of a frost. Alas, the cloud cover has crept in and all the frozen cars and frost have disappeared

Same here, everything was white when we walked up to the pub last night, a couple of hours later staggering back it was just damp and misty.

Woke up now and it’s thick fog so although seasonal, it’s hardly festive.

Posted
8 hours ago, iapennell said:

Nice to see you posting again. Thought you had gone for good. So your going against the METO and their forecast of much colder weather from mid jan. Place your bets folks