Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

itsnowjoke

Posted

Max gust of 47mph in Buxton early this morning, more noticeable was the squall and ongoing temperature drop of -2'c p/h as it passed over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Horrible couple of days.

i can’t wait until I can see the back garden in the daylight and whether the annual expense in new panels has started early

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Dreadful day. Windy with heavy showers. Can still hear the wind gusting outside at times. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Oh yes the sad reaction is back. Wish we had the haha and  confused ones as well, a bit negative just having the sad one lol. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Nowt much to say about the weather other than it’s crap but just realised that it’s 10 years today since I joined Netweather.

any excuse to open a bottle of red I suppose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Nowt much to say about the weather other than it’s crap but just realised that it’s 10 years today since I joined Netweather.

any excuse to open a bottle of red I suppose.

Feb 09 for me ,but I'm more popular   happy 10th  anniversary  bud 

Edited by Mokidugway
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Feb 09 for me ,but I'm more popular   happy 10th  anniversary  bud 

I and you’ve had nearly 13000 more things to say

for me, living with two women it’s understandable I struggle to get a word in.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

I live with one ,more than enough   ps are you a Mormon ??

Thought I could have worded that a bit better.

Ones enough for me as well, the other one keeps threatening to get a place of her own but knows that there’s a big difference between paying a bit of board and a lot of mortgage.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Thought I could have worded that a bit better.

Ones enough for me as well, the other one keeps threatening to get a place of her own but knows that there’s a big difference between paying a bit of board and a lot of mortgage.

Ha , I see ,I was lucky and sent mine to uni only one daughter and 4 son's, lol

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

Ha , I see ,I was lucky and sent mine to uni only one daughter and 4 son's, lol

Oh she’s done the uni bit, graduated and is well into her career now but I don’t blame her for not rushing into her own place.

i wouldn’t like to start on the property ladder with prices like they are now

• Like 1

Just now, iand61 said:

Oh she’s done the uni bit, graduated and is well into her career now but I don’t blame her for not rushing into her own place.

i wouldn’t like to start on the property ladder with prices like they are now

Agreed  my daughter livers in Chorlton  they've  bought their first house at an eye watering 350 k  

Posted
1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

Agreed  my daughter livers in Chorlton  they've  bought their first house at an eye watering 350 k  

Our first one was £13500, only a 2 bed terrace and it was in 1985 but for about 4K more we could have had a 3 bed semi.

how times have changed although we did sell it less than 4 years later for almost 30k so looking back we must have bought just at the right time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Our first one was £13500, only a 2 bed terrace and it was in 1985 but for about 4K more we could have had a 3 bed semi.

how times have changed although we did sell it less than 4 years later for almost 30k so looking back we must have bought just at the right time.

Its mad  the prices of property bought mine in 2006 for 200 k pretty derelict   spent a lot on it probs 800 k now    easy money the passing of time ,lol

Posted
11 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Its mad  the prices of property bought mine in 2006 for 200 k pretty derelict   spent a lot on it probs 800 k now    easy money the passing of time ,lol

It must be a decent place mate.

We’re not in that league by a long way but the house we bought 23 years ago for 40k  is now paid off so whatever it’s worth is now all ours.

also it’s hopefully got the added retirement bonus of a back garden big enough to stick a decent size property on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iand61 said:

It must be a decent place mate.

We’re not in that league by a long way but the house we bought 23 years ago for 40k  is now paid off so whatever it’s worth is now all ours.

also it’s hopefully got the added retirement bonus of a back garden big enough to stick a decent size property on.

Its near ulverston  an old farm house with house attached now joined an anexe  and  random buildings  I've spent close to 200 k on renovation been graft but nearly there now

Posted
Just now, Mokidugway said:

Its near ulverston  an old farm house with house attached now joined an anexe  and  random buildings  I've spent close to 200 k on renovation been graft but nearly there now

Sounds nice and a decent part of the world.

i always fancied getting hold of an old farm property and doing it up but but most have been snapped up around these parts and what’s left go for an absolute fortune now.

Just now, iand61 said:

Sounds nice and a decent part of the world.

i always fancied getting hold of an old farm property and doing it up but but most have been snapped up around these parts and what’s left go for an absolute fortune now.

Must admit I was lucky to get it ie family owned  and  a private sale ,highly desirable  anywhere in UK now

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Must admit I was lucky to get it ie family owned  and  a private sale ,highly desirable  anywhere in UK now

Being only 20 miles from Manchester and up in the hills,  most around here were bought by the “a place in the country” set long before the programme ever started although in fairness, some have been turned into beautiful looking homes.

5 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Being only 20 miles from Manchester and up in the hills,  most around here were bought by the “a place in the country” set long before the programme ever started although in fairness, some have been turned into beautiful looking homes.

Its nice around there  ,good links to the city

Posted
10 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Its nice around there  ,good links to the city

Aye from here it’s downhill all the way, even the stream at the bottom of my garden ends up in Manchester.

Just a shame I can’t go by canoe as the M66 is a nightmare most of the time.