Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

itsnowjoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Passable weather this afternoon with sunny conditions and my hands didn't get cold while riding bike to friend's home despite it being breezy.  Nothing like it was on Sunday when I suffered cold hands (now on beta-blocker but have always suffered from cold hands even as a child).  Looks like it'll be cloudy tonight so probably nowhere as cold and the breeze seems to have dropped.

Posted

20C and sunny today. Not ready to let go of this warm weather. That can happen after the clocks go back. I see people getting excited at a possible easterly or northerly. I don't think they realise that means 8C and rain at this time of year, not snow. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Poor day here considering the forecast.

dry throughout but with wall to wall cloud and only a few minutes of sun at one stage late afternoon it felt cool and certainly not the warmth I was hoping for.

never mind there’s always jam tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

Poor day here considering the forecast.

dry throughout but with wall to wall cloud and only a few minutes of sun at one stage late afternoon it felt cool and certainly not the warmth I was hoping for.

never mind there’s always jam tomorrow.

Complete opposite here wall to wall Sunshine and temperature of 22c felt great.

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

We seemed to be on the periphery here. Some dull periods mixed with sun.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Its been a cloudy and cool day here. Hopefully nicer tommorrow.

Posted

Long sunny intervals so I was able to sit out in the garden topless and top up my Vit D3.  Suspect it'll be monthly sunlamp sessions then until next April and have to control my mood as we're approaching SAD territory.  Not looking forward to the next Arctic blast forecast for the weekend.

Posted

Even warmer this afternoon, more sunbathing under a cloudless sky.  Now turned cloudy, no doubt the cold front that's bringing a sharp drop in temp. tomorrow.  Bit more of a breeze then Wednesday, noticeable while riding my e-bike in shorts and string vest.  I think we made 21C.

• Like 2

Posted
20 minutes ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

Even warmer this afternoon, more sunbathing under a cloudless sky.  Now turned cloudy, no doubt the cold front that's bringing a sharp drop in temp. tomorrow.  Bit more of a breeze then Wednesday, noticeable while riding my e-bike in shorts and string vest.  I think we made 21C.

Are those e-bikes any good? Thinking if getting one. Supposed to be good for going up hills.

• Like 1

Posted
34 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Are those e-bikes any good? Thinking if getting one. Supposed to be good for going up hills.

I've got two, as my motorcycling days seem to be over.  Heart failure means I don't have the stamina to pedal a standard bike. Both of mine are a bit naughty as both are "Power on Demand" with motorcycle-style twistgrip "throttles", with pedelecs the motor only runs as long as you are turning the pedals but a lot of e-bike riders have the same type as mine.  Power is still limited to 250W and max. assisted speed 25km hr or 15.5mph, should you exceed that speed the motor shuts down.  Decathlon do one for about £700, my Rich Bit cost £1300.

The Rich Bit has 21 speed dérailleur gears so can be ridden as a conventional albeit heavy mountain bike. Alloy frame and magnesium wheels. The 36v LiIon battery is inside the frame, it's a folder so folding the frame gives access to the battery although charging is via a socket on the frame.

rich bit 860.jpg

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete
  • Like 4

Posted
On 25/09/2018 at 15:51, Mokidugway said:

Think youve used a years worth of laughing crying faces

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

I've got two, as my motorcycling days seem to be over.  Heart failure means I don't have the stamina to pedal a standard bike. Both of mine are a bit naughty as both are "Power on Demand" with motorcycle-style twistgrip "throttles", with pedelecs the motor only runs as long as you are turning the pedals but a lot of e-bike riders have the same type as mine.  Power is still limited to 250W and max. assisted speed 25km hr or 15.5mph, should you exceed that speed the motor shuts down.  Decathlon do one for about £700, my Rich Bit cost £1300.

The Rich Bit has 21 speed dérailleur gears so can be ridden as a conventional albeit heavy mountain bike. Alloy frame and magnesium wheels. The 36v LiIon battery is inside the frame, it's a folder so folding the frame gives access to the battery although charging is via a socket on the frame.

rich bit 860.jpg

Think il stick with my Ducati

• Like 1

Posted

Long sunny periods today but only about 14C rather than 21C yesterday and the day feels cold.  Suspect tonight will be even colder than recent nights, possibly even frosty?  Currently clear and calm.

• Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

On forest gin should be well p I see d soon

Strong stuff is gin, so much so I black out and next thing I know I wake up in bed and don't even remember getting in or strippin off. 

• Like 1