Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Today’s probably been the most windiest day of Autumn so far. Some rather strong gusts at times. Mostly cloudy at the moment with a few brighter spells. 

Should the likes of the ICON and ARPEGE be close to the mark on Friday, then that could be bad! (or good if you like strong wind events).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

On a lighter note, we have our first Snowfall Spike for Birmingham, rather early I think:)

gefsens850Birmingham0.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Naughty weather this morning... rainy and cloudy. ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

It's still looking rough today til tomorrow and still rather worried about Sunday in this area too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

Morning all today’s System has been named Storm Bronagh, but only Yellow Warnings have been issued, so should be expect an Amber to be issued soon?
I thought Warnings had to be at least Amber for a Storm to be named

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Moderate persistent rain with heavy bursts here for the past 2 hour and low cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

It is siling it down out there - I was out this morning in a dry spell on the hill-path, but then home, a few hours in the kitchen cooking lots of soup and pasta sauce, and now I'm really enjoying the weather because I'm tucked up cosily with Christmas presents to knit and crochet, with the rain chucking it down outside and me happily inside... :) 

It started raining steadily about 11am, I think, and hasn't stopped, doesn't look like it will do either! No wind to speak of but that was always forecast, 3-5mph for the main part of daytime today, then it kicks off again for this evening. 

If your'e out in rush-hour, take care - remember how incredibly stupid some people can be when they have a ton of high-speed metal in conditions that means they can neither see nor stop properly... 

Posted
13 minutes ago, BleakMidwinter said:

It is siling it down out there - I was out this morning in a dry spell on the hill-path, but then home, a few hours in the kitchen cooking lots of soup and pasta sauce, and now I'm really enjoying the weather because I'm tucked up cosily with Christmas presents to knit and crochet, with the rain chucking it down outside and me happily inside... :) 

It started raining steadily about 11am, I think, and hasn't stopped, doesn't look like it will do either! No wind to speak of but that was always forecast, 3-5mph for the main part of daytime today, then it kicks off again for this evening. 

If your'e out in rush-hour, take care - remember how incredibly stupid some people can be when they have a ton of high-speed metal in conditions that means they can neither see nor stop properly... 

You must just be right on the dividing line at the moment.  quite dry here now   i would be spitting feathers if it was snow instead of rain.  Tonight however could signal the return of heavy rain and high winds   eek

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Not in your area yet, but here it is varying between absolutely torrential downpours interspersed with periods of just heavy rain, and all driven sideways by gradually strengthening south-westerly gales.  It looks to be continuing to move north-east through mid-Wales and then into the Midlands, so I hope we've taken the sting out of it before it reaches you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Its basically rained moderately since about 10am here interspersed with 10-15 periods of heavy rain and couple of minutes of torrential rain! been told a few roads are flooding around town but not been particularly gusty... Worst day of rain for a long time.... 

• Like 1

Posted

34mm here so far and it continues, Winds picking up a little. 

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Finally stopped raining about 7, so had dinner and went to walk the dogs and on my way back started pouring again! Must have had at least 20mm today, lots of standing water around and some of the lanes getting flooded. But having been a very chilly 12C at lunchtime it now seems to have gone warmer, it did that one day in August too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

There's a weather station online, a few miles from here, recording 1.52cm of precip thus far today, and still coming down...! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Blowing a gale here in Walsall, saw a flag take flight out of someone back Garden and trees are occasional going mental in pretty fierce gusts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Pretty windy here and very wet. Hope my conservatoy don’t blow down lol as it’s taking a right battering 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
13 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

Pretty windy here and very wet. Hope my conservatoy don’t blow down lol as it’s taking a right battering 

Mark...

Mine too, its still raining steadily after a half hour burst of heavy rain.

I can hear the wind in the chimney   (I still have one!) and the conservatory and car port rooves are rattling away with each gust.

A wild night indeed.

18 mms of rain so far today.

Grandad 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Wind and rain whipping around nicely out there. Stay safe everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Yesterday's rainfall total of 74.3 mm was the largest on record here ( since 1977) in September, beating 71.4 mm on the 14th in 1994. It was also  the third largest daily total for any month.

• Like 2