DiagonalRedLine

Midlands Regional Discussion

Potentially an interesting end to the working week coming up. Wondering how much of this heat we can tap into here in the West Mids. Could be some storm potential too. All very finely balanced as it always is for us!

Edited by Gord

9 hours ago, fordy said:

Hardly any rain fell here, must be two months without any significant rain, must be the most baron spot in Britian right now

Yes fordy here in nuneaton was the same. Only rained  enough to dampen  the ground for 10 mins yesterday. Ground stiĺl baked hard and yellow grass.

Enough rain to wet the ground yesterday. Similar at the start of the week and end of last week. Otherwise, very dry.

High twenties into next week. Maybe scraping 30 in the west of the region and the low to perhaps mid 30’s in the east.

Sunny cloud here today with a light westerly breeze. My old Surrey village of Charlwood currently sitting at highest temp of 27.8 degrees C. They are welcome 🙂

23 minutes ago, WalsallWeather said:

This sky...

20180721_204457.jpg

20180721_204512.jpg

Very nice sky. 

An okay-but-no-more day here. Largely cloudy and rather humid, with a max of 23.1 °C. I'd have liked more sunshine -- I'm not expecting a return to the cloudless skies of earlier this month, but I doubt we had more than an hour or two all day. Tomorrow's forecast is uninspiring in that respect, too. As for the rest of the week, I expect the media will be going on about the possibility of serious heat in the SE, but it looks mostly like mid-20s and a lot more cloud for us. Nothing wrong with those temps, but I'd take 21 and sunny over 26 and cloudy.

Edited by Arctic Hare

19 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

An okay-but-no-more day here. Largely cloudy and rather humid, with a max of 23.1 °C. I'd have liked more sunshine -- I'm not expecting a return to the cloudless skies of earlier this month, but I doubt we had more than an hour or two all day. Tomorrow's forecast is uninspiring in that respect, too. As for the rest of the week, I expect the media will be going on about the possibility of serious heat in the SE, but it looks mostly like mid-20s and a lot more cloud for us. Nothing wrong with those temps, but I'd take 21 and sunny over 26 and cloudy.

I actually agree. Cooler and sunny is better than hot and cloudy. But we have been very spoilt with some amazingly clear blue skies and sun. Some night time rain would be helpful for nature too.

20 minutes ago, Storme said:

I actually agree. Cooler and sunny is better than hot and cloudy. But we have been very spoilt with some amazingly clear blue skies and sun. Some night time rain would be helpful for nature too.

We had several hours of rain here yesterday evening, considerably more than forecast or expected, so I think that's done its job. I know that hasn't necessarily been the case further east, though.

This next "heatwave" if it does eventually expose itself, still and always will be limited to the southeastern corner/third of the country, not the whole of the UK.

13 hours ago, Arctic Hare said:

We had several hours of rain here yesterday evening, considerably more than forecast or expected, so I think that's done its job. I know that hasn't necessarily been the case further east, though.

Yes it was dry here yesterday. The rain we had the other night has done nothing. Everything still tinder dry. 

Good point of the cloud is I will get out in the garden today to sort the chicken coop, which I have been putting off. Picking my chickens up from my pet sitter down south week after next. Nothing to do with the weather other than I can get their home ready without sun burn! Lol

3 hours ago, Winter80s said:

Yet another cloud fest.  Poor Forcasting AGAIN

Cheshire Gap sea mist, it's never forecasted, but I know my location, cleared now though

Wow, it's 28.4°C here, and still rising. I had realised today was supposed to get this warm.

At least we have a decent breeze today, however.

Bish

Cloudy until 2pm here but temperature has been rising ever since clouds broke. Still rising at 7pm which is crazy, 26C so far.

Edited by Snowy L

A much warmer day today, and it really felt it. More sunshine, too. Max of 27.6 °C -- about three degrees warmer than any of the GEFS 12z runs. Met Office currently predicting a similar high tomorrow; we'll see.

It would be interesting if Bewdley had a summer like this and didn't hit 30 °C here at any time! Highest so far, without checking, is 29.4 °C back in June, I think.

Well I creosoted the coop as the day got hotter. It wasn't too bad til about 2hrs ago, when the temperature started to obviously rise. I think sleeping in the next few days may be uncomfortable.

Accuweather forecasting temps of 29 degrees C here tomorrow. 

Was an uncomfortably hot night last night, awoke several times and got up to have a cool drink, and that's saying something for the Malvern Hills. Not much air movement. Not looking forward to the predicted increased humidity this week.

I’m so over this heat now..... have actually found myself considering an air con unit just to get some sleep 🙄

Does anyone know how much longer this is all due to go on for?

23.9c  already  another scorcher me thinks. 

34 minutes ago, fizz511 said:

I’m so over this heat now..... have actually found myself considering an air con unit just to get some sleep 🙄

Does anyone know how much longer this is all due to go on for?

I genuinely don't think anyone knows. The forecasters have been saying "another 2 weeks", for over a month now. 

Bit hotter over here, according to all forecasts. A possible 31 degrees on Thursday. I believe they have an Amber heat warning in place a little further south, for this week.

28 already in leicester!!should breach 30 degrees easy today!!was already 30 degrees at northolt at 10.50am!!madness!!highest temp could get close to 34 degrees today some where in the south east!!

Edited by shaky