DiagonalRedLine

Midlands Regional Discussion

Yep, got soaked at Walsgrave in Coventry an hour ago. Roads seemed to have sud like residue floating around. 

Was really just amazed to see rain! ☔🙃

Short, negligible shower here. Blue sky coming in from the west.

Could see the shower over coventry way from here in leicester!here we got naff all and the drought continues!!i just fell if we were gona seen any chance of rain it would av been today but we have missed out again and that could be it for the next 2 weeks lol

Well, it’s been lightly raining for about 5 minutes now, so I guess that’s officially brought an end to 50 days without rain. But it’ll have to get its act together to be of any use to the garden!

Well, enough of a shower earlier to count as significant rain and thus end the drought (last shower: one month ago exactly) but it was far, far too little to do any good. Here we are an hour later and you wouldn't even know it had happened; the ground is bone dry again. A waste.

Is there a way to find out the last rainfall? I've lost track! Kettering area. 

4 minutes ago, Rammie said:

Is there a way to find out the last rainfall? I've lost track! Kettering area. 

You mean from under this one, been tracking it since it formed in front of me near Daventry, wasn't letting any rain down here. 

20180716_200557.jpg

Had just enough spots of rain to dampen the surface, but now that look likes that's it.

Just now, matty40s said:

You mean from under this one, been tracking it since it formed in front of me near Daventry, wasn't letting any rain down here. 

20180716_200557.jpg

No. We've still had nothing. Not even looked like it. 

4 minutes ago, matty40s said:

20180716_200557.jpg

I can see that passing to the west of me. 

very light rain shower here didn’t even wet the ground  we really need significant rain because the gardens need it 

We had a five minute light shower here at around eight o'clock which was so light, it didn't even register a measurement at the local weather station.

The rest of the week looks cloudy but dry from what I can see. The drought continues!

Bish

The tiny cloud that brought the light shower appears to have grown and is dumping a lot of rain over Lincoln and Scunthorpe. Typical!

We had rain for most of yesterday evening, which truely ends the drought. Feels a lot fresher this morning with that damp feel. Not sure how quick grass etc will respond to the rain though, any thoughts?

White and grey cloud with the odd patch of blue sky and sun. Cooler westerly breeze today. Not looking forward to the heat building again this weekend.

On 17/07/2018 at 11:07, Storme said:

White and grey cloud with the odd patch of blue sky and sun. Cooler westerly breeze today. Not looking forward to the heat building again this weekend.

Ay, nor me, latest GFS suggests 35° for next Thurs through to Sunday, too much that, let's hope it's tempered nearer the time to around 27° ish

don't wanna troll the forum, but I don't want that type of heat, I like summer, but no more than say around 27 degrees, but no less than 21

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

I suppose I can just about put up with extreme heat (i.e. maxes of 33°C or above) for a short while, but only if it coincides with a significantly increased risk of big thunderstorms.

Bish

8 minutes ago, Bishop Brennan said:

I suppose I can just about put up with extreme heat (i.e. maxes of 33°C or above) for a short while, but only if it coincides with a significantly increased risk of big thunderstorms.

Bish

I have an autoimmune thyroid disease. Regulating heat and cold are a problem for me, though I am far better with cold weather. Extreme heat is no good for anyone, but please forgive me for really not liking these spikes in heat. Beyond that we desperately need rain, not just for the flowers and trees but the wildlife too.

If they are talking about really high temperatures, I too just hope they are short lived and not the 6 more weeks some websites are forecasting.

46 minutes ago, Storme said:

I have an autoimmune thyroid disease. Regulating heat and cold are a problem for me, though I am far better with cold weather. Extreme heat is no good for anyone, but please forgive me for really not liking these spikes in heat. Beyond that we desperately need rain, not just for the flowers and trees but the wildlife too.

If they are talking about really high temperatures, I too just hope they are short lived and not the 6 more weeks some websites are forecasting.

Ditto to everything you said! (Including the Hashimotos 🙄)

Have really enjoyed these last couple of days, feel like I can actually breathe again... 😎