Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
27 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

never known it so hot off a northerly breeze! imagine if we got a continental southerly

cooler tuesday thank heavens

It would be 39c from a Southerly as anything to go by today a NNE wind,the silent killer is heat.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
4 hours ago, Sweatyman said:

Absolutely sweating. Cooking bloomin dinner adding to the heat

Sweatyman, that is why God invented salads!

Bish 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Remarkable consistency here with the maxima. 28.6 °C today, so that's five successive days we've peaked in the 28s. Might be a while before that's matched in these parts again, though!

22nd consecutive day without rain, too.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

After a week of heat it's nice to have cloud cover today and cooler temps to be working outside in.

Temp currently 22c here

Posted
1 hour ago, Polar Maritime said:

After a week of heat it's nice to have cloud cover today and cooler temps to be working outside in.

Temp currently 22c here

True, although the extra cloud seems to have increased the humidity somewhat as well.

Currently 27.1°C here. The previous four days have all produced maxes of 30°C or above here, although today might end that run.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

may be more cloud today but certainly sticky. Some threatening looking ones now overhead, kind of hoping to see this week out without rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Been humid but blissful here up on the Leicestershire Wolds. Good breeze today. Bedroom temp reading 20.7 degrees C though the bedroom door is shut at the moment. Not wanting to see too high a temperature on Saturday as I am out for the day. 

Wish I had kept a weather diary since moving here. I think we had 2 lots of appreciable rain and 1 short overnight shower, since 4th May. Last rain I saw was just outside Birmingham on 16th June and it was torrential. It didn't rain here that day though.

Posted
6 hours ago, Storme said:

Been humid but blissful here up on the Leicestershire Wolds. Good breeze today. Bedroom temp reading 20.7 degrees C though the bedroom door is shut at the moment. Not wanting to see too high a temperature on Saturday as I am out for the day. 

Wish I had kept a weather diary since moving here. I think we had 2 lots of appreciable rain and 1 short overnight shower, since 4th May. Last rain I saw was just outside Birmingham on 16th June and it was torrential. It didn't rain here that day though.

I think that may be similar in Stoke as we missed that torrential rain that Birmingham had, but my memory is hazy now. If so, it was certainly just a small shower.

• Like 1

Posted

Hi all. Im travelling down to Fairford, Glos on Friday for the airshow. Having not seen rain here in Worcs for weeks , im really gutted to suddenly see some forecast sites showing showers on Friday afternoon. Just wonder if you guys agree with this ? 

Posted
1 hour ago, mr benn said:

Hi all. Im travelling down to Fairford, Glos on Friday for the airshow. Having not seen rain here in Worcs for weeks , im really gutted to suddenly see some forecast sites showing showers on Friday afternoon. Just wonder if you guys agree with this ? 

I suspect if there are any showers, they will be fairly light and sporadic. Certainly not significant enough to change your plans IMO.

Bish

Posted

Hey Bish. Nice to see your still here   its not just the rain its the blinking cloud cover . Mustve gone to bed thinking about it as had a dream the clouds were about house high and no planes could fly.  Dreams eh....

It will be even more ironic as chose to go to the show on Friday ahead of Saturday.  Sunday would be intersting if England get thru !

• Like 1

Posted

Considering this is the 'cooler' day it is a stunner. More so than yesterday with bright blue skies again and the heat of the sun is warm. Less sticky than yesterday.

• Like 1

Posted

Sunny and 22C. Much better than what weather apps particularly met office were going for.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Lovely cool breeze this evening. Bedroom temp on Oregon clock is 18.9 degrees C. Much more conducive for sleeping. Accuweather reading 15 degrees C outside temperature. It's also threatening showers here tomorrow. I won't hold my breath.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

And at last the run comes to an end. Against my expectations, it did make it to 28.0 °C on Monday, thus completing a run of six successive maxima in the 28s... but Tuesday topped out at 24.5 °C. No complaints, though: it was still pleasantly warm with lots of sunshine and felt a lot more comfortable.

Posted

We eventually peaked with a max of 24.7°C yesterday afternoon. This marked the end of a long sequence of sixteen successive days whereby the daily max had been at least 25°C or above. Pretty impressive stuff.

The only other similar sequences in "recent" times (my numbers go back to 1982) were:

16 days - 15/07/2006 to 30/07/2006 (with many daily maxes well above 30°C. July 2006 really was a incredibly hot month here)

13 days - 24/07/1995 to 05/08/1995 (there was another sequence of 8 days shortly afterwards)

10 days - 03/08/2003 to 12/08/2003

I think I'll always remember the June/July 2018 heatwave for it's dryness, longevity and abundant sunshine rather than it's heat.

Bish

• Like 4

Posted

Typical ,  beg for cooler weather and rain , and it decides to come on a day out for me at the airshow at Fairford , Gloucs tomorrow.,

The main forecast websites seem to differ when / if the rain will come.  Some say thunder , even hail (bbc  !) possible.

Just passing this over to the experts , so I can decide if need to take waterproofs !

Posted

Really black here now and the rain is very close. Still nothing electric, which is surprising and disappointing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Yesterday was the 23rd consecutive day with no measureable rain here making it the longest summer drought since 1976 which managed 26 days from August 2nd-27th. If the GFS rainfall prediction is accurate it looks unlikely that particular record will be broken.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, davehsug said:

Really black here now and the rain is very close. Still nothing electric, which is surprising and disappointing.

looks right over Stoke, NW of me 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Shower just kicked off here over north Wolves, temp - 20.0C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

England go out of the World Cup... the sun disappeares, replaced with grey cloud... And as I sit outside I start feeling the odd drop of rain on me! 

20180712_210426.jpg

Posted
4 hours ago, davehsug said:

Didn't amount to much. Some heavy bursts at home, but nothing more than spots a mile away in town.

My wife reported torrential rain in Newcastle but by home we had a faint drizzle which didn't even wet the ground.

I guess that counts the dry spell over. Dark early tonight too, complete contrast to weeks past. Feel a bit depressed.

Looks like the parched land will be a thing of the past and something we may not see for several decades again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Much that iv loves this hot sunny weather you can’t beat a good thunderstorm so let’s hope we get some right beasts tomorrow. Roll on the ? 

• Like 1