Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Bit late waking today but we finally have some rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
13 hours ago, Bishop Brennan said:

I wonder whatever went wrong with poor old RainToday? It was the main goto site for many people for a long time but then, about a couple of years ago, it suddenly started glitching? So odd that it works for some of the time, but not for the rest. 

It's Twitter feed hasn't updated since 2012, so it's pretty much a zombie site now. A real shame.

Bish

Yet the Premium service works fine! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Well, according to all the warnings out today, it will be all eye's and ears open later this afternoon, so we shall see.

Posted
1 hour ago, DIS1970 said:

Well, according to all the warnings out today, it will be all eye's and ears open later this afternoon, so we shall see.

Yes, the Met Office seem confident of the chance for some action round these parts later this afternoon. It certainly feels muggy enough right now.

Currently 21.1°C with a dp of 15.9°C

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Looks like East Anglia (Norfolk) are going in line for those over the North Sea, still very quiet over the much of the UK for strikes.

Posted

25c suns out very humid.... off to Buxton I go... hoping for thunderstorms tonight...not getting hopes up as only rain yesterday but hoping for a few got shots of lightening....

Posted

No sign of sun still. Want this easterly gone now tbh, too much rubbish has been sucked into the flow and I don't think we will see another sunny day until the wind direction changes.

Posted

It is quite depressing to be fair!last few days hardly any sun!!all of this talk off 850hpa temps of +10degrees but hardly felt like it will all the homegrown/north sea muck!!rather have a westerly with more sunshine lol

Posted

I hope i'm wrong but part of me thinks that these warnings are just to protect the metoffice's pride and backside after what happened over the weekend, because all the activity is over the Netherlands and Northern France, and it's very lively there, but with nothing at all anywhere on this side of the channel other than rainfall/showers. Like i said i hope i am wrong. Bright here, temp - 21.3C, so not exceptionally warm at the moment.

Posted
32 minutes ago, DIS1970 said:

I hope i'm wrong but part of me thinks that these warnings are just to protect the metoffice's pride and backside after what happened over the weekend, because all the activity is over the Netherlands and Northern France, and it's very lively there, but with nothing at all anywhere on this side of the channel other than rainfall/showers. Like i said i hope i am wrong. Bright here, temp - 21.3C, so not exceptionally warm at the moment.

The track of these showers look like at the moment that they're heading mainly for Wales, the South-West and the western part of the Midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Sun is slightly poking through. Been very humid all morning. Bit of a cooler breeze now. Birds are very noisy. I may be wrong but I think this side of Loughborough may not see much if any action. 

Posted

Looks like western Germany and the Netherlands are gonna have some fun again, still hardly a sniff over here. Cloud burning back behind that small shower over west Wolves.

Edited by DIS1970

Posted

cells  starting to appear now  the next few hours should start to see more developments   Cell appeared out of nowhere over Codsall.   certainly very humid

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Would love to see some storms here, not looking too likely though. 

Posted

Much sunnier today warmest day of this current spell at 23c humid just had a sharp shower.

Fireworks later.

Posted

Pleasant sunshine here, but certainly pretty humid.

Judging by the latest radar returns, I reckon the SW quadrant of the region should be in for some fun & games very shortly. Still too early to say for the rest of us.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Dark enough in Telford TF3 about 2:30pm to need to put the lights on - back to bright-overcast out there now, no rain this afternoon... yet! 

NetWeather currently has TF3 forecast to have 23.4mm of rain in a wee while...! Other sites forecast light showers - will wait and see. I'm still getting the hang of which sites are more reliable for rain in the warmer months. I've got better at understanding the weather patterns for snow round here, but the rest of the year is far beyond me at present so I'm relying on forecast-sites! 

Posted

There may be a few heavy showers around this evening, but far as storms, still nothing, it just isn't warm/hot enough, or the humidity isn't high enough, or both. Temp here peaked at 22.3C, but skies cloudied over and have dropped back down to 21.8C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

better day, once sea mist cleared around 11.30

unsure about storms here, look to be too far north and east

Posted

Radar looks interesting, however most of the action is well and truly to the south west, something of interest just to the west of Peterbourough, and possibly heading up to Loughborough/ Leicester.

And something like a tongue coming out of France and licking the rear of East Anglia, although that appears to be breaking up.

East midlands Airport forcast looks like we *may* see something http://en.allmetsat.com/metar-taf/united-kingdom-ireland.php?icao=EGNX 

Posted

It doesn't look any drama is gonna happen this time, that shower to the south-east of the West Mids, looks like it's fizzling out, unless my eyes are deceiving me.

Posted

It's as dead as a dodo here right now, no hint of storm activity whatsoever. Just a perfectly pleasant early-summer evening with plenty of hazy sunshine.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
56 minutes ago, Bishop Brennan said:

It's as dead as a dodo here right now, no hint of storm activity whatsoever. Just a perfectly pleasant early-summer evening with plenty of hazy sunshine.

Bish

Things could change very quickly  Bish Bosh BOOM!!!

BEFB05C4-7F10-47B9-8D7D-9D7BD94DDB77.thumb.jpeg.ef52af464f98bfad796fc5dbc1101b51.jpeg

Edit...nice little storm has come from nowhere right over Rugby.

BC3986AF-CA90-4353-8E87-162DB3772A3E.thumb.png.60673c272147b6586093d36722f0f38e.png

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 3